Human in Equestria 16,837 members · 16,992 stories
Comments ( 50 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 50

'Yes, twilight, I'm getting sick. Human males need a certain amount of animal protein in their diet, and this rapidly degrades so can't be stored and has to be gotten directly from the source. Do you have any friends that are lactating?'

4332816 I must now have someone write a fic of this.

4332816 So I take it cow's milk is no longer cannon in this?

A griffon chief would help with that. Or a griffon shop.

4332879 Err - yes - this was an intentional response to the silly 'needs animal protein' that crops up occasionally, taking it in an unexpectedly perverted direction.

I'm quite aware of vegetarian sources of protein.

4332816 What we need is Vitimin B12, that's the one which will kill you if you don't eat it and is found predominantly in animal tissues. (not jsut meat but eyes, tendons, almost any given cell has some of it.) The chemical is specifically called dimethylbenzimidazolyl cobamidcyanide and has this chemical structure:

It's chemical structure is: C63H88CoN14O14P

There, now incase any of you wind up in Equestria you can tell Twilight to synthesize you some. Tell her to find any of the folowing microorganisums: Acetobacterium, Aerobacter, Agrobacterium, Alcaligenes, Azotobacter, Bacillus, Clostridium, Corynebacterium, Flavobacterium, Lactobacillus, Micromonospora, Mycobacterium, Nocardia, Propionibacterium, Protaminobacter, Proteus, Pseudomonas, Rhizobium, Salmonella, Serratia, Streptomyces, Streptococcus and Xanthomonas. and to acquire the chemical compound via fermentation.

She'll know what to do, jsut eat whatever she brings you no matter how gross it looks and you wont die of hypocobalaminemia. Or seriously go go buy some pony multivitamins because all life needs this compound, including ponies, therefore ponies are getting it from somewhere.

Or seriously go go buy some pony multivitamins because all life needs this compound, including planes, therefore ponies are getting it from somewhere.

because all life needs this compound, including planes

planes

:rainbowlaugh: Best typo ever.

'Yes, twilight, I'm getting sick. Human males need a certain amount of animal protein in their diet, and this rapidly degrades so can't be stored and has to be gotten directly from the source. Do you have any friends that are lactating?'

"Oh dear! I had no idea! I'm afraid not, but I'm sure that, if we ask them, Aloe and Lotus have plenty of nails' and manes' leftover for you." :twilightsmile:

4332879 You will die actually, and a very painfull slow death too... but only if you are not getting B12 from some other source. Which is weirdly rare... But there are plenty of non-meat sources. A Japanese fermented black tea known as Batabata-cha has been found to contain biologically active B12. nconventional natural sources of B12 also exist, but their utility as food sources of B12 are doubtful. For example, plants pulled from the ground and not washed may contain remnants of B12 from the bacteria present in the surrounding soil. But not much...

Basically the only way a person can live today and eat absolutely no animal products and not die is thanks to modern science and multivitamin tablets. The entire argument is moot though, because equines also need B12 so it must be present in the pony diet or they would die too.

The real issue I have with these sort of fics, is the fact that ponies are always shown as having a problem with meat eaters. That's just silly. No animal is truly herbivoreic, every single life form on this rock is an opportunist carnivore. Everything eats meat if it can. Le proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkQ7o-gWWng

4332942 Holy shit that's epic:rainbowderp::rainbowkiss:

This changes my view on ponies!! :twilightoops:

4332977 I'm fairly certain they eat fish, we see ponies fishing many times in canon.

The real issue I have with these sort of fics, is the fact that ponies are always shown as having a problem with meat eaters.

There is plenty of humans that have problems with other humans dietary habits.
The very same fact that the ponies in the show are not shown eating meat, despite their digestive system is likely to be perfectly capable to deal with it, seems to implicate that they have a strong cultural prohibition against eating it. Ponies problem with eating meat is easily understandable, since meat eaters are their natural enemies.

4333007 I'm sorry I wasn't more clear, I mean they show it as all ponies, universally. That's juts silly.

4333007 I've had a horse come up and steal a hotdog from me before, so I really can't see the ponies not eating meat. The reason may be that most of the equis life forms seem to have a low level of sapience, cutting a good portion of mine and many others diets as eating people ain't cool. Fish seem to be the go to.

4333025 Cultural prohibitions could be stronger than physical one. Facing the choice of eating 100gr of hay or 100 gr of human meat, the average westerner would chose hay, despite his digestive system being almost completely incapable of dealing with the first and perfectly capable to digest the second. The same with kind of foods that are no so morally problematic, but simply considered disgusting.
If in Equestrian ponies' culture meat is something that should not be eaten, ponies will not eat it.

4333062 we have no real way to see what pony culture is like, as it's cartoon and does not go very in depth into much of anything. So it's up to the individual to decided. I've seen horses eat meat, so I haven't a problem with seeing the ponies eat meat. Others may feel differently, but I'll stick with my experiences.

4333075 Have I prohibited something, or said that I have iussues with other's headcanons? :rainbowhuh:

4333101 you're taking what I said to personaly. I was mealy saying leave it to the individual.

4332816 you...i like you.

I'm sorry. Since You replied to me, I thought it was related to something I said.
But what I mean is that, since no pony in show is shown eating meat, it's easy to understand why many had developed an headcanon o them not doing it, and that's perfectly possible, despite the fact that real ponies can digest meat, or are occasionally carnivore.

4333178 I completey agree. It's safe assumptions, and assumptions are bad. There just seems to be consensus(extending to their irl counterparts) can eat meat, which biologically they can, and I think that's just a lack of understanding.(#charlesiasaltyaboutfood). I want to see a story where a man/woman and a mare/stallion can trade vegetarian and sea food recipes without someone being burnt by the stake.

4333007 Because your average vegans think that by eating only plant life they are on some moral high ground, therefore better than everyone else. You might not see it on the surface but in their subconscious it's plain to see.

4332816 ask celestia she looks like she would make some awesome milk

4333132 nooooo....your avatar pic makes what you written hella creepy

Obviously, in non-HIE fics, ponies' dietary habits have no real importance. In HIE fics I like to think of them as vegetarian (not vegan, as milk, cheese, and almost surely eggs are canon), cause I think that the resultant cultural clashes are funny.

4332816 yay a science'y execute to suck the fuck out of rarity's tits :raritywink:

4333270 Almost surely? Almost?

SISTERHOOVES SOCIAL. Fried eggs, sunny side up. The breakfast Rarity makes after disposing of Sweetie's burnt and otherwise inedible offering.

4333334 "Almost" was cause I was almost sure, but didn't remember the examples. :twilightblush:

4333270 True it is pretty funny. Especially when either the human gives zero fucks and eats meat right in front of them nonchalantly or the human acts like he's gonna eat Diamond Tiara or Silver Spoon.

4332816 Give me a net, a fishing pole, a tackle box, and a set of fishing bait.

Yup, time to go fishing! Mmm, oven-baked fish with lemon slices and wrapped in foil, *drools like Homer Simpson*

It's chemical structure is: C63H88CoN14O14P

That's the sum formula, actually, but still, nice writeup. I'm sure Twilight would be willing to barf some up for you, though - having that kind of bacteria as part of their intestinal flora is how most ruminants fulfill their B12 requirements in the first place.

4337023 Statement: I know. I didn't mention that because most organic meatbags are quite ironically highly squeamish of biological functionality.

There's already Hayburger in the series. Why not Veggie-Ham?

4339023 So they eat something pink.

>Hi, I have a vegan sister and cannot eat red meat myself,

Poor thing.

MetaKnight145
Group Admin

You can just fucking eat meat.
There are gryphons.
And Fluttershy has fed fish to other animals, she is fully aware of the foodchain.
Unless this is just a blatant shitty clopfic made just for masturbation.

4339413 I thought that it was quite obviously a setup for clop, which is why I diddn't elaborate in the original post.

Don't give up! I believe in you!

In either case, it means that they have a taste for meat.

While I am alive, I will eat animals. When I am dead, the worms will eat me. Thus is the circle of life complete and the machinations of Karma are served.

4340617 Ha, funny and true, in a sorta grim kind of way.

But funny and true, :rainbowlaugh:

That was really kinda the optimistic way of putting it. Anything that reflects the bitter truths behind life, the universe and everything more accurately would only sound emo to the point of ridiculousness anymore.

4341383 I describe it in brutal accuracy anyway, because it pisses people off, and it avoids "sugar-coating".

But that's just me.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 50