Positive Ponies 3,473 members · 1,443 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21

I don't know where else to post about this (if there's a better place please tell me), but... a user by the name of Jay David, who wrote a lot of stories I enjoyed, and whose account was fully intact yesterday, has completely vanished. His account and all his stories are nonexistent. Does anyone know what the heck might have happened? This was also right after I helped a Reddit user find one of his stories.

23 KM To Nerdiness
Group Admin

It's weird.

I check the Users pages to greet newcomers and a few I greeted said their accounts were deleted.

Then, I noticed two of the people I followed (don't know who specifically) have vanished as well.

Also, we had 3,333 members in this group, and now we have 3,305.

bot accounts maybe?
i dunno anymore

You know the same thing seems to have happened with Timothy1509. It’s weird.

That’s weird. I followed Jay David as well, why would he up and delete his account like that without giving us a warning first?

Do you think there is a hack going on?

Now that I see that more users are gone, not just Jay... possibly.

This is troublesome.

I fear, he might of just deleted it. It's happened before. Some users simply leave without warning.

Of course, I could be wrong.

I dont know the inner workings here. But I am guessing system related things. Like possible bot sweep and they were included, not enough activity, just my thoughts on the matter. Save your works and info just in case.

I remember a while back Jay made a post about deleting his account stories and all but after receiving feedback he came to the conclusion that with some many people having such strong affection for some of his stories he'd leave his stories and account up but I've heard nothing in regards to it since but if other users also disappeared I'd say safe bet it wasn't Jay deleting it.

It's possible he deleted everything. It is an option. An extreme one, but it is there. No idea why he would though. I loved his stuff.

Did he change his account name? He's done that before, and while that shouldn't break anything (because everything should be joined by an unchanging ID rather than the name), it's certainly a possibility.

If he's not back in a day or so, that would point towards a deletion.

Well, a while back, he announced that he was unhappy with his stories and was going to delete them, but a bunch of users managed to talk him out of it. I guess he finally decided to go through with it. Luckily for me, I downloaded my favorites of his stories back when he made the announcement.

I've noticed a few other authors and stories gone too.

Never heard of him.

Dude, I remember reading one of his stories. I think it was one where Twilight goes into the Everfree Forest with Nightmare and the latter talks to her about something. But man, I can't believe we lost another author on this site!

This makes me worried about the future of the site. It feels like we've been losing some of the most notable authors on here. God, I hope G5 pulls something up its sleeves to bring in more people on here. :raritydespair::ajsleepy:

That's some sad news, and very worrying. I enjoyed Jay's fics, especially his Equestria Girls fics continuation and one in wich a pony tries to be the next threat of Equestria, and finding out he possibly deleted his account saddens me.

We must do something about it. Do something to motivate popular and promising writers of the site and make them know their works are appreciated.

I wish that I knew what happened. I have mixed opinions regarding his works, but I enjoyed many of them, and I think it's a shame that he's gone.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21