Human in Equestria 16,827 members · 16,985 stories
Comments ( 25 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 25
Banchoking
Group Admin

The premise.

An alternate reality where Discord escaped several times more before his reformation episode. During this time, he realizes he will never be able to teach the ponies how necessary chaos is to the world. So he sets out to find a replacement so he can retire as the spirit of chaos and who better that a person from a world where the laws of physics are completely different and the whole world is one big Everfree?

This will be the story of a human with Discord's powers trying and failing to teach ponies that chaos is not just another word for evil and his slow dissent from a kind and generous man into hating these beings that want to micromanage everything about their world, regardless of how much harm it does.

Sounds pretty cool.

EdBoii
Group Contributor

Been done before. Do it anyway. It's a cool premise.

It's been done before but not (so far as I've seen) exceptionally well. The premise holds promise, at least. Worth the time if you really want to try your hand at it, at any rate.

Not bad. Not bad at all. Although..is Discord representing DISCORD or CHAOS? As in disharmony or chaos? Because disharmony isn't chaos...nor is harmony always good. Kinda funny that way.

Banchoking
Group Admin

Thanks.

He represents chaos as a concept, as in change, unpredictability, and free will but he's been dealing with the ponies so long that he's become a sadistic asshole, so he chose to be discordant.

2441065 I would read this. :twilightsmile:

2441065 You got my intrest, PM when the first chapter done

This story... I would read it. Maybe then the ponies would learn that there is more to life than serving the princesses as complacent drones.

Banchoking
Group Admin

You have no idea how much I agree with you.

I mean at least the changelings are progressive, they at least try to expand and better their society. This actually going to be the focus of one of my stories, where the ponies find out that Equestria isn't the center of the universe and that sh*t happens in other places even if you don't know about it.

Sounds awesome! Write it down fine fellow/lady!

2441065 Im really into this idea.

2441116 And whats wrong with being complacent to the Princess? :pinkiecrazy:

Technically speaking; Everything and Everyone is the center of the universe.

2441065 im intrigued by this plot. i would read it

Banchoking
Group Admin

Alright, since this idea is so well liked, I'll write it. And here's a sneak peak for when our dear hero starts losing it.

"Listen you two, you can't just move the sun and moon in different directions for a holiday. Do you have any idea what that would do to the tides? Massive tidal waves, countless homes and natural habitats washed away! You can't just go against nature like that."

Celestia scoffed, "And who are you to decide what is 'natural,' hmmm? This is how it has always been."

He rubbed the bridge of his nose and let out a few chuckles of frustration, "It can't have always been that way, you're only a thousand years old! Who moved the sun and moon before that?"

Celestia smiled, "A team of unicorns."

"And before that!!!" he growled.

"Nothing,"

His eye twitched and his chuckle had become a slightly deranged giggle, "Now, let me see if I understand this. The universities, which YOU personally fund, have PROVEN that ponies evolved from NON-MAGICAL equines, and you STILL THINK THAT UNICORNS HAVE ALWAYS MOVED THE FUCKING SUN AND MOON?!!!!!!!!"

Celestia shrugged, "Our ancestors would have figured something out, the idea of the celestial bodies moving of their own accord is demented," she covered her mouth with her gold-slippered hoof as she snickered, "Come Luna, it almost sunset."

With that the Alicorns walked out, heads held high as though they had proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that he was a fool. His eye stopped twitching and a blood vessel ruptured. The human took a deep, slow breath to calm himself...... "I'm gonna turn her horn into a rabid skinless weasel," he moved to snap his fingers but was stopped by a paw on his wrist.

"Now, now, we can't have that. The first rule of being a spirit of chaos is 'First do no intentional harm,' discord admonished. The neon halo over his head flickered off and he glared at the prop, smacking it until it turned on. "Well, technically the first rule is 'No glove no love' but, looking like this, that doesn't come up much. So, rule number two, 'First do no harm.'"

"But, she's just so irritating!" he cried.

Discord pulled out a bottle that had a crossed out 'white-out' label and was marked 'eye drops' in crayon and poured it into the young man's red eye, returning it to normal, "Yes, I know and it only gets worse from here on out, believe me."

He blinked several times to get the liquid out of his eye, "How do you deal with these idiots?"

Discord grinned and his still present halo briefly flickered red, "Oh, you learn to appreciate the small perks of the job, finer details." The former spirit of chaos laughed a bit before fading away out of site again.

"The finer details...." the human pondered to himself. Suddenly, he smiled contently, "Well I certainly don't intend Celestia any harm by giving her a makeover, right?" he rubbed his hands together.

Suddenly, from far off, he heard a shrill scream. He scratched his chin, "I can't remember, does lipstick have four or five pounds of bat guano? Oh well, too late now. I hope she appreciates the new look, she'll be stuck with it for a while."

Exactly! And that sounds like an excellent story idea.

I like it.:pinkiehappy:

Just don't fuck up a good idea with bad execution. Or I'll cut you. :pinkiecrazy:

2441404 I been trying to make my Discord similar into this. That's actually pretty cool. Let us know when you got it up and running

Banchoking
Group Admin

Thanks. :pinkiehappy:

Glad you like it! I will. Your Discord was actually part of the inspiration for this.

2441065 Read the Principia Discordia (there are multiple versions, so no links from me) before continuing. Hail Eris. It'll give you an insight into Chaos versus Order.

It sounds pretty interesting, can I suggest Trevor from GTA V?

No. Just no.

I'd read it. If I were to suggest any character for a crossover type thing, it'd be Soma Cruz from Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, but not too many people know him, so it's not paramount.

I could stand Trevor when I played through. I even found the stupid little man amusing. Very amusing. But I would never, never, never, fuck not ever, bring him and ponies up in the same sentence without an "OH DEAR GOD PLEASE NO" in between them.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 25