Crack Ships Inc. 612 members · 875 stories
Comments ( 31 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 31
ProfCharles
Group Admin

This is a few days late, because I forgot. Sorry!

Rules are the same as ever:

1. All prompt entries must contain, in some from or another, two (2) or more of the chosen ponies entangling in some form of relationship. Which two, the depth of their relationship and how they act on it is totally up to you.

2. All entries must be in by the 23rd of June at the latest. On the 24th, all entries will be displayed for a community vote, ending on the the 1st of July. You will have the option to vote publicly in the forum, or send me a PM with your choice. Voting methods are to be worked out at a later date.

3. All entries must obey site rules. In addition, stories containing clop and/or gore must be clearly indicated as such, for the benefit of those who do not desire such things.

4.Post your stories here in this thread when you are ready to submit them.

5. This space intentionally left blank.

This month, on the wheel of shipping:

1) Rarity! This fastidious fashionista is full of charm and grace! Can she woo her way to success?

2) Braeburn! The very deffinitaion of a country pony, will this cowboy lasso the mare of his dreams?

3) Lightning Dust! Fast and reckless, and that isn't just her love life!

4) Celestia! As the immortal god-princess of an entire nation, finding that special sompony is bound to be a challenge.

5) King Sombra! Can the evil sorcerer king of the Crystal Empire find room in his corrupt heart for love?

and last, but not least;
6) Aunt Orange! She might be only Applejack's aunt, but this Manehatten socialite is sure to be a winner.

Entries in by the 23rd of June

Nice choice. I would to see the Braeburn ships. :pinkiehappy:

ProfCharles
Group Admin

Yeah, I'm trying hard to make sure that there is at least one stalion in each contest. Which is hard, because there's like, 10 of them total, and half of them are already in relationships.

Known stallions (aren't married): Hoity Toity, Soarin, Prince Blueblood, Fancy Pants, Flim, Flam, Davenport, Big Mac, Braeburn, Caramel, Doctor Whooves, Thunderlane, King Sombra, Noteworthy, Pokey Pierce, Comet Tail, Neon Lights, Donut Joe.

ProfCharles
Group Admin

Fancy Pants,

Arguable. He's certianlly in a relationship.

And 18 isn't that much better than 10, when you consider that there are dozens of female characters.

That's a belief, not a truth. He is probably shipped more with Rarity than Fleur De Lis.

ProfCharles
Group Admin

Bassed on the way he and Flur interact, they are almost certainly in a relationship together in canon. I'm not saying you can't ship him and Rarity together (heck, I'm guilty of that) I'm just saying that from a canon point of view, as far as we, the viewers are aware, he has a marefriend.

1063074 I know. Just saying that.

Oooo...I already have an idea swirling about. Though it's not even with the pony I wanted to use the most out of these six.

Also, apologies if my other topic about the contest might have seemed rude. I was just curious.

ProfCharles
Group Admin

No, no, it wasn't. Actually got me off my lazy arse, so thank you.

Given that this is a monthly contest, having two male characters on each prompt each month means it will take nine months before you've exhausted them all.

I don't see the problem with reusing old stallions, particularly if we've not seen them in nine months... :moustache:

Oooh, gonna try to write a Rarity x Celestia fic for this. :trollestia::duck:

ProfCharles
Group Admin

I look forwards to it.

That's true. It just feels a little limiting.

Sounds good!

I've... well, I think I have something. Dunno if it'll qualify, but it'll be mythology building for my Dark Star Saga if not.

Pretty warped though.

To clarify: Celestia/Sombra. And Sombra. And Sombra. With a hint of Luna/Sombra.

And no cloning spells.

Do Tragi-mances count?

so i'm going to attempt this, and i don't know how well it will go.But i think ill do Braeburn X Sombra

I'm done.
Orange Crystals
Featuring Sombra/Aunt Orange.

I didn't want to say that I was writing this, sense it would spoil the surprise.

I am so late on this. Didn't see this till today... Shit! gotta start writing!

Bluh...starting to think I won't be able to finish in time for this one. I'm determined to finish the next chapter of Dragon Your Hooves first, and I've had such writer's block with it recently. Plus, Animal Crossing: New Leaf is eating up a LOT of my free time.

Too bad I suck at writing romance; RarityxSombra or RarityxAuntOrange might be kinda funny. (I can see the latter now--fresh from a amicable divorce, AO visits her niece in Ponyville to unwind. While out to lunch one day they encounter AJ's friend Rarity, and the two hit it off thanks to their upper-class savviness. When they get back to the farm AO asks AJ if Rarity is single and Hilarity Ensues :applejackconfused::ajbemused::applejackunsure::raritywink:)

Why's it matter if they're in a relationship or not? You have a married female in this very contest list.

ProfCharles
Group Admin

Well, it doesn't, really. It just makes things more awkward if they are already in a relationship, as you either have to handwave it away as they had a divorce, or have one cheat on the other.

Some people may feel uncomfortable with either option (I know some people feel uncomfortable with femaleXfemale ships for a start), so I want to make sure that there is varity in the choices.

Also, that RarityXSombra idea is exactly the one I had, and probably a fair few other people as well.

Fair enough. Maybe you could have the stallions in relationships in contests alongside single stallions, so that way there's at least a few M/M possibilities spread around. Or you could have one contest with five guys and one girl :rainbowkiss:

1063018 You forgot those three jocks from Cloudsdale.

Here's my entry (RarityxKingSombra);

Stallion of Her Dreams

I said I wouldn't, but I have no willpower.

Question!

I've started working on a story for the prompt, but it features a non-cracky Mane Six ship equally alongside the crack ship of ponies chosen from the list. Like, the focus ia just as much on the Mane Six pair as the crack pair. Is this kosher?

Turns out I did finish after all!

Stiff Competition

I would like to add my story to the entries for the June shipping competition.

Title and Link: Rare Gems Embracing Shadows
Pair Featured: Rarity and Sombra
Rating: Teen for mild violence and tame innuendo.

If you need any more information, contact me and I'll get back to you A.S.A.P.

Good luck to everyone!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 31