The Writers' Group 9,331 members · 56,840 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

Would you guys say it's likely dragons can walk on clouds, the way pegasi can? Considering griffons and ordinary birds can, I mean.

If, for example, Rainbow Dash decided to bring Spike to Cloudsdale for whatever reason, could he walk around there without the use of spells?

2127544 I'd say yes, because dragons also have wings. I know Spike doesn't, but he's a still a child.

I don't think so. Pegasi can do it because that's their natural habitat (talking about evolution here). Dragons are far more accustomed to magma and such rather than a dainty little cloud so no... I don't think he'd be able to.

2127544 I say yes, but Spike shouldn't be able to... he has no wings.

Luminary
Group Contributor

Hum. It follows pretty logically that they could, considering we see so many flying animals creatures able to interact with clouds.

Would I do it? Probably not. I like pony magic being unique. And gryphons having some of it is already enough for moi. But then, my headcanon includes pony magic being a bit 'contagious' into nature in areas they've ponyformed. Animals get smarter over time when around earth ponies. Perhaps walking on clouds when around pegasi. That sort of thing.

But griffons/gryphons are feathered aswell as pegasi.

It doesnt say if bat ponies can walk on clouds, or even if changelings can

I'd say no, personally. I tend to think of dragons as being more earth-oriented (gems, hordes, and all that); they also have wings big enough to actually support flight. We've also never seen any evidence that they can land on clouds, even though we've seen several episodes in which dragons feature prominently.

All that having been said, I don't think readers would throw up their hands and say you were being stupid if you did have Spike walking around Cloudsdale without having a spell cast on him, since the argument could be made that cloud-walking was inexorably linked with flight in Equestria.

2127544 given it's a large enough cloud and said dragon has wings, yes

I say50/50 chace he could

Bats seem to be able to interact with clouds, seeing as Fluttershy pulled one out of a random cloud in May The Best Pet Win.

Insects can absolutely do it, anyway.

If the ability to walk on clouds is related to the creature's wings, then yes, they should. If it is instead based upon a personal magic that not all winged creatures naturally possess, then no.

ponyformed

I'm totally stealing that.

2127544 Windigos were shown on clouds and they are very dragon like.

Showmare Trixie
Group Admin

I don't think so, Pegasi can do so because it's part of their natural magic, same with birds. Dragon magic has been shown to be different.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15