Amateur Artists Unite! 417 members · 81 stories
Comments ( 38 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 38
PonySlayer
Group Admin

Here are some tutorials that can show you the steps of drawing a basic pony.
More tutorials will be posted for different styles, hair, and everything of the sort.

Thanks.. it's really useful.:twilightsheepish:

Can you teach us how to draw clop? :pinkiehappy:

PonySlayer
Group Admin

I don't think I'm allowed to post clop... maybe the basic outlined but no NSFW content.

2696824 ooh, these'll be helpful!

The Sexy Assistant
Group Admin

2696831 If you make a SFW thread inquiring about the illustration of clop and then follow that up with PM conversing with a potential tutor... That would be acceptable. :raritywink:

Conicer
Group Contributor

... Well, that's a certainly question I'm willing to answer. :ajsmug: Observe!

PonySlayer
Group Admin

Best clop ever! :rainbowlaugh:

it would help if I knew how to draw mane correctly.

PonySlayer
Group Admin

If you want I can draw a couple of main styles for you after dinner.

Ok...I already had dinner :rainbowlaugh: Bad joke but that would be helpful.

PonySlayer
Group Admin

I'll get back to you in an hour or so... 2 max... maybe 3

How long does dinner take for you?

PonySlayer
Group Admin

I have to get food, make dinner and eat it

PonySlayer
Group Admin

Here are some mane styles. I hope it helps.

Sweet, now I can try to do some drawing.... with style!

PonySlayer
Group Admin

you should look at the "how to draw" thread I posted :twilightsmile:

The Sexy Assistant
Group Admin

2703109 So cool. I love the one middle, bottom. So hawt. :rainbowwild:

PonySlayer
Group Admin

hehe :rainbowlaugh: glad you like them.

The Sexy Assistant
Group Admin

2700602 *Salivates* You're too good.

Just a quick reminder here, when linking from other art sites, make sure to write in the post where you got the art, and provide a link to the artist's user page. Otherwise it may come across as stealing.

For mane styles, think of picking up a hair style magazine. I bought one three years ago with over a hundred well photographed pictures from all angles and I still use that for reference.:raritystarry:

I was doing it wrong the whole time! :raritydespair:

2696824 Thanks! Time to draw some more ponies!(I drew the pegasus, which was actually my first try at drawing ponies. It worked out surprisingly well.)

PonySlayer
Group Admin

May I see?

As I was asking myself 'How the shit do I draw the body?:flutterrage:'

I love how all of this is so you can draw on a comp when I draw traditional. I'm too broke to afford a good art pad. XD

PonySlayer
Group Admin

I have a janky art pad :ajsleepy: I saved for months to get this one... its just for me to practice till I get a better one.

2703109 I can never think of good original mane styles so this is rly helpful! :pinkiesmile:

PonySlayer
Group Admin

Thats why we are here. :twilightsmile: We love to help.

Can I have a picture of tail styles like you gave me mane styles?

PonySlayer
Group Admin

i would have to find the tutorial. i didn't draw them.

It’s nice...

Buuuut my art style is still trash, even if I try to start the pony-drawing process, so I think I’m sticking to Inkscape. For a long time maybe. :twilightsheepish:

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Well, there's nothing wrong with vectoring. I always found Inkscape difficult to use. The vectoring equivalent of Photoshop is Adobe Illustrator, but I don't really like the idea of paying Adobe money every month. The vectoring program I did end up liking was Affinity Designer, with was $49, but seemed a lot easier to use.

Of course, some paint programs have vector layers. Both Paint Tool Sai and Clip Studio Paint do. Then you can use vectoring for the actual line art and such, though you won't be able to export to an svg.

Of course, if you're having trouble with the actual drawing part, first off, a secret art technique:
Put down a white layer, then make a new layer on top. Draw something badly. Don't worry about how bad it is. Lower the opacity down to the point where you can barely see it. Then make another layer, and draw over what you drew before, only trying to improve on it. Keep doing this, and gradually hide older layers until you have something that looks better.

Practice never hurts, either. On a blank page, draw a bunch of parallel lines. Practice drawing squares, circles, and triangles. You could experiment with how you are holding the pencil/pen/etc, too. Then start drawing cubes, spheres, and cones. Try shading some of them. You can make anything from cubes, spheres, and cones...

Also, just to mention, layers are your friends. I often like to do new layers for everything, because i you mess up, you only messed up on your current layer... :unsuresweetie:

--Sweetie Belle

I honestly found Inkscape hard to use when I first tried it, but now I’m used to it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 38