No Author Left Unnoticed! 248 members · 2,542 stories
Comments ( 29 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 29
Ninjadeadbeard
Group Admin

Greetings Competitors! Today* Whenever you read this is the official start of No Author Left Behind’s first writing competition! Below you will find a quote to guide you in your quest to crush your foes and bend the written word to your dark whims. Be sure, once you have completed your story, to publish it to the COMPETITION folder. A final reminder that the Deadline is in One Week (12:01am October 4).

And, without further ado, may the pen be ever in your favor!

Prompt:
“Sleep doesn't help if it's your soul that's tired.”

*Timing issues force me to post early, whoops! :rainbowwild:

I could definitely do something with this. Thanks. Count me in.

I don’t really know if I can even follow a prompt I just write what comes to mind

7003167 As with all competitions on this site, I'll promote yours on my profile in an attempt to get you more contenders. Good luck!

Is it too late to join, I have the least original idea ever

Ninjadeadbeard
Group Admin

Unless it’s 12:02 AM on October 4, you can join at any time.

*stares at name*

It’s changelings, isn’t it? :rainbowlaugh:

No, and I came up with the name before I knew about thorax

I'll see what I can come up with.

Are we allowed to apply an accent to the prompt?

Applejack: "Sleep don't help none if it's your soul that's tired, Sugarcube."

Toriandthehorse
Group Admin

Yes - If you include the prompt in some dialogue, it's still the same prompt, just with a different pony speaking.

In my example, if you were to search for the prompt verbatim, you wouldn't find it because a word or two was changed to voice the character.

Ninjadeadbeard
Group Admin

The prompt is as much a theme as it is a direct quotation. As long as you can argue in one way or another that the prompt has been satisfied, I’d say you’re good to go.

7003167 Okay...what does the prompt mean? :rainbowhuh:

Ninjadeadbeard
Group Admin

What do you think it means? :pinkiehappy:

I've got my story ready but the competition folder lacks an add story option. I've seen that before on newly created folders, does it need an unlock?

Toriandthehorse
Group Admin

Hey there! Wow, you got that done fast. The folder is not locked; there just haven't been any stories added.
If your story has already been published to FimFiction, then go to the homepage, and look farther down. You will see the *Groups+* button. If you hit that, and find this group, then just pick the folder you would like it in. That should work.
Can't wait to read the story! :twilightsmile:

7004772 I think...it means no matter how much rest you get, your soul remains active...I guess?

Ninjadeadbeard
Group Admin

Perhaps... yet perhaps not. It sort of depends on each author, wouldn't you say? :raritywink:

7004914 I see, it's how one interprets it, right?

Ninjadeadbeard
Group Admin

Got it in one. Good luck with your entry! :pinkiehappy:

“Sleep doesn't help if it's your soul that's tired.”

Something, something Luna noises

I might try giving this a shot. I like the prompt.

gah, this soundd like an experience prompt. I'm too young for this.

No need to worry about real-life experience, my friend. Just recognize what the prompt makes you feel and put that into words. It's a theme, and themes are what you make them. Good luck.

Ninjadeadbeard
Group Admin

Pacific Standard.

I can't wait for my story canon to be broken by the series finale. I'm not watching the finale early though just to boost the story.

Apparently I'm in on this too! The story will be up in a few minutes.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 29