I Hate Equestria Daily 641 members · 642 stories
Comments ( 31 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 31

Pretty much every fic in fimfiction will have that 1 guy ruin a perfect record with that one dislike.

Just for a little fun and practice and venting, whatever excuse you can think of.

What you imagine this hater being like? What does he look like? What are his hobbies? His political views? His interests? Why am I saying he (because sexist)? Favourite pony? His ponysona? His favourite genres?

Let's see who can come up with their best hater character.

My least favorite people are the ones that auto-dislike and shit on any mature/clop fic because their favorite pony is in it. Example: Luna fans in the early days of the fandom seeing a mature/clop fic and automatically spew their hater-rific shit all over the comments, while they masturbatorally push each other's opinions drowning out any REAL critiques.

Don't get me wrong I'm not a huge fan of dark stuff or clop (except the stuff with a real story not just smut). However, I don't go around looking for things that I know will piss me off, just so I can shit post on the comments.

End of rant.

i bet its discord reaching into our world.

....the ass. :ajbemused:

:3 I love everyone.

Eh, they are at best a necessary evil, at worst they are the people you want to strangle with an ascot.

I meant the ones who judge stories purely on their grammar performance.:twilightangry2:

Oh those people. Fuck them with a cactus dildo.

884323 He looks and acts just like anyone. People have different tastes. Get over it.

No, no we are aware of the subjectivity of good.

It's people like this:
The people who no matter what you do, no matter how well you write, no matter how much care and thought you put into a story they just shit on it because they can and offer no advice nor critique.

884489 All of those are subjective, but...I get the point. Anyway, he looks just like any one of us. Many of us have probably done it before. I know I have. I try not to, and haven't done it in a while, but... I'm not perfect.

Agreed. Thinking before posting, not my strongest suite either. But that's why we try to improve ourselves when we see that we have made a mistake. :twilightsmile:

It is Poultron. He hates everyone and everything and has attempted to steal Christmas on three non-consecutive years.

For those of you that originated in the fandom from the /b/ pony threads all those many internetz years ago...
It's Aeris' fault, it's always Aeris' fault.

Not so much 'the hater' but for me it's the one guy/gal who gives advice so ridiculous, so utterly at odds with what your fic is meant to be that you're left wondering what in the hell they've been smoking. :unsuresweetie: (One of these actually includes something from an EQD pre-reader)

I like to imagine them as people who order a fruit salad in a restaurant and make a complaint about it 'not being salty enough'. For dessert, they'll ask for an ice-cream sundae and moan about it being 'too cold', insisting that the kitchen staff warm it up in the microwave before serving it again. Once they get home they'll complain that 'keys make it too difficult to get indoors' and insist on removing all of the locks from their house, all the while shaking their head at these 'mistakes'.

speak for yourself. I never do that dick move.

works at a nursing home.

I do confirm alot of those people exist.

I've been thinking about the evil of auto dislike for awhile now... If knighty coded the site so that you can't rate anything until you've spent 1 minute inside a chapter page.

I think it'd be a vast improvement on this auto-hate problem, since that hater.

has the ability to just spam dislike in the current system.

It translates to "someone wrote about something I don't like".

Just move on and don't give a shit about the immature people. They'll learn they can't write eventually and leave the site.

there is always one. not everything is really 100 percent perfect that everyone is going to like, but then again there are people who just auto-dislike what you said. sometimes for no reason, other times for dumb reasons, other times for good reasons.

884980 I'm sure you've done it at least once, unless you're a total newfag.

nope. If I don't like a story I just comment and then leave.

I don't downvote unless the story really offends me. I think in all my time here, I've given maybe two or three downvotes.

I'll downvote if the fic is shittily written, even if the story itself being universally acclaimed. I've just got unfortunately high standards:twilightblush:

I downvote only if that story ABSOLUTELY sucks or offends. I leave the not so good alone. Sometimes, actually, I visit the front page and bomb it with likes until Fimfiction stops me. (Curse you update!)

It's me.

I'm sorry.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 31