The Writers' Group 9,300 members · 56,457 stories
Comments ( 72 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 72

Now I'm sure we all know that most people dislike Trixie, many for stupid reasons, few for good reasons, today I''m going to take the stupid reasons and show you all exactly why they're stupid using logic and other stuff. There might already be a thread like this, but I'm sure not going to take the time to look for one to make sure, so just tell me if there is and I'll remove my post. Let's begin, shall we?

The first and most ridiculous reason by far is that they think Trixie's arrogant, a braggart, etc. I could easily just say that people who think this are stupid and just be done with it, but I prefer to be a bit more thorough.

...:facehoof:

Trixie is a showmare for Discord's sake! It's in her bucking job description to brag and show off! We've never actually seen what she acts like outside her job in depth very much.But I have more logical evidence then just that "it's in her job description", this is a rant (sort of) after all.

So next we're going to take a look at who is quite possibly the most over liked and overrated character in the ENTIRE fanon. Yep! You guessed right, it's Rainbow Dash. :pinkiesick: Now in Boast Busters Rainbow Dash says that she's better then everyone else, right after agreeing that just because somepony is good at something, doesn't mean they have to show it off and say they're better then everypony else (Or something along those lines). WHAT A BUCKING HYPOCRITE!

Now RD also boasts that she's the best flyer in Equestria. I think it's pretty safe to assume that Celestia, Luna, and especially Discord could all out fly her without breaking a sweat. That's not fair you say? They're basically gods you say? Who cares? But I'll indulge you I suppose. If Rainbow Dash truly was the best non god flyer in Equestria don't you think the Wonderbolts would be begging her to join? Instead they just ignore her most of the time (The Gala).

So now we know that Rainbow Dash is even more of a braggart then Trixie. If you hate Trixie for this bullshit reason, then you better despise Rainbow Dash.

Another reason people don't like Trixie is because she enslaved Ponyville.

...:facehoof:

The mane six (and Snips and Snails) ruined her career, of course she's going to want revenge! I know if someone ruined my career I'd want revenge, wouldn't you?

Now I love Twilight, but I'll admit that it is mainly her fault that Trixie's career was ruined. I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume Twilight knew that Trixie was a showmare, yet she didn't stand up for Trixie because she was too scared or something like that. I don't know. Point is, Trixie had the right idea when she blamed Twilight. Now I could go on and on about each of the mane six besides Fluttershy, but I think you get the point by now, so I'll end this here.

"Sometimes I wonder how people can't see what's directly in front of them, but then I realize that common sense isn't very common, and that people are just stupid."

:twilightsmile:

i dislike trixie because of her voice

Who hates Trixie? Every time there is a multichapter TrixTwi clop and ship fic it gets featured.

Trixie is third best pone.

2291960 I like Trixie, but even though what the Mane six did was unfounded initially, she didn't have to get back at them like that.

The green air, tying AJ up thing, not the enslaving thing...

Well, I guess the enslaving thing too, but I'm, going to say that some of that was the amulet's doing

2291972 That's a reason that sounds logical to me, I hate AJ for that same reason. :twilightsmile:

The thing is, we're not supposed to like her much, but it seems like her job to do what she does, and yet...ugh, Trixie is one of the few examples of sub-par writing on the part of most of the writers of the show. Of course she becomes harder to like in her second appearance. I can't like her then.

2291994 Yeah, I feel like she was written so she was disliked.

I don't care that much who likes or hates a fictional cartoon character, but I was surprised by the number of people hating on Trixie when she appeared in Solitary Locust.

2291990 Maybe, maybe not, it depends on who you talk to. And remember, she was under the influence of the Alicorn Amulet, she wasn't thinking straight.

2291978 Most people who claim to be Trixie fans only like her when she's getting freaky with Twilight. I know very few that actually like her as a character. I personally love Trixie. Tots adorbs.

2291990 Indeed, plus it wasn't her fault the Ursa Minor attacked. She could've just explained what happened and noone would've assumed she was a phony. She swallowed her pride to admit to lying, she didn't have to swallow it any further to explain what happened.

I don't mind Trixie, it's when I go to EqD to check on the episode release schedule and see her plastered ALL OVER THE SITE is when I start edging towards hating her.
So as usual it's all Seth's fault.

I agree with all of this: The Mane Six overstepped their boundaries and were expressing the rising culture of hating success, but Trixie did not handle their behavior very graciously.

2291960 In first first episode, I did feel sorry for her. Hell, for "magic Duel" you should blame Celestia and Luna for losing a extremely fucking powerful object.

I like Trixie, but she isn't my favorite non main character.

2292018 While I do love Twixie, I just like Trixie's character a lot, so much less one sided then ponies like RD (IMO) and so much more potential.

Key way to debunk this; there is such a thing as Mean Character, Nice Actor.

She is not this, she is not some misunderstood loner, she is not some unappreciated hero and she is not some rejected showman, she is an egotistical jerk who frankly should be in prison right now.

2292012 Ummm... What episode is that? Is it from season 4?

2292031 Eh... the only Twix I will ever like is the candy. But my feelings on shipping within the fandom are a whole nother story entirely.

2292014 Oh yes, blame the cursed magical artifact instead of the person who got it to clearly wield it against those who wronged her. Yeah, clearly this logic is flawless...

2292040 Do you have any logic behind your statements or is that just your opinion?

In my headcanon, to redeem this all, Rainbow Dash is vastly nicer and more humble and Trixie is a little bit less so than they are depicted in the show, because just saying you shouldn't like a show-off isn't enough to get other people to dislike them.

I love Trixie, but there is a difference between a show and what Trixie does. :trixieshiftleft:

She assaulted people, took over a town by force and even if you want to argue the BS argument that the Amulet corrupted her (yeah see how well that stands up in a court) she sought it out for the purposes of revenge.

So let's see, career destroying by utter accident apparently justifies trying to take revenge with dangerous magical artifact? Yeah no.

Now before you pull out the bullshit, I am well aware that Snips and Snails ruined her career and that she did not deserve to be treated with as much mockery as she did but she should know that if you're going to make a career out of acting a jerk for the sake of the show, people ARE going to mock and hate you when you refuse to drop it even when there's far more at stake.

Trixie is completely self centered and is so far one of the few villains who has received NO come uppance, despite doing MORE damage than NMM has been shown to do so far.

2291960 I think she's annoying. I don't hate her like if there was an episode about her I wouldn't watch it but she is annoying. RD is a egotisitical jerk and for good reasons but Trixie is an egotistical jerk and she can't even do anything amazing or powerful. I'm not a big RD fan though either. I guess what I'm saying is she is just not my type of character, idk lol.

Luminary
Group Contributor

who frankly should be in prison right now.

...For what?

Is getting mind controlled by an evil artifact a crime? She was properly apologetic and guilty about the whole thing after. She didn't continue once the amulet was gone. Which would point to it not being consensual.

I love my Trixie, no doubts there. But yeesh, that's quite the rant.

Skimming tells me that I more or less agree. She's not really all that much more arrogant than Dash. And the Mane 6 didn't exactly make the best impression when they crashed her stage show. To heckle her for her chosen act.

Yeah, she bragged. But so do a lot of stage magicians. I wouldn't be nearly as much fun to have a Fluttershy analogue out there, begging for you to give her a chance to show you some magic. And oh, she hopes it doesn't bore you. Please don't leave.

Trixie dropped the stage act when the chips were down. She stopped speaking in the third person and everything. Even admitted it was all just a story.

2292051 While she did buy it to get her revenge, that doesn't mean she wanted to enslave the town, from what I understand she only wanted revenge mainly on Twilight, the Alicorn Amulet warped her mind and decided it wanted to enslave the town. :twilightsmile

:2292061 That's a very good point, but again, we haven't really got to know Trixie's character as much as the mane six or any other commonly occurring character. :twilightsmile:

2292022 That's also a very good point. We can now safely assume that she's prideful, not that it's a bad trait to have.:twilightsmile:

She sought out the thing and also assaulted people on her stage show in broad daylight even in her first appearance. She sought out the alicorn amulet with malevolent intentions, anything that happened afterward might have been more than she intended but that's basically saying Manslaughter isn't a crime because you didn't intend to kill.

2292106 She still bought it with the intention to use it. You can't blame the tool for the act of doing its job, cruel as it may be, merely the lack of foresight to understand what might happen if it is used. Also, you missed a colon at the end of your emote...

Luminary
Group Contributor

out the alicorn amulet with malevolent intentions

How do you know? For all we know she just wanted something to even the odds, magic-wise. And oh, hey look, amplifier artifact!

It's not like someone would willingly put the damned thing on, knowing it was going to enslave them and turn them into a rampaging psychopath.

TGM

...people hate Trixie?

I've yet to come across a brony who showed outright hatred for the showmare.

Explain the evil grin at the glass case when she was getting it? Or the fact that she was fucking warned? Or the fact that I have no clue how the hell you look up an amulet like that and kinda miss that little detail.

The only possible alternative is that she's honestly that stupid, in which case Snips and Snails could be her tutors in comparison.

Luminary
Group Contributor

I've met plenty. 'Tis not a myth.

If you wrote something with Trixie, you'd see in short order.

People hate Trixie.

She was being corrupted by an evil magical artifact. It was pointed out several times that something was seriously wrong with her during her occupation of Ponyville.

When she bought the amulet she was probably just planning on beating Twilight in a regular magic duel as a way to repair her damaged reputation - it might not even have been especially personal - but by the time she got to Ponyville it had started to affect her. Blaming her for any of what happened after that makes as much sense as blaming Frodo Baggins for going temporarily insane at the end of Return of the King.

Luminary
Group Contributor

The warning amounted to her being told it was nonspecifically dangerous. We never even see her grin. We see her shadow. So rather hard to judge the quality. But it's not like that couldn't be explained by her finally thinking she's going to get some vindication to salve her pride.

And yeah, maybe she thought she could control it, even knowing its reputation. We'll never know. Since we're never told. Nor does Trixie ever explain anything. She was, however, seemingly thoroughly disgusted with what she did. She didn't revel in it, or sneak off to plan her next bit of revenge.

And hey, maybe she was stupid. It happens. Heavens knows the Mane 6 have never been shy about carrying the idiot ball.

As for her assaulting the Mane 6. Meh. Yeah, she was a jerk, but then, so were the ponies who crashed her show. Didn't see any police kicking down the door of her cart. So clearly the town was not up in arms over it.

Luminary
Group Contributor

Aww, can always count on you to say things succinctly, Fervidor.

2292018 I like her from the show and the fandom; not the sex part of the fandom, though.

And yet somehow this fandom comes to the conclusion that Flim and Flam or Gilda are unrepentant jerks with no redeeming traits? And yet Trixie gets off scott free?

I'm done. I don't understand a lot of things in this fandom admittedly and usually I just stay off of them but Trixie is a continual source of irritation to me, especially since fans will go out of their way to outright demonise others (Mane 6 ruined/crashed her show? Fuck off, they unintentionally let her show off).

2292128 True, but I still don't see what you're getting at. You haven't really stated whether or not you like or dislike her, just observations that you've made.

Now I'm sure we all know that most people dislike Trixie

No, "we all" know no such thing. Trixie is in fact a very popular character, popular enough to warrant multiple cameos in Equestria Girls.

Don't presume to speak the mind of the masses when you speak with the tongue of the asses.

Luminary
Group Contributor

Flim and Flam or Gilda are unrepentant jerks with no redeeming traits? And yet Trixie gets off scott free?

Made enormous for emphasis.

Trixie repents. Flim, Flam and Gilda don't.

Flim and Flam and Gilda didn't terrorize a town for petty revenge.

2292217 Chill out dude, no need to get pissy. Flim and Flam were kinda being jerks, go watch their show again, you might see it this time around, or you might not, doesn't matter to me.

2292134 Look harder, you'll find them eventually.

I like Trixie well enough. I think she has potential to be a much deeper character if they give her more development.

You definitely brought up some good points, though I admittedly have to roll my eyes whenever people focus only on the negative aspects of Dash and completely ignore the sensetive, caring side she's shown in Hurricane Fluttershy and Sleepless in Ponyville (and is likely going to show in upcoming episodes). Yeah, she can be an arrogant jerk and I have wanted to slap her on occassion, but she's still got a heart of gold that I think some people really tend to overlook.

2292228 Really? Have you looked around the fanon very much? A lot of people hate or dislike her.

:facehoof:

All of the :facehoof:

I'm leaving now, blind fans aren't fun to debate with.

Luminary
Group Contributor

So...?

They also aren't controlled by an evil artifact. Nor do they have the capability to terrorize a town.

Flim and Flam were willing to ruin the livelihood of an entire family for quick bits. Gilda is pretty much Trixie without a cool hat or any sign of a better nature. At least Trixie asks for forgiveness, and stepped up to try to stop the rampaging Ursa, as lame as her attempt was.

You're no less locked into your own opinion than anyone else.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 72