The Writers' Group 9,317 members · 56,713 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

I never talked much about mine back in the day, mainly because their stories kept changing and evolving. At this point, mine are a married couple, with one being an angel created at the turn of the millennium. Her name is Atmospheric, and she was tracking my first OC Harmonic long before they met. She sensed a deep-rooted despair that haunted him throughout the first quarter of his life, and decided to become his protector. She was never able to fully erase his suffering, but three kids and a successful marriage implied his recovery was beyond extraordinary. She saw potential that could be tapped into if he was ever reborn. He's the link between the mortal realm and divinity, and a testament to what hope can do for an empty heart. I'm interested to hear some of the more original and creative ideas you guys have thought up over the years. Feel free to drop 'em in the comments below.

My own story heavily features my own ... different ... version of Twilight Sparkle's family, the great Noble House of Twilight, so the vast majority of my OCs are in some way related to the Twilights, either by blood, marriage, or employment.

I love my Twilights, they're a bunch of differently-sane, ultra-violent, magically-enhanced, super-soldier, wolfponies, who. over a thousand years ago, accidentally cursed their own bloodline into becoming wolf-like predator ponies. They then subsequently, decided that this 'curse' was actually totally awesome and doubled, tripled and quadrupled down with further alterations to themselves.

Sounds like an interesting fantasy premise. Definitely something worth checking into.

[Adult story embed hidden]

This is it, since you're interested.

Intelligent commentary in progress...

7963162 My super original black&red alicorn Ravenblood Flame Blaze Shadow Fire Heart Nightshade was created with black magic in a time of desperation.

He was put into hiding until he would be ready to face the evil of the land. Alas, his destiny knocked on his door way too early. Despite his dark and edgy backstory, he was not prepared.

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

Never got around using original characters either in stories I've written or planned and never got around. Show already has so many characters to use and background characters in all honesty are basically blank characters you can use however you want.

But I do have my mascot Cinder:

My little wannabe hero, very courageous and not the most bright pony but she means well. And true to her name she has an unhealthy obsession with fire to the point she has difficulty doing simple unicorn spells without adding some heat to them. Originally she joined royal guard believing she'd do great things as a guard pony. But in turned out that royal guard ponies mostly just stand still and patrol around, Twilight and her friends deal with all the cool threats. Eventually Cinder quits her job to form a team with paranormal investigator pony and two of them go on a wacky adventures dealing with horrors that ponykind was never meant to know.

Basically a comedic adventure character. But I'll probably never write stories with her because I'm unmotivated to write pony stories. And also because she'd look like a self-insert and nobody really wants to read that, in hindsight I should have had a different user name. Oh well.

Immediate question: "which one?"

But I'll just do my favorite: Verity Fine, AKA "Fine Crime", the star of my long-ended No Heroes series. Unicorn, dappled brown with a bright red mane. Born in a wealthy family, everything looked good for him until his family went on a cruise in their personal yacht. Long story short, the sea serpent to end all sea serpents struck. The yacht sank and the colt saw his mother eaten by the thing, small enough to be a mere crumb to it. Fine and his father survived a few months on an uninhabited island before eventually being rescued and brought back to civilization.

The event left Fine traumatized. He developed a terror of deep water and became withdrawn from social activities, regularly skipping school to explore his home city of Las Pegasus and avoid his father. One day he visited one of the city's seedier neighborhoods, a place full of thieves and drunks and killers, and found that he liked it there. Still only a child, he visited this area regularly and discovered his talent for observation, making plans, and especially stealth, the latter of which he got his cutie mark in.

In his teenage years, Fine discovered he had a mental illness called Bloodmane that drove him to homicidal tendencies. After taking his first life, he decided it was not safe for him to keep living with his father and so ran away. He spent the next several years as a vagabond, roaming the world and trying to limit his murderous tendencies strictly to ponies who, in his eyes, deserved it.

Eventually, Fine was discovered by and recruited into the Archons, the espionage wing of Equestria's government. He worked as a spy, saboteur and, yes, assassin. He went on many adventures but maintained a bitter, unpleasant outlook on life. This changed when the dragon Reddux and his companions invaded Equestria. Fine infiltrated the front lines and met the filly Fleur de Lis, who he took in as an apprentice. After this, Fine gradually began the road to mental recovery, not in the least thanks to Fleur's influence.

Fine would go on to become the leader of the Archons and, upon Princess Luna's return to Equestria, would begin working directly under her with Fleur as his second-in-command. Inspired by Twilight Sparkle and her friends, Luna would have Fine gather and lead a group of ponies to serve as the Mane Six's "backup team", not to wield the Elements themselves but to provide support when necessary. These six ponies would become known as the Order of Shadows.

Fine achieved many things in his long life. He's fought King Sombra, saved orphan fillies, infiltrated a changeling hive, battled a dragon, befriended chaos spirits (not that one!), rescued princesses, failed to romance Fluttershy, been possessed by a dragon's ghost, technically raised a filly, and eventually married Pinkie Pie. It's been a long, wild journey that I am still quite pleased with after all these years.

Oh, and that's just the original version of him. Fine Crime has been a major player in no less than three AUs, all of which are alternate timelines of one another.

Comment posted by Golden Fang Ryu Shenron deleted May 4th

A human fell through one of midnight's portal's. A crash landing Isekai.
Only like to change the bare minimum to make my point.

He's autistic and had a very bad prior experience in the human world, putting him opposite friendship.
At least initially.

Can I tell you my OCs' backgrounds?

These are just works in progresses so far and might have stories written about them in the future.

Sid the Hero (Real Name: Sidney Noah Franklin):
- Sid was a sheltered and overprotected child who lacked social skills and had trouble making friends initially. He was bullied in first grade but befriended Alex and later Clover.
- His mother gave birth to his younger sister Rana when he was around 10 years old. Despite his well-intentioned attempts, he struggled to bond with her due to accidentally making her cry a lot until she heartwarmingly thanked him for giving her her lost frog plushie to stop her from crying and apologizing by crawling over and sleeping on his lap with a genuine smile.
- At age 10, he became obsessed with Sonic the Hedgehog, sparking his heroic ambitions. At 13, he gained hybrid abilities after saving a Flicky from danger.
- His parents were later killed by Eggman's brainwashed partner Ominous, leading Sid to go on a journey with Sonic's team to stop Ominous and save his remaining loved ones.
- After moving in with his grandparents Sandra and Bob, Sid and Rana struggled to cope with their parents' deaths before finding acceptance with help from friends.

Clover:
- Clover had strict, perfectionist parents with high expectations who pushed her to be the best through punishment if she didn't meet their standards.
- She was bullied for her insecurities and "girly side" as a child, leading her to adopt a tomboy appearance to avoid being picked on while keeping her girlier interests private.
- Sid defended her from the bullies when he saw her being picked on, leading to their eventual friendship along with Alex.

Alex:
- Alex was the "runt" of his abusive family who mistreated him after his mother died giving birth to him, causing his father to resent Alex.
- His siblings constantly bullied him out of fear of being punished by their father if they didn't. This led Alex to develop a cynical, arrogant tough exterior to hide his insecurities.
- He defended the bullied Sid at school, knowing what it felt like to be mistreated, leading to their friendship. He later befriended Clover too despite their rocky start.

Rana:
- Rana is Sid's younger sister who he initially struggled to bond with as a baby, thinking she didn't love him before being proven wrong after finding her lost frog plushie and apologizing.
- She is bold, curious and quite smart for her age with a compassionate heart but also socially awkward which makes it hard for her to make friends easily.
- Over time she becomes less bratty and more mature while retaining her compassion.

Sandra (Sid's grandmother):
- Sandra had very ambitious, strict parents who pushed her passion for inventing from a young age.
- A past failure at a science fair where she was laughed at devastated her initially before her parents' advice motivated her to always improve.
- She fell in love with and later married Bob, one of the few who didn't mock her science fair failure.

Bob (Sid's grandfather):
- As a child, Bob's entire family perished in an accidental house fire he accidentally started while cooking, leaving him traumatized and guilt-ridden.
- He was taken in by the Franklin family afterwards and learned to play sports and cook from his new parents.
- Meeting Sandra, one of the few who didn't mock her science fair failure, led to their romance and eventual marriage.

Ominous (Real Name: Gray the Panther):
- Ominous was born and raised in the oppressive Shallow Vale where crime was rampant. His neglectful, abusive parents and being relentlessly bullied led to his dark path.
- Forced to hurt a new kid at school or be beaten himself, Ominous chose to hurt the new kid, awakening his desire to fix the world by wiping out all evil.
- After going into hiding, he gained dark powers to manipulate morality/empathy and was sealed away for 10,000 years by the gods fearing his powers before being released and brainwashed by Eggman.

Sid Sebastian Tremaine:
- Sid lost his kind mother at a young age and was constantly verbally and physically abused by his father afterwards who called him a failure.
- This, combined with witnessing the hardships of others, motivated Sid to pursue science to make the world better like his mother wanted.
- A horrible accident during his invention process removed much of his compassion, drove him partially insane, and led him to want to take over the planet instead before being defeated by the Mane Six.

Odium (Formerly Dolfy):
- Odium was separated from his parents Lucia and Diego as a newborn pup after a carriage accident, and found/adopted by the manipulative seer Calypso.
- Raised by Calypso to be a force for good, he was secretly trained to despise and go against the Mane Six through manipulation and stories of their perceived wrongdoings.
- After Calypso's death, a disillusioned Odium set out alone on his mission against the Mane Six before learning he was deceived.

Calypso:
- A once highly esteemed seer and weaponsmith, Calypso was exiled and erased from history for attempting to steal a time travel scroll after disagreeing with the show's villain redemptions.
- In exile, she adopted the baby wolf Odium/Dolfy and manipulated him through emotional abuse to groom him into opposing the Mane Six for revenge, genuinely believing her cause was just.
- Despite her immoral methods, she had a desire to do good and cared for Odium, wishing him a better future in the end.

Black Scapolite:
- One of the first gems created by Homeworld during Era 1 as a test subject, Black Scapolite was innately evil and sadistic from his inception.
- Assigned to exterminate remaining life during colony missions, his love of destruction led him to betray Homeworld out of a desire for greater power and plunge the universe into chaos.
- Caught and nearly shattered, he escaped and devised an eons-long plan to become powerful enough to destroy the Diamonds and Homeworld out of revenge.

Agent Red:
- Not much is revealed about Agent Red's specific background, adding to his air of mystery and intrigue.
- He appears to be a skilled thief and escape artist motivated primarily by self-interest at first glance, though with hints of deeper complexity driving his anti-heroic actions.

Ladina:
- Ladina came from a wealthy but busy family. Her sweet, shy nature was corrupted after facing contempt and abuse from her older, jealous sister Diana from toddlerhood to pre-teens.
- To avoid being hurt, Ladina adopted Diana's cruel ways, becoming a bratty, stuck-up diva though harboring guilt and still wanting to be good deep down.

Diana:
- Diana is Ladina's older sister and heir to the family's wealth/influence. An arrogant, aggressive gold-digger, she verbally abused the younger Ladina out of jealousy over her once kinder disposition.
- Her assertive, bossy demeanor stems from a need for control and validation that her busy yet loving rich parents failed to provide fully in her upbringing.

Ethan Actaeon Theofylaktos is my Original Character. He is a steadfast, patient and reliable pegasus, loved for his impartialness and empathy. Though he can be just as impulsive, aggressive and overprotective of others and is infamous for his envy, bluntness, inexperience, stubbornness, vengefulness and capacity to carry grudges.

As for his background... Ethan’s upbringing was peculiar compared to most children. He was brought up inside a polygynous polycule household instead of a two parent couple monogamous one. Fortunately, the pegasus didn’t have to face any backlash from it given where he was born. It was as secure and fulfilling as it can be for a child raised healthily – with the addition of the extra parent. That isn’t to say there were difficulties, one of them having to do with infertility. Ethan’s mother and stepmother’s chances of having children were tragically low, but they were able to make it work with his father. It took his stepmother – Evelyne Thérèse Theofylaktos – longer to do so but was eventually able to bring Ethan’s younger brother into the world. It was familial bliss for a decade following this, until their harmonious family was torn to pieces.

Sixteen years after being birthed into the Theofylaktos Family, Ethan’s biological mother – Natalie Actaeon Theofylaktos – died in a horrific animal attack. It was on the Thirty-First of January when it took place, the night of Natalie’s birthday. She and Ethan were frolicking in their home Nirvana's Forest of Foxen when they were ambushed by supernatural creatures known as Feralins. Mother and son but up a valiant fight but they were eventually overwhelmed by their enemies. Not wanting to see her son perish, Natalie sacrificed her life to save Ethan from the jaws of death. It sadly did no spare the emotional wellbeing of the colt, nor the misfortune of witnessing his mother dying. He was eventually found by his father – Theodore Theofylaktos – after he and Evelyne got worried from their absence. By this time, nothing could be done for Natalie, and from there everything went downhill.

Following the funeral of his mother were the hardest three years of Ethan’s life. Her death shook the Theofylaktos Family to the core, but none were more affected than her only son. It left him traumatized and guilt ridden by not being able to save her, even though it wasn’t his fault. It got to the point where he eventually moved out – something he was already planning on doing after losing his mother – and went to live on his own. Shortly afterwards, Theodore, Evelyne and Silentium lost their home in a natural disaster and were taken in by Ethan. Even with his family by his side again, the stallion never forgot that night and how it changed him. It sparked something in him as well – a deep hunger that would send him down a path of eliminating the creatures that took his mother’s life. Not just alleviate the burden on his shoulders, but so he could prevent as many people from suffering what he did as possible.

For anyone who is curious to know my OC more beyond this, here's a One-Shot out of nine that more or less ties into my incoming project.

TWings Of Vigor
Since first choosing to walk down this path, I have accomplished what few did - or were willing to do - themselves. Few thanked me for it, but that was fine. As long as my goal is achieved, I will continue down this road until I can walk it no more.
Golden Fang Ryu Shenron · 5.3k words · 300 views
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14