Sunset Shimmer 4,925 members · 6,759 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16
Albi
Group Contributor

Wow, we've got over a thousand members now, all under the banner of best (or at least top tier) pony! As admin (whoever had that bright idea to make me one) I would like to say thank you! We've been in the trending group section for months now! We've got stories and fanarts out the wazoo! And we've got some interesting discussions going on here with very, very little drama.

So thanks to all you bandwagon jumpers awesome people! Here's hoping to 1,000 more members and more Sunset arts.

Feel free to post some art. Just art right now, no story plugins.

Feel free to post some art.

That sounds great! :twilightsmile:

Anyway, congratulations to the group for reaching this milestone! :pinkiesmile:

Everyone keep jumping to the wagon!

Albinocorn-senpai please notice me.

all under the banner of best (or at least top tier) pony!

For me, Twilie will always be best pony. But by god, is Sunset ever my number two.:twilightsmile:

No Celebration is complete without an exciting theme!

Even Sunset herself is clapping the the beat!

Long live one of the most heart-touching icons of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Why is the entirety of FiMFiction not here to celebrate the marvelousness that is bestpone Sunset Shimmer?

My favorite Shimmy piece that I've made to date. Wallpaper on all of my devices, heh.

3954440 That's what happens when Sunset listens to Trololo is reverse and G Major

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4XQT2EHBQw

"A thousand people joined what now?"

Albi
Group Contributor

3954031 *Senpai secretly notices Ask Princess Twilight Sparkle tumblr*

3955492 You have fans, Sunny! Embrace them! Probably not all at once, though.

3955562 #damnstraight #westartedthisbandwagon

Man, I should write a Sunset Shimmer fic some time. Possibly even something non-clop. I actually considered a fic, set in RR when Sunset and Twilight have a conversation in Pinkie's home and Sunny muses on her past with Celestia and what she might do in the future. Then I read "As The Sun Rises" and it killed the idea, because it has the same concept and is much better than anything I could crank out (fun fact, something similar happened with the first MLP FF I planned to write).

I can't say that I was a fan of Sunset before it was cool, but I always had a certain fondness for her, mostly because I liked her design (both pony and human), although I disliked her mane/hair color combination at first. But with Rainbow Rocks, she became one of my favorite characters. Even before it was released I hoped that she has quite some screen time, since there is so much potential, with her turning good and redeeming herself. I read that this was the reason why she played such a big role in the first place. Apparently, McCarthy didn't want to use her so much at first, but then gave her a big role in RR because "she had a character arc to be told".

I missed Sunset in the shorts and her big role in the movie make them pretty awkward to watch in hindsight. Especially the one that's set in the cafeteria, because she really should be there, at least.

And like everyone I got caught off-guard by how adorable she was in the teasers (in addition to how much screen time she had). Even got so far that I said that she out-adorables Fluttershy. That isn't actually true, it's just that her adorableness is more notable because she was previously a nasty villain who wasn't very cute, aside from general appearance (like every pony), while Fluttershy is Fluttershy.

That being said, there is something missing among the Sunset shippers.

SunShyne. Seriously, why is there so few (as in, barely any) of that? Nothing against SunsetSparkle or Sunata, I like those too, but the lack of SunShyne is disturbing. It's Best Pony + Best Human, so it should be an obvious one, but for some reason nobody really ships them.

3956451 I want Sunset Shimmer to have a bigger role in the next movie. Sunset for EG3 main character anyone?

3957460 Yerah! Let's see her break some character out on all the ponies humans!

3955644 #proofcharactersdonthavetobesympatheticornicetogetthelovetheysotruelydeserve! #longhashtagislong

Being a part of this group has been a great experience and I hope to be able to continue doing my part as I add more to my story. It's starting to become one of the longest stories on the site, and right now it's about halfway through with at least another 30 chapters to go barring extra chapters which aren't planned right now.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16