Sunset's Isekai 262 members · 42 stories
Comments ( 33 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 33
Pennington Inkwell
Group Contributor

Let's say the Isekai turned up for you one day. What would you walk up and ask our favorite bartender for?

Cherry something or other

In all seriousness, I generally don't drink. So... I don't know, something probably infused with extra sugar and fruity stuff to hide the smell of alcohol.

Once we got that out of the way, it'd be time to order some obscure fictional drink just to satisfy my curiosity. Does Kanar actually taste like syrup, for instance?

-GM, master of Cinder.

Sex on the beach

"Can you drop me off somewhere other than where I came from?"

Also, a nice mixed drink, probs. Something I haven't tried before.

A tall glass of crisp coke with a scoop of vanilla and a cherry on top.

I've never really drank alcohol, usually I get a light beer. So I'd ask the bartender, "what would you recommend?"

Vanilla Dr. Pepper. It’s like normal doctor pepper, but spicy.

Her. I'd ask her out on a date.

Drink wise, probably the famous chocolate bacon alcoholic milkshake that I forget the name of.

Or maybe a Cookie (the drink).

A Beauty School Drop Out like I get from Fiiz. Either that or a fictional unalchaholic drink.

I'll follow 7358229's example and take advantage of the unique opportunity. I'll have a potion sampler. D&D, WoW, Rogue-likes, Pony Life... Just give me a row of shotglasses full of assorted magic and let me enjoy/endure/suffer the consequences.

(Of course, this assumes the menu will let me do something that stupid. It'll probably just say "Nice Try" and offer milkshakes.)

Gin & tonic

An Irish Carbomb to start the night, and then a sampler of shots from Starwars, Star Trek, Mass Effect, S.G-1 and other sci-fi places!

I normally don't drink alcohol... but dammit if I'm not gonna at least try a shot of Romulan Ale!

I'd be hard pressed to choose between a Romulan Ale, and a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster, followed by a cup of Klah.

I'd love to try some Asgardian mead 🍺

Probably some type of Hot Chocolate.

Supposedly, Klah tastes a lot like hot chocolate, if I recall correctly. Which is not surprising, I suppose, considering they are colonists, and would have transplanted a few things from Earth.

What would I have? Not really an alcohol type, but I'd certainly try samplers of some of the more exotic things. And maybe ask her help with a few things that have been weighing on me for years now.

Either a Vanilla soda or a glass of Nice Wine.

Definitely a soda and fries

I'm thinking a good old Margarita, or something with Honey. Though, I wouldn't refuse if there's some fries with ketchup.

Coffee just a lot of coffee

I don’t drink alcohol, but I would like to see her reaction to me asking for ‘a vergin Cuba Libra (Zero)’.

A rum and Coke, without the rum. And I would like the coke to be zero, please.

A coffee Awful Awful. (awful thick, awful good)
That is a frappe made at Newport Creamery restaurant. There used to be one in my hometown. Now, afaik, the only one left is the original in Rhode Island.

It is similar to a Fribble from Friendly's, but thicker from what I recall. Haven't had either in over a decade. (Friday's service so slow, no matter location. That is main reason people stopped going and why Friendly's is all but gone now.)

Assuming that, as 7358256 mentioned, anything with magical effects beyond what an ordinary good drink could produce just gets a "Nice Try" or the like, probably some sort of tea. What sort, though, I'm not sure. Could be interesting to see what the menu provides, tea or otherwise...

Shot of Whiskey.

Ouuuu I like that plan. I'm in.

Barring that self-destructive stupidity, I'd probably just ask the bar for a recommendation that I've never heard of before (and preferably something I'll never hear of again)

“Bottle of Scrumpy to the head, you say?”

https://m.
https://m.

hmmm Probably a sampler of non-alcoholic drinks of her recommendations. As well as a burger and fries. I would ALSO request a picture or two one for her to keep in the bar as per tradition and one for me to take

Wanderer D
Group Admin

7358227 I'd personally ask her to order some Curry from Restaurant to Another World, because if I'm already there, it would be a shame to not take advantage of that. Drink-wise? If I'm there as a special visit, only with her, I'd ask for some good whiskey to we could talk about stuff and sip. If it's a regular bar visit, it would depend on who's at the table with me.

As I remember it, klah was native, they couldn't get coffee to grow so they found something local instead. But I agree on trying it, and also those Benden wines Robinton loved so much.

Maybe a sip of scumble, just to see what it tastes like. More than that is inviting trouble unless you're a seasoned drinker. Which I am not.

I’ll try I’m guessing many varieties of scotch

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 33