All-OC Stories 2,264 members · 2,900 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21
Ezn
Group Admin

It's recently come to my attention that there's been some confusion about the purpose of this group and the stories that should belong to it. Folks have been making threads and PMing about whether or not their fics count, and I've received reports of fics being put into the group that don't really belong.

Let's clear up some of that confusion.

An "All-OC story" or Elsewhere Fic is a story about original characters in the world of Equestria. The plural is important – your fic needs to have multiple OCs in major roles and no canon character for protagonists.

- A story about a group of OCs going on a journey and meeting the mane six at one or two points is an all-OC story.
- A story about OCs going about their lives without ever seeing or meeting canon characters is an all-OC story
- A story about one OC hanging out with the mane six or the Princesses throughout its length is not an all-OC story.
- A story starring one or more of the mane six in (a) main role(s) and OCs in supporting roles is not an all-OC story.

Chances are, if your fic has a mane six tag, it doesn't belong in this group. Fics in the group can still feature appearances of the mane six or the princesses, but they should be just that – appearances. If any main character(s) feature(s) heavily in your fic from start to finish, it does not belong in this group.

Examples of all-OC stories
- Fallout: Equestria
- Antipodes
- Children of the Sun and Friends of the Dawn
- The Book of Friendship
- Beyond the Wall
- The Carnivore's Prayer
- My own Long Distance

Examples of stories featuring OCs that are not all-OC Stories
- The Logical Option (features a single OC hanging out with the mane six)
- Stuck in Equestria (features a single OC hanging out with the mane six)
- My own I Dream of Daisies (features a single OC hanging out with the mane six)
- Moonbeam (has Princess Luna as a protagonist)

Note that I have nothing against stories that aren't totally OC-focused. I just don't want them in this group, because that's not what I made it for, and having them here does a disservice to folks who use this group to find all-OC stories to read. You wouldn't want people posting Strawberry Shortcake in a pony thread...

I will be removing stories that do not fit in from the group. If you want to help, report any you see by sending me a PM.

Use this thread to ask whether or not your fic counts if you're still unsure.

Thank you.

That reminds me, I really should add my fic to this group.

And I should remove mine... My OC does a lot of interacting with canon characters. Sorry about that!

This might have an obvious answer, but I want to make sure.
So, the story I want to post here is a sequel to a story where Twilight is one of the main characters. However, the new story won't have her in it, or any of the other Mane Six for that matter. However, they will be dealing with a couple of ponies who lived in the past (like Starswirl the Bearded), but the story is mostly based on OCs. Is it good to post here?
I would post a link, but I need to finish writing the prequel first.

I really dont know if mine counts. As of right now, in its incomplete form, im pretty sure it still fits. But, for what I plan, a cannon character plays an important role for events and such. So I will just keep it in the group. As the story progresses, and I or someone else deems it unfit, it can be removed. Or you can go ahead and remove it now. Whatever works.

The fic I am working on focuses on all OCs, with occasional run-ins with canon characters. But one of the complexities of these characters is that they are the OCs of other people (used with permission) whom I consider friends. It adds an interesting way of writing out the personality of each character, and gives me a fun handful of elements that I cannot control, but merely have to work with and watch. I will withhold from submitting the story yet, though, since I want to at least get 2 more chapters done from where it is before doing much else with it.

Hmmmm... okay, let me try here. My fic contains a central cast of characters with four of said members having "main character" privileges (I.E., instances where the story is told through their point of view). Of this cast of characters I have two OC's (one of who is the 'hero'), a completely bastardized version of Starswirl the bearded (a mare quite literally from hell), and lastly Vinyl Scratch. The supporting cast consists of about three OC's, my take on the Dragon from Owl's Well that End Well, and the Flim Flam brothers. From there we have several OC villains.

To summarize; everyone important to the story is an OC except for Vinyl Scratch, the Flim Flam brothers, and Luna makes an appearance after the 200K word mark. Would this qualify as an All-OC story?

Just added this story here. It doesn't have canon charaters and doesn't take place in Equestria, but it features both humans and ponies. Please do tell if the story doesn't abide to the guidelines presented here, and I'll comply with its removal ASAP.

Hi well. I have these two stories. and the only characters are Caramel and my exes OC Ratchet (Hooves, Derpy's brother) and they're clopfics btw. I'm not sure whether I can put them here. Can I?

So my main character is my OC. The other protaganists are Celestia, Luna and my other OC. :T

My antagonists are Nightmare Moon, Discord and Chrysalis' super great grandmother who I dont have a name for yet.

I'm planning on making a spin off for my main character's sister, but I'm just asking if this would count as for an all OC story. >.<:pinkiehappy:

Uhhh... My head hurts. In my story, I have a good dozen OCs, original locations, and all kinds of other things of the like. However; Fluttershy is a main cast character while the others make apearences at key parts in the story... does this count? :rainbowhuh: I am seperated into 10-chapter Acts, and everypony appears at least once per Act... does my story belong here? Because like I said, the rest of the cast are OCs... SO CONFUSING! :raritydespair: I'm like in a cannon/OC limbo... :facehoof:

If my story has a main character who is an OC, but the pony he travels with is Zecora, would it still fit? (I plan to introduce more OCs as main characters at some point)

People seem to still be missing this.

413293 what if your fic has a mentioned canon character that never appears throughout the fic, but through his actions and lore about him, he heavily influences the plot of the story (albeit indirectly)

NOPE.avi

I have him canon but not interferring with the MLP storyline.

My story, A Gentle Breeze of Change, has mostly Original Characters (as humans) ending up getting Cutie Marks and then turning into ponies due to an old spell Discord cast on the ponies (he sent all the ponies to earth dimension with his Five Score, Divided by 4 Spell). The ponies lost their minds and memories, along with these new bodies of humans who are compatible with their pony selves. Eventually, on the 25th year of the humans' birthdays, they start to notice strange things and have dreams of the world of talking ponies, recalling their last moments before they were zapped to the earth dimension by Discord.

Eventually, the ponies unite under the guidance of the Mane 6 and eventually save Equestria and rescue Princess Celestia, Luna, and Cadence from their prisons.

Uh would a canon villain count?

413293 I was wondering if my story Tides of Time and Love would be allowed in. Celestia and Luna are in it but have minor roles over all.

It is Mostly centered around three OCs, as they search for a missing OC.

Mine is a more complicated case. You know how the two earliest points in a hero's journey is the call to adventure and meeting the mentor?

The mentor is an aged Flurry Heart.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21