Twilight Sparkle 4,762 members · 12,328 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19
The Bricklayer
Group Admin

Okay, maybe this is just me being a paranoid neurotic mess as I sometimes can be, but after the last episode and it's characterization for Twilight in it some people are probably doing a complete 180 on their opinion of her, which wouldn't surprise me with some of the idiots in this fandom at times. Alicorn Twilight fiasco anyone? So this got me thinking, do you think there will ever be a episode which turns Twilight or any other character for that matter into a full on Scrappy? God, I sure hope not... Maybe I'm just being a worrywart.

Don't worry. Those people who said they began to hate Twilight after this episode are big fans of Trixie and are angry that Twilight didn't trust Trixie.

The Bricklayer
Group Admin

5210095 Ah, thanks. I can be such a worrywart. Why can't we love both charicters and not just be idiots about this?:facehoof:

Meh. The drama would have already started by now.

I think it is just people who are mad that Twilight didn't trust Trixie. Give it a couple of weeks and all of this will have calmed down.

The Bricklayer
Group Admin

5210156 Yeah, I suspect giving a couple weeks and it'll go the way of the Alicorn Twilight controversy. And as for those who just won't let it go well I'll just shake my head and pity them.

Don't worry, if the heat died down after Pinkie Pie's little incedent with Fluttershy, the Wedding, and Bats, Twilight will get over this. Most people are just jumping into attack mode because of her actions. Soon, there will be an eppie that will remind them of their love, or for the most part you are only seeing the people yell about it and are not seeing the people who are going "Ok, I can see that."

Now, you want to see real seething hatred, you should've been here when the Mare-Do-Well hit. If you listen closely you can still hear the flames from the burning of the hate fics. Trust me, there have been worst scenarios.

The worst that will happen will most likely be accusation fics and at least three fix fics.

The Bricklayer
Group Admin

5210188 Oh, trust me before I joined the site I saw plenty of fics from people who just can't let it go about the Mare-Do Well incident along with the Wedding. I'm rather tired of it to be honest.

Oh no, she had trouble trusting a character she had an antagonistic relationship with since the start, whoopee fuckin do. :ajbemused:

People argue 'she is the princess of friendship an thus should have trusted her completely', but she and all the other princesses are still ponies, and if you encountered a person who was kinda a jerk (twice) and then ran off into the wilderness, only to turn up a couple years later randomly and be all buddy buddy with someone you care for, I think you would be a bit suspicious until proven otherwise. At least Twilight had the grace to reconcile with Trixie by the end, rather than keeping a grudge forever like some people definitely would.

And it was shown Twilight was correct, at first at least. First Starlight was just a tool to get back at Twilight, but it was Starlight herself who ended up changing Trixie.

The Bricklayer
Group Admin

5210234 Yeah, Trixie did apologize in her own way after the Ailcorn Amulet but just took off after that giving Twi no real reason to see she'd reformed in any way.

Soon, there will be an eppie that will remind them of their love

I don't think so. The staff turnover has been such that few to none of the writers left are responsible for anything but episodes that treat her badly. I defy you to find a decent portrayal in Season 6 or the second half of Season 5 that's not a premiere or finale.

And that's assuming this is all a coincidence and not an active, conscious campaign.

Alicorn or not, Twilight is far from flawless, and that's a good thing in terms of storytelling. She's supposed to make mistakes and learn from them.

Personally, I think she was completely in character in that episode. Yes, she overreacted, but that's what Twilight Sparkle does when things don't go according to her plans.

5210308 I must agree. Had Twilight been happy and cheerful over Starlight befriending a former adversary of hers would have been out of character. Twilight still has some of that paranoia she had back in "Lesson Zero" in her and that is the way it needs to stay.

I put it this way if i had sombody who i have seen twice in my life the first time they pick on my friends, the second time they run me out of town and enslaved it then they turn up a third time they turn up with a new friend of mine and say hello in the most condescending tone ever with that sneer on her face i wouldnt trust them either

The Bricklayer
Group Admin

Thanks y'all. Those words were really reassuring. I suppose I should think of it this way, if Rainbow could do far worse in Tanks for the Memories and still have fans (And Twilight and co still have fans after Mare-Do-Well) it's pretty safe to say Twilight will still be popular. But yeesh, as Manaphy said in a blog post this fandom seems to run on drama doesn't it?:facehoof:

5212290 Every fandom does.

5212290 Some people run out of accumulated goodwill faster than others, that is true.

The Bricklayer
Group Admin

5212316 Yeah, I know but it seems to be worse then most here at times. Maybe I'm wrong. Despite all that, this place is still a great place to be.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19