Straight Shipping 2,895 members · 6,634 stories
Comments ( 25 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 25

Okay. So I have a little weird question that I MUST ask. Let's say, Celestia has a son, and Cadance has a daughter. Would it be incest for Celestia's son to love Cadance's daughter?
If you don't know it yet, Cadance is Celestia's adoptive niece. I'm stupid when it comes to these things, so please answer me :twilightsheepish:

Let me get this straight... niece has daughter, aunt has son... I think that they would be established has cousins, not 100% sure though... but for now, yes, I think it's incest.

4973259 Yes. Why would you even wanna ship those two?

:rainbowderp: I think that's incest.

4973259 Incest with a capital I. :twilightoops:

I don't know. After all, Cadance is Celestia's adoptive niece. However, even if she was really Celestia's niece, don't forget Celestia lived many centuries, so, even if Cadance and Celestia's children fell for each other, they would be cousins removed many times. So the meaning of incest doesn't apply in this situation. At least, that is my opinion.

One word you all have forget that would solve your answers on this. MarbleMac

Pinkie Pie said that the Apples and Pies are family and yet several fans still ship those two anyway.

4973259 You are good to go, ship away. Make someone in the story think it's awkward but remember something important:

Cadance is Celestia's adoptive niece.

Anyways, with a character older than dirt, such as Princess Sunbutt, you question enough things in regards to relations.

What do you guys think of the opinion of these three? 4973494 4973631>>4973648
I mean, I think 'adoptive niece', combined with Celestia's over-1000-years age, makes Celestia and Cadance's kids' relation VERY distant, if they're related at all (because ADOPTIVE, remember? )

4973926 It would still count as incest, due to them being family, adopted or not.

Marrying your cousin? Seems normal for royalty. :ajsmug:

4974694 He's not wrong and with the afore mentioned age gap and not being blood relatives means technically no not incest but from an outside point of view yes it is. Its all up to the author now.

It was never said that they were family in canon. There was a smudge on the paper, causing them to be unsure, so it's unknown if the Pies and Apples are related. Pinkie meant that they were family in the friendship way, not the family family way.

But you could be right. As I said before, the result is unsure, so that could mean that the Pies and Apples are indeed related. And, Cadance is Celestia's niece by adoption, even though they are still niece and aunt.

So, it could be incest or not. It's up to the author to whether or not he wants to ship them.

Look at my comment above to see how I feel.

I've just realized something: In the show, it was never mentioned that Cadance is Celestia's adoptive niece, it was only mentioned in the chapter book (or the comics? I don't exactly remember where did I read it), which means if the fanfic doesn't consider the chapter book canon, then the shipping is not incest. Right?

4976143 Incest is not only about blood relation, it's also about family. So even if adopted cause, of the way they are related to each other, yes, it is incest.

4973259 It is incest, but just not in the genetic sense. Meaning, they are technically related but not physically. This sounds an awful lot like the crappy plot of a "I've always loved you Onee-chan" anime.

4976162 Yeah I was thinking this but you actually brought it up.:twilightblush: And I think you're confused Henry:rainbowhuh:, if it is only mentioned in the books/comics that she's adopted and you're not counting the books/comics as canon then it is in fact incest according to the TV series.:unsuresweetie: But once again it's up to you, Henry. Will you choose canon, book/comics, or AU?:trixieshiftright:

Really? I've read in one of the show descriptions that Cadance was Celestia's adoptive niece.

Not so long ago: It was considered acceptable for uncles to marry their nieces! Still is in some cultures. It was called “avunculate marriage”, and royalty was pretty into it. Gay marriage is a far more radical departure from the norm, then avunculate marriage.

I’m really not going to care, if someone marries her mother’s adopted aunt's son. That’s quite a ways from truly qualifying as incest, in my book.

Congratulations on necroposting! Lol

Jokes aside, thanks for your contribution, no matter how late it is.

If the adoption of Cadance was legal, then it would legally and ethically be considered so. Annulling the adoption would dissolve that obstacle.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 25