Anti-Depression Ponies 1,885 members · 2,414 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

Not entirely sure I'm sane, but FiM's doing a good job of keeping me balanced when everything else drags me down into the mire.

I like books. And Netflix.

Riffing, you guys, watching reviewers

4512179 music plays a strong role in that.

Happy keeps me happy and insane.

4512179 MLP, my Steam games, Let's Play videos, Derpibooru and treadmill exercise. And a glass of warm milk. :twilightsmile:

Wait, you mean you want to be sane? I'm perfectly happy being a raving lunatic weirdo.

4512179 My answer is the same response as in the other group

This-

-makes my life complete.

DH7

Immediate family members. Without their love, support, and their company, my quality of life wouldn't be a fraction of what it is.

Otherwise, I would have to say that I'm always aware of my mental well-being, and concerned with what I can do to improve my mood. I have hobbies, naturally, but I find that small things like making myself a cup of coffee before sitting down with an anime, or getting up and doing the dishes first thing in the morning, can really effect how the rest of my day goes.

Even for someone who doesn't suffer from clinical depression, daily happiness can be boiled down to understanding that a lot of it is brain chemicals, and different things will effect that.

As much as I like posting on the forums, if I did that and nothing else, I'd find myself feeling shittier and shittier. Sometimes just making it a goal to spend time on this other hobby can be more exciting than continuing with the same 'addiction' throughout the week. For instance, I've been meaning to get more acquainted with Studio Ghibli, because I know a guy on another forum that's been trying to get me into them.

So, while I would normally wake up and waste time farting around on the computer during the hours before I have to work a night-shift, I, instead, immediately get started making myself some eggs and coffee before sitting down to one of these films. I know it sounds silly to make such a big deal about breakfast, but I'm just that much of a procrastinator. I can easily find myself not having the time to watch the film, not having time to do a few chores before work, and having to grab convenience store food on the way out to being late for work.

When i make a 'date' of something that i want to do, and when I manage to act upon the routine that I plan on acting upon, then I end up going to work feeling better about how I spent the day.

4512179 Ponies, chocolate, and this girl right here.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16