Reverse Gender Role Equestria (RGRE) 2,138 members · 288 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21

Humans can travel to and from Equestria , and are in process of implementing human technology (Internet, Cell Towers, etc.). Small town ponies seem to feel human technology is blasphemous or untrustworthy. A human who came to Equestria now effectively avoids all contact with ponies unless necessary due to hostile treatment. Meanwhile, an artist mare has been kicked out of her Herd and left homeless in the rain, covered in mud with a bloody nose. The human happens to see her and allows her to stay the night in his house out of pity, but she misunderstands and thinks he is asking her to be the lead mare in his herd.

This actually sounds really cool. If anyone knows what it is, please tag me in the reply too.

Honestly have no idea I think it might’ve been deleted

I remeber it being a well written story with good characters, but told in a strange format. The chapters alternate between the two main characters meeting and the mare taking care of the human who is terribly ill a few weeks or months down the line. Usually that kind of format is to provide mystery or a twist, but it seems like the author did it just because they thought it was cool.

Do you remember what site you read it on and when? Not an exact date, just a general measurement

I believe it was on Fimfiction, but it may not be anymore.
It was a few years ago, maybe three?

Do you remember any tags it had?

I don't recall any tags.
It most likely was deleted, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Nothing ventured nothing gained.
Perhaps it still exists out there somewhere.
I think it may have been called Misunderstanding or Misconception, something along those lines.

Tag me if you find it as well

i want to read it too if its found

This is hitting so many familiar notes that it’s not funny. Anyway, some ways to help narrow it down: date published and word count. Give a year that you’re certain it was published before, a conservative minimum word count, and a rather liberal maximum word count. Are there any tags you know it did or didn’t have? All that combined should narrow the field to something that can be manually searched through, if need be.

I remember this one, too; wireless networking was being installed in Ponyville but the technology had to be disguised for cultural reasons. The story was to do with a man and and Earth Pony artist, but the two kept having communication problems, and she grew despondent because the human wasn't acting how she expected; and he was furious that she'd just 'moved in' with him whilst she thought she would be his lead mare? Damn, it's so familiar...!!! Was the Cover Art a pony silhouette?

Here, think I found it.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/109314/context

I remembered it from the Gentleman's Universe. I thought I had it bookmarked.

Goddammit. Of course it had to be dead... Thanks, bro.

That's it! Thank you very much!
Edit: I was looking for this story because I've been reading Boundary Point and it reminded me of the setting and writing. They're written by the same author, of course they're similar!
Also, the story is a lot older than I thought it was.
Thank you everyone who tried to find this story with my vague recollections.
Also, give it a look! I know I'm gonna re-read it tonight.

Dammit, I know this. Give me A minute to find it.

Its called misunderstandings or something. Ive got it here somewhere.!

Monk

Found it!

It was in my HIE folder #9

Taking Place in the Gentlemenverse, a young mare who lives in Trottington, near the outskirts of the Equestrian nation, finds herself without a home when a wandering human makes the offer that she can stay at his home for a few days. However, when the human's wording and basic hospitality are perceived with pony eyes, he has made a offer that the mare can't refuse.

Please note: Side B chapters may be published far after the chapter their attached to publish date, and any updates you see might be within the hidden chapters that might show up.

The story is Context by KingofLasers Its sadly incomplete.

Context

The Monk

>Canceled
Oof, sounded like something I'd enjoy reading, but not if it's unfinished.

Bingo. I remember this from wayyyy back.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21