The Writers' Group 9,300 members · 56,454 stories
Comments ( 28 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 28

The judges of T.W.G. have done the hard part. We looked over the entries. We judged. We battled. Words were thrown at each other like axes made of laser beams and their hilts made of rabid sharks! Fingers were pointed in every direction, making a net of accusations even the orb spider would be impressed over. There were tears, mostly mine, wiped across the floor. Wordsmith Bellatrix used Barrobroadcaster as a mop (we definitely had another mop). The morgue gave their employees a bonus paycheck for how many bodies we had to bury. The fires raged for seven days and nights while the oceans churned hurricanes. Then there was a really weird thing about Go-karts and minigolf but I don’t understand what happened there because I was out that day, but from what I heard it was just really awkward for everyone. But apparently it is possible to drive a Go-Kart like that…

Just what were you thinking, Ferlathin!?

The things that went on in that judging room changed me. Yes, we have Go-Karts and Minigolf in our judging room. It’s a huge room. It has a pet cow. Moo.

And then, as soon as it began, it ended. A light at the end of the tunnel. We had our five top entries. And everyone was happy. Except for Luminary. He had a laser axe in his face and a shark eating away at the rest of his body.

That all being said, we have our five final contestants! Please welcome:
JawJoe Story: Green

Idle Prose Story: All you need is love

Cola_Bubble_Gum Story: How Ponyville was made

Late_to_The_Party Story: It’s a Wonderbolt Life

JMac Story:Being Neighborly

All five of these stories promise a fantastic read. But only three of the five can win. It’s up to the forum users of T.W.G. and all of Fimfiction to decide. You’re free to use blog posts to notify your followers, but please do not spam other groups with “Vote for me in TWG” and encourage them to read all selections before casting their vote.

To encourage some fair play, I’m giving view of the stories before I open the polls. Use this thread as a discussion board for who you think should win. Some of them are comment enabled, but if I have to start removing people from the group because of bad commenting, I will. Don’t be jerks.

Polls will open when I return tonight and close on Thursday 11:59 p.m. central time. If we do not reach at least fifty total votes, the judging scores will be used to determine the victors. We almost have 3000 members, this should not be an issue. On Friday, the winners will be announced. I’ll release judging scores and commentary on Friday for everyone.

If you are not in the top five, you are free to post your story on Fimfiction.

Live, Learn, Let go
~Cosmic of T.W.G.

P.S. All of the story above was absolutely true. Every word.

P.S.S. Any questions or concerns? PM me or comment here. I'll get back to you later this evening.

Congrats to all of you! I will be checking these out! :raritywink:

Flintso didn't make it!:fluttercry:
Well, I'll check these out later. They look really awesome.:pinkiehappy:

1896313 we all got some reading to do.

Well, I'm disappointed I didn't make it to the finals. Still, at least now I can post my story.

Will take a look at what kind of insane geniuses managed to beat me once I have some caffiene in my system.

The scores were really close for a lot of contestants, yours included. These guys happened to pull forward by just a bit more.

I fell behind because of the UK spellcheck, didn't I? :fluttercry:

Or maybe those formatting tags I accidentally left in there...? :trollestia:

By the way, I'm guessing this means we can all put up our stories now?

Meh. Well, I can agree that those stories are better than my one...

Makes sense. I've said all along, my story was kinda beta when I submitted it, because I procrastinated too much and ran out of time, but I counted on my natural brilliance to make up for it. Once again, my own hubris is my undoing! I really need to stop underestimating everyone who isn't me. :raritydespair:

1896313 How is Luminary? I personally have never had a laser axe in my face with a shark eating my body.

BTW, quick question to any of the judges who read my story: Would you classify it as Slice of Life or Adventure? I kinda want to tag it as both, but the site won't let me.

1896411 The 15 of us who didn't make it would like to know our scores at some point... :unsuresweetie:

I'm voting for JawJoe's fic.

1897170 Dude, you're featured! Tells you a lot about how high the quality of this competition was.

Oh, dear. What if all the stories that didn't make the final 5 get featured, and I don't?

AAAAH. I actually got in the top! :yay:

A fun note for my story: my inspiration for these two characters and their relationship come from this scene. I also get to explain why Lucky refers to Rarity as a neighbor in The Best Night Ever, and how Wild Fire appears in the Wonderbolts Academy. I like playing with canon.

Good luck everyone! And now...

Raptor Derpy is not enough. We must go MAXIMUM DERP.

HIYAAAAA~

Yes, if you're not in the top five you may.

I visit him everyday. He's stabalizing. At the very least, that laser axe made him... (sunshades) Light Headed.

Yes, I'll give all of this away on Friday.

Holy gods that derpy.

Sweet, I'll get the poll up this evening! Thanks guys.

Umm, what is the T.W.G. Contest O.o?

1896313 Wait, so...laser beams...attached to sharks...

On an unrelated note: I made the top five! WOOO!

Should have time in a couple days to read the other four up there. Got work and whatnot in the meantime.

1900415 Hey, you said the axes were made of laser BEAMS. Not my fault the picture isn't entirely accurate.

Aww... 1897170 here actually makes me have feelings for Rainbow Dash (my least favorite of the Mane Six :trollestia:), and he doesn't make the grade?

Dear T.W.G. staff...

:rainbowwild:

I am Einhander and I did not ask for this message.

(But I appreciate the support.)

VOTE COLA!

I AM COLA AND I AM BATSHIT TERRIFIED BY THAT MESSAGE :unsuresweetie:

Faster's really good stuff, yeah. Should've had my slot.

Hey, no need for any modesty at this point. Even if I say "it deserves to have a slot," I definitely won't say whose. They all deserved it as much as anyone else. :raritywink:

By the way, am I wrong to think that, in a certain interpretation, your story is a bit creepy? :pinkiecrazy:

I'm being honest. Ein and I have discussed the Further Plans and I think he's going to hit oil with that sucker; he worked on it a lot. There are hints of other things, it ties backwards and forwards with the mythology, etc. etc., I love that story.

His is a meal; mine's a dessert at best.

Re: Creepy: The fridge horror is intentional.

I feel like the implications of Pinkie having access to that sort of power isn't really ever explored, and while I didn't want to play with that directly -- I've seen it done better than I could -- I felt hinting at it wouldn't hurt. :pinkiesmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 28