Sunset Shimmer 4,934 members · 6,779 stories
Comments ( 32 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 32

Just found out Sunset Shimmer is not only going to be in EG Rainbow Rocks, but she's getting a song!

Here's the link

equestriadaily

Now all they need to do is make her a princess

Did you guys know that the VA for Sunset Shimmer (at least in English) is the same person who does Twilight Sparkle's singing voice?!:pinkiegasp::rainbowderp::twilightoops::duck:

Now, I'm almost tempted into seeing EG: Rainbow Rocks because of this.:trixieshiftright:

Yeah, been aware of that since the word go. What's funny is she STILL provides the singing voice for Twilight.....and as of Rainbow Rocks, seems to provide Sunset's singing voice too. :pinkiegasp:

I know right?:twilightoops:
Well, obviously she would do Sunset's singing voice too.:derpytongue2:

:rainbowlaugh:

Fair point. Though it wouldn't have been out of the question that someone else might have done Sunset's if she could only have done Twilight's.

Yeah, that would have been pointless. :derpytongue2:
And this just gives Sunlight another extra special connection to it.:twilightsmile::heart:

:pinkiegasp::rainbowderp::twilightoops:

3773515 Shanon has already filled in for Amy at least twice on FiM. Once in "The Cutie Pox" and again in "Ponyville Confidential", but apparently, the sound mixing at DHX is so good that it's impossible to tell. Likewise, Amy has filled in for Shanon in "The Welcome Song" and "The Goof Off".

Incidentally, I wonder if it was weird for Schoichet to sing a duet with herself in Rainbow Rocks.

Because why pay for one voice actress when you can have two? :pinkiecrazy:

*looking forward to Evil Human Pinkie in the next movie*

3773577 Isn't that kind of what we got with Sonata Dusk? I mean, I know Shanon didn't voice her, but Sonata seemed to have Pinkie's personality.

Nah. Pinkie is a impulsive, intuitive genius and trickster archetype.

Sonata is just kind of a moron.

3773594 Eh, generic villans as a whole easily describe the villans of Equestria Girls so far. The idea is there, but the execution is sorely lacking.

:rainbowlaugh:

I'll be honest, part of me wants to see her and Flash get back together. Sure, she seems to be on board for Twilight and Flash (a pairing I also support), but she also still seems to have feelings for the guy.

I dunno. Adagio is really growing on me.

Dat grin.

Dat hair.

Meh. They look even more like obvious Hasbro 'Monster High' wannabes, than all the other characters of CH. But that's just my opinion.:derpytongue2:

:pinkiegasp:
Interesting perspective.:duck:

Jondor
Group Admin

More like Jem wannabes. Adagio is totally sporting that big 80's rock band hair. :rainbowwild:

Not sure who/what Jem is, but yeah, I can totally see what you mean.:rainbowderp::trollestia:

Well take a look at her reaction to Rarity mentioning how much Flash seems to have it bad for Twilight. She claims she never actually liked him, but that face really disagrees with her words.

3773636 you know who adagio reminds me of; starfire for two reasons 1. Orange skin 2. Hair bigger then their torsos

3773515 Shannon-Chan Kent does the voice of Silver Spoon, the lapdog for Diamond Tiara.

3773636 kind of like Bayonetta's bizarre hairstyle, don't you think?

Well, maybe. Or maybe she just feels sorry for using him as a tool (which he is).:unsuresweetie::trollestia:

I dunno. I still think she had actual feelings for the guy, but given how badly things ended for them when he broke up with her, doesn't want to admit it. And I don't see him as a tool, honestly.

:duck:

What's with the mustache?

I don't know. Just felt like putting it there.:rainbowwild:

Should I get the scissors? :pinkiecrazy:

I already gave it a trimming yesterday, no need.:twilightsheepish::derpytongue2:

It's hard to tell, actually. The implication is that Flash broke up with Sunset, likely because she turned into kina of a horrible person over time, and possibly because he figured out she was using him. Now, the girls considered him off limits on account of not wanting to incur the Wrath of Sunset but they also point out that she never tried to take revenge on him. That might suggest she did actually like him enough to leave him alone. The alternative is that she cared so little about him that it didn't even matter to her, but she was a petty, petty girl in the first movie and somehow I think she would have been really insulted to be dumped by a guy she didn't have any respect for at all.

So, she might really have felt worse about how they ended up than she was willing to admit and trivialized the whole thing to make it seem less awkward.

Yeah. My thoughts exactly.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 32