Sparity 1,909 members · 1,022 stories
Comments ( 54 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 54
Path_of_cloud
Group Admin

The group is nearly 700 members strong, and, for a long while, I've wanted to have a little contest. Now seems the perfect times.

Very simply:

-the contest is a one-shot fic that is no less than 2000 words and has no maximum limit.

-Safe for Work and Not Safe For Work fics will be accepted.

-The story has to be a Sparity and only a Sparity (as far as Spike or Rarity shipping goes), so no harem fics. It does hurt me a bit to type that.

-Only fics placed in the contest folder by the author will be counted for the contest.

-The story has to be posted and written between now and and New Years Day. New Years Day, 1/1/2014, being the deadline.

-Stories will be judged lightly on readability, in other words, grammar, spelling, and not wanting to burn my eyes out with a hot poker. While not necessary, it is perfectly fine and suggested to have someone preread/edit your story ahead of time. The main point the story will be judged upon is entertainment value. How enjoyable was the story? If a comedy makes you a laugh, a sad story gets you right in the feels, a steamy romance makes you hot under the collar, they're going to score high.

That being said the length of a story does not necessarily improve it's odds, nor does the rating.

The judges are Pia-Chan, Arby Works, and myself.

At the moment, I have three prizes.

-a 2 character piece by Pia-Chan depicting a scene of choice from your fic*

-a 2 character piece by Arby Works depicting a scene of choice from your fic*

-a request writing from myself (I'm terrified, but I can't draw :trollestia:)*

If anyone wishes to donate something to sweeten the pot or if I happen to get three more things be they items, art or writing requests, or something else entirely I will split the NSFW and SFW into separate categories.

The winner gets first choice and so on and the top three fics will be featured on the groups front page.

Remember to have fun and flood the site with some new Sparity!

Feel free to ask any questions you have below.

*Each artist or writer is allowed to set certain limits as far as what they're willing to do. If you have something specific in mind, asking them is the way to go. This most likely relates to NSFW content, but not necessarily

Some sample artwork

Pia-Chan

Arby Works

You can find my stories on my account page.

Draconian Soul
Group Contributor

Does Rule 63 count? Or does it have to be vanilla Sparity. Either way, I'm game :pinkiehappy:

Path_of_cloud
Group Admin

Obviously the judges can't participate.

Path_of_cloud
Group Admin

2311876 I deem this acceptable!

Draconian Soul
Group Contributor

Sweet! Then prepare to lose, anyone else who dares to cross me :twilightangry2:!

In all seriousness, good luck, folks :twilightsmile:

You got yourself a deal.

Tatsurou
Group Contributor

I'm in. I've got a piece I've been planning that's Sparity. Should work well.

It's short...it's fun...the prizes seem worth it...
I'm so doing this. :rainbowdetermined2:

Can Nightmare Rarity be involved in this because I have an idea for that subject. :pinkiehappy:

Path_of_cloud
Group Admin

2312033 It is Rarity, so yes.

Oh... you've just awakened the purple dragon within me >:3

I WILL SHOW NO MERCY AND TOTALLY WIN THE PRIZE!!
Also, I may see what I can do in terms of a donation :3

Arby
Group Contributor

2311862 man 404.

and wy u gotta post tha—oh right, i only have nsfw sparity artwork

WELL IF ANYBODY WANTS TO SEE MORE~ my Deviant Art account~

No, dammit you write Sparities as your day job!

You'll be a tough one to pass, but I'll give it a shot.

2312309 If it makes you feel any better, I'mma challenge myself with a R63 humanized Sparity. Just for fun :3 and cause I wanna challenge myself.

Hell, since I know the judges (one of them quite well) I might be judged harder because of it.

Also, I know R63 is okay, but is humanized also okay?

Deal me in. I'll show you the strength of a humanized writer.

Draconian Soul
Group Contributor

There can only be room for one incredible Sparity writer. I'm gonna take you down town :rainbowdetermined2:....

To a fancy restaurant and exchange ideas so we can have a fair competition :rainbowkiss:

Arby
Group Contributor

2312309 i personally think you should be glad Path_of_Cloud and I aren't partaking :moustache:

Arby
Group Contributor

2312352 HMM WHO ARE YOU STRANGER WE HAVE NEVER MET BEFORE HOW ARE YOU? :pinkiecrazy:

Art thou challenging me to a write off of a most epic Sparity?!

If so I quit. T_T

Arby
Group Contributor

2312511 no no, I can't enter a fic. I'm a judge. :3

But I'll be glad to collaborate sometime~

I don't have any ideas bouncing around my head, but I'll see what I can cook up. I'd never miss a chance to ship Sparity.

-Lumino

I'd love to see one giant collab of all the great Sparity writers. I think we'd get a gem out of that.

Or a complete catastrophe.

2312473 lol, may the best pet I mean Sparity writer win! AND IT'S GONNA BE ME!!...:twilightangry2:

Or one of the other talented writers of Sparity such as yourself :twilightsmile:

Arby
Group Contributor

Shut the fuck up I'm in:twilightangry2:

2311862 Hmm... sounds interesting. I'll have to get in on this ASAP.

Path_of_cloud
Group Admin

2312279 You realize the link from the original post goes to your DA, right?

Arby
Group Contributor

2313218 OH IT DOES WELL OH WELL NOW DOUBLE THE LINK

Lots going on lately. I'll test my pen as well, or at least try to.

yey! will have a lot of sparity to read :3

Path_of_cloud
Group Admin

2318258 And a very impressive list of authors to boot.

I gotta be crazy...

Challenge accepted. Will see you all in the ring. May the best rabid shipper win. :rainbowdetermined2:

This sounds awesome! I hope I can find the time to join in. Looking forward to seeing the entries!

Good news is....I'm in. :rainbowdetermined2:

Bad news is I can only write to over 1,000.:raritycry:

Is that a challenge, m8?

Draconian Soul
Group Contributor

FUCKING SERIOUSLY BOB!

Can't you leave me be on one freaking contest? Why must you constantly torture me like this?! :raritydespair:

BECAUSE I SEE NO SANTA HAT! :flutterrage:

So, anyone started yet? I'm pretty hyped about getting beat competing against worthy adversaries in this skirmish of words and letters.

I might take a crack at this; it being my second favourite ship and all.

I might just give this a shot. I'm easily the most inexperienced author here, a rookie amongst veterans.
BUT I'MA EITHER WIN OR GO DOWN IN BRIGHT BLUE FLAMES!
That is...if I actually submit something in time...

Looks like I won't have time for this, after all. Probably for the best, seeing as I've gotten several panicked messages from other writers begging me not to enter. Apparently, I'm considered a worthy adversary or something. :raritywink:

I'm super psyched to see the entries, though! I will definitely write up a blog post to my followers advertising the winner's oneshot! I don't have nearly as many followers as many of the Bigger League writers here, but seeing as I won't be contributing a story or a prize to this contest, it's the least I can do.

Good luck to everyone! :moustache:

Path_of_cloud
Group Admin

2403710 That's actually pretty funny. minus the not being able to take part.

Onward!

Deadder
Group Contributor

Challenge accepted!

Hopefully. I just have to be productive enough.

I've finally finished mine!
...and it's 200 words short. :ajbemused:
Off to go add some words...more detail is better, especially with what I'm trying to pull off. :pinkiecrazy:

(It's a [Tragedy] [Dark] fic, total opposite of my original idea. :twilightsheepish:)

Good news is that I finally finish the story. Bad news is that it's a bit longer than the limit set.

IfI anyone could read it before the contest and see how to shorten it just a bit, I would be grateful.

It says in the rules that there is no maximum word count...it can be as long as you want. :raritywink: Just as long as it's over 2,000 words.

Done.

You'll see it in a few minutes...:duck:

Welp, got mine done like dinner. Now that I've seen the quality of the other pieces though, I'll be lucky if I even hit 5th place. :ajsleepy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 54