Twilight is Best Pony 3,075 members · 6,401 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

Whenever I have seen the first Equestria Girls movie it just makes me want to ask something. How exactly does Twilight Sparkle get clothes on her after crossing through the portal into that special universe or dimension? She wasn't wearing any clothes when she was entering yet it appears on her body after being there. It really gets to me how such wound up on her body. My theory is that the clothing she wound up with was probably part of her subconscious mind sort of like in season 2 of Digimon Digital Monsters, which is known as Digimon Adventures Zero Two back in Japan, when the digidestined enter the digital world and the same would go for Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer when they are there. Other than that, I can't think of any other explanation. In reality, she should have appeared naked and had to look for clothes, but that can't happen because this is supposed to be a kids show, and human nudity isn't allowed in this. Then there is the part where she goes back and doesn't have the said clothing anymore as that was the case for Sunset and Starlight as well. If anyone has a different theory or claim to where the clothing comes from, feel free to post it here.

7700371 There are no clothes.

You see, Equestria Girls aren't humans. The beings evolved to not only have coats like ponies but to grow actual clothes. The cutie marks are the clue. If they were buying clothes, those clothes wouldn't just magically have their cutie marks on them.

Another proof is Sunset Shimmer, always 'wearing' her pantyhoses.

But she's not actually wearing them, she grows them like hair.

In short, when Twilight crossed the portal, her coat evolved into clothes.

It's part of the Modesty effect.

In Equestria, where most creatures don't wear clothes, it just hides their genitals and other bits from casual observation.
In the EqG world, where the standard is to wear clothes at all times in public, the effect adjusts to provide clothes on arrival.

First of all, I never considered Equestria Girls to be actual humans, because if they were, then they would have the same skin colors we have in real life. However, I do find your claim to be sort of farfetched. I do find it hard to imagine that their own coat can become clothing. As for Sunset Shimmer, in later specials she isn't wearing any pantyhose and we see her legs, so that doesn't seem to be the case. Also, I never got why Starlight Glimmer when she crossed the portal in Mirror Magic looked like a hipster for some reason by having ripped jeans and a beanie. The only thing I couldn't picture for Twilight Sparkle's clothes when she crossed was that she had leg warmers instead of socks, but that's probably because she doesn't have a major sense for fashion. Then again, I never got why Spike became a dog when Twilight took a human-like form, but I guess I wouldn't make sense for a dragon to take a human-like form, though some claim that it wasn't the case for the Dazzlings who might have been the very sirens that Star Swirl the Bearded banished, and the claim to that was that they knew about Equestrian magic when seeing the original battle from a diner that night.

It's one of those things I don't think much about because it was just too obvious Princess Twilight and Starlight were wearing clothes when they went through the portal because the show couldn't have them naked, even if there wasn't an in-universe reason why. It wasn't even handwaved.

But if I had to form a theory, it would be that the clothes a pony has on when they enter the EQG world are what they subconsciously think might look good on them, but it won't let them keep the clothes in Equestria, so similar to your theory. But even that wouldn't explain the other elephant in the room other than "it's because for magic lol"; why was Sci-Twi and the human Rainbow not wearing her clothes when they entered Equestria? It could be due to the portal magically adjusting for the species' usual customs (and ponies usually don't wear clothes, and would explain why Equestrian Spike wasn't wearing clothes in the EQG world) but even that is kinda stretching it. Then again, it's not like I can think of anything better than the real reason (the show can't have humans be naked) so...

7700383 As the seasons change, so do their clothing.

Fluttershy, for instance, grows a skintight bodysuit during the summer.

Yep, this checks out perfectly. Anytime we see a "costume change" within an episode is undoubtedly just a shave-and-dye job.

7700431 Indeed. But we rarely see that. It takes a long time before one grooms all its clothing.

This story explains a lot.

TNude Magic
The girls of Canterlot High come up with a rather unconventional plan to save Camp Everfree. It is a plan that requires them to take off their clothes.
Skywriter · 2.1k words  ·  549  15 · 8.6k views

I cannot recommend it highly enough. :moustache:

Theres only one reason. Its a kids show, in her reality the gods wont allow her to be naked. Their god is a good god. He is love. He is life. He is Shrek their lord and savior.

I actually do have a fetish for women in wetsuits, though it would have been nice to know what Fluttershy had under her wetsuit. I don't see why it couldn't have been, and I don't want to hear that it couldn't due to being a kids show. If that was the case, then we wouldn't have gotten Rarity, Sunset Shimmer, and even Trixie with bikinis along with Rainbow Dash and Applejack having midriffs. In other words, I don't see why we couldn't see what she had under her wetsuit unless she really had nothing under it. However, there is a claim that some women don't wear anything under them in the claim that makes them move better. Nonetheless, whatever image shows Fluttershy with her wetsuit half down is either fan made or some edit of an actual scene.

This transformation looks more realistic, because she doesn't have any clothing here.

7707354 Maybe the portal is just half the story.

There's a dressing room inside the portal where a pony can put on some clothes before transformation takes place.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13