The Writeoff Association 937 members · 681 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
Chris
Group Contributor
Chris #1 · Jul 1st, 2015 · · ·

SO GUYS. I was over in the Just Over the Horizon discussion thread because I was trying to find an old comment on my entry, when I noticed something. What do all these comments on Devas' In Front of You have in common?

(Soge) Steven Magnet is a Sea Serpent. How can he get inside the Spa anyway?

(Silent Strider) Can Steven Magnet shrink?

(fanofmosteverything) How did Steven Magnet fit in the spa? One of his scales is nearly as big as a pony. There is only so much TARDIS-like dimensional stretching I can accept before my suspension of disbelief is strained beyond repair. I don't want to get hung up on one detail, but it's a sea-serpent-sized detail.

(TitaniumDragon) [A]nd frankly, him going to the spa seems… utterly unbelievable given that he is probably about the size of the spa.

(PresentPerfect) I’m kind of confused as to how Steven Magnet would fit in the spa, though. I mean, he’s kinda big.

Now, I realize that that contest was about a year ago, but in light of a certain recent episode...

...I think you guys owe Devas an apology.

Oh, and just for the record:

(Chris) [A]m I the only one who had absolutely no problem with Steven at the spa? I could just picture him, body curling out the windows as he wraps around the building, soaking one single curve of his bulk in the tub as he snakes his head through the front door so he can talk to the pony soaking "next" to him." You know that's exactly how it would go!

Okay, I got a few details wrong, but it’s pretty clear I’m not the one who needs to be apologizing, here. C'mon everyone, get with the program, and learn to predict canon better!

Soge
Group Contributor

I almost never take part in the write-off, review even fewer entries when I do... and I am still on this list.

Yeah, I think that is a sign that an "I'm sorry" is in order. I mean, that didn't even bother me in the episode...

libertydude
Group Contributor

They dared doubt the Magnet?!

ONE MILLION YEARS DUNGEON!

journcy
Group Contributor

Honest to God Celestia I'm pretty sure it never once occurred to me that it makes no sense that he fits in there.
Or maybe it did on first viewing but subsequent viewings have erased that observation from my mind.
In any case, that's hilarious.

M1Garand8
Group Contributor

Vindicated By History. <3

FanOfMostEverything
Group Contributor

Well, I stand corrected. I should've never doubted the ingenuity of a serpent in need of a hot tub. Devas, you have my apologies.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer
Group Admin

I don't remember this, so obviously it never happened. :V

Trick Question
Group Contributor

Steven is lanky. He can fit in pretty much anywhere.

Even if not, there are lots of open holes in the spa walls thanks to that one masseuse.

horizon
Group Admin

I'm so tempted to go back and ninja-edit my review so that it complains about how unrealistic it is that Ponyville has a spa. :trollestia:

But while Chris has a very good point w.r.t. the need for reviewing humility, and giving odd premises/headcanons in stories the benefit of the doubt … it's also a good reminder in the other direction, for authors to take reviews with a grain of salt. Readers can get hung up on the oddest things, and undermining/reworking a key idea in your story just to satisfy readers isn't always the right choice.

Titanium Dragon
Group Contributor

Devas clearly is secretly MA Larson, and put Steven Magnet in the spa in that episode just to mess with us.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10