The Monthly Contest Club 335 members · 51 stories
Comments ( 96 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 96

Hello every pony it's nice to meet all of you those I haven't met already or know of my stories. I decided I'd host a little contest and yes there will be prizes. Yay! But first the theme...

The theme is probably what you expect. A holiday story and it doesn't have to necessarily be Christmas as I'm not biased and welcome all things and that way you can be more creative with it. I am going to ask that GORE as a genre be kept out of this as these stories are supposed to be cheerful and have the feel good feeling. Now before you think you can just put Any Ponies together here is the challenging part, I have a list that I use for tabletop of ponies and if you enter I will randomly select two ponies and your Christmas must be about those two ponies! Entries must be at least 1,000 words long and no longer than hmm 6,000 as I will need to judge them and that will take them. I'm willing to ask for help with judging if anyone is interested in that message me.

PRIZES!
1st Place: A drawing of their Oc pony traditionally drawn by me.
2nd Place: A 1,000 word one shot of your favorite pairing.
3rd Place: A chibi drawing of your Oc.

Honorable mention: I will randomly favorite my favorite story of yours and leave a comment about it.

If you have anything to suggest for added prizes or just any questions feel free to ask. This starts December 1st and ends December 31st. Winners will be announced mid January.

JUDGES: Me (Obviously)
Absolute Zero. https://www.fimfiction.net/user/312241/AbsoluteZero

JackRipper

Ehhhh... maybe? :twilightsheepish:

I'll give it a whirl.

I kinda want to try this

SPark
Group Admin

What the hay. I can't enter the other one since I'm judging, but I'll toss my hat in the ring for this one.

6198718 As with all the contests on this site, I'll promote this one on my user page in an attempt to get you more contenders. Good luck!

Scootaloo and Silver Spoon
Have fun!

I SHIP IT (well... adult then anyway)

Bulk Biceps and Sunset Shimmer
If you decide to enter here's the pairing that was generated just for you!

Cheese Sandwich and Thorax
Of all the odd ones lolz Good luck and have fun!

Celestia and Sombra

Good luck and have fun!

Ahuizotl and Zecora
Good luck and have fun!

6198718 Okay, if you could give me some ponies, I should be able to get around to this one.

Glida and Rara

Good luck and have fun!

Rara as in Coloratura?

Yep I just call her Rara easier to remember. xD

6198874 Cool. Some people still call Rarity that, was all.

Ah alright but yes

Hmmm might try this while I wait for replies from my editor and prereaders next month. Give me some pair and will see what I can do. ^.^ these kinds of things are fun to do. :pinkiehappy:

Ooh, I definitely want to try this one

Hit me! (with your best shot)

I'll see what I can do :)

SPark
Group Admin

Wow, I've got nothing.

WELP I JUST GOT ONE OF MY OTPS!

Ms.Cake and Tirek
I just don't know what to say to this best of luck!

Granny Smith and Starlight Glimmer

Featherweight and Flurry Heart

I believe in you! <3

Wow, now that is an interesting pair! :rainbowlaugh: I think I have an idea actually... :pinkiecrazy: just going to need to rewatch episodes with them in it to get characterization find well.

Just thinking about it after rolling it I was like "I'm so glad I didn't get that" then I was like wait a second. lolz. I am excited to see what you do with it though.

Update: Absolute Zero is going to help with the judging so please welcome him!

Me too! hehe almost want to just write it out now, but have other writings to get done first. (Besides, then I would want to post it right away, and since the contest doesn't start officially until December...) Hopefully it will be awesome! :rainbowdetermined2:

Welcome Absolute Zero! Glad to see another smiling face willing to help out. ^.^

Also Question, other ponies/creatures can be in it too right? Long as the two ponies/creatures picked above are the main characters? (Probably an obvious answer, but silly me is already starting to plan her story out and so is curious.)

Yes you can use as many ponies as you want as long as the ones randomized are the main focus of the story. xD

Hehe okay just wanted to clarify thanks! :twilightsheepish: Got a fun idea for it hehe will be hard waiting to write it! (Especially since with my story I am working on right now it is at a sad/depressing time.)

I would like to enter :pinkiehappy:

Bonbon and Moondancer

Good luck!

CONTEST HAS OFFICIALLY STARTED
Last chance Reroll: If you can't think of ANYTHING for your fic I will reroll your pairing but this offer is only Available until December 6th. So hurry and tell me!

Woot Woot! Going to start this tomorrow. (Kind of lost this thread and took me awhile to find it. :facehoof: Wanted to make sure I found it again before writing.)

If you want a reroll if you can't think of something to write tell me before by December 6th.

SPark
Group Admin

Yeah, honestly I think I am pretty stuck on this one. So... reroll, please.

Original Character and Gilda
Hopefully this one is better for you. xD.

6198718 So I guess I have a few questions.

1. I assume we are supposed to write a story for this contest. If so is there a word limit?
2. Does it have to be a winter holiday, like if I wanted to write a story about some characters during Halloween (or Nightmare Night) would that be allowed?

Yes the word limit was posted at the beginning it's to be between 1,000 to 5,000 words. As I will need time to read all of them.
And if you wanted to do two holidays like in the nightmare before christmas that would be fine but there needs to be some mention of a holiday around this time of year like Hallukah (spelling this wrong I know.) or Christmas. (Hearth's warming)

The theme is probably what you expect. A holiday story and it doesn't have to necessarily be Christmas as I'm not biased and welcome all things and that way you can be more creative with it. I am going to ask that GORE as a genre be kept out of this as these stories are supposed to be cheerful and have the feel good feeling. Now before you think you can just put Any Ponies together here is the challenging part, I have a list that I use for tabletop of ponies and if you enter I will randomly select two ponies and your Christmas must be about those two ponies! Entries must be at least 1,000 words long and no longer than hmm 6,000 as I will need to judge them and that will take them. I'm willing to ask for help with judging if anyone is interested in that message me.

6229868 Okay, I guess I must have glazed over the word count somehow (my bad :twilightsheepish:). I'll see what I can do.

Now just to clarify, since I am seeing a lot of pairing with canon characters, OCs are allowed. Yes?

6229870 I guess I can do random, however it should be noted that if this is supposed to be a romantic pairing, the OC I had intended to use is female, and when it comes to writing romance, I have certain beliefs that say I can only write romantic relationships between heterosexual individuals (I apologize if that is offensive, I didn't mean for it to be that way).

So if it is OC and a random stallion I can make that work. :pinkiehappy:

If you are willing to do that, then count me in. I will see what I can do. :pinkiesmile:

Original character is ALLOWED IF I roll you one of the two oc slots on my 100 pony list. It's rare but as you see Spark got an Oc slot.

6229893 Well, I guess you can give it a whirl, if it something I can get behind (like I stated in one of my previous posts) I will see what I can do. :raritywink:

If not, then I won't take up any more of your time. :ajsleepy:

I will roll you a pairing but I make no guarantees what it will be.
Trixie and Flithy Rich.
Well the dice are with you on this day my friend. Good luck!

6229902 It would seem that Trixie is a home wrecker. lol. :rainbowlaugh:

No, not necessarily, from what I have read up on Filthy Rich and his wife, he certainly could do better (his current wife comes across as a jerk in the show).

I will see what I can do, it might get a little crazy. :trixieshiftright:

EDIT:

I've already started the story and I'm having a lot of fun with it. :pinkiehappy::yay:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 96