Ponky Legacy Group 199 members · 9 stories
Comments ( 29 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 29

Hello, everyone. I'm Props, Ponkys' brother-of-different-parentage. I have a bit of a... Ponkdate? For everyone here.
Ponky is in Italy now, and after recovering from a nasty cold that laid him up for a whole week, he's finally gotten started on his Missionary work. He's been working hard, every day, doing what he believes in, but he still thinks of all of us regularly.

Well, now, I heard from Ponky that this past week has been hard for him, and so I think it would be very cool if everybody could send him a message, letting him know we're all thinking about him and cheering him on at home.

So, below, everybody that wants to can leave a comment with a short message to our buddy in Italy. He needs some kind words! I'll be certain to include every message in my weekly letter to him, which he's certain to receive.

Thank you to everybody who participates.

I just want him to know that we all miss him and that we want him to stand strong.

God bless you Elder Burton(goodness whenever I read that I think of the Brotherhood of Steel)

Dearest ponkaponkaponky: you're a Gary Stu. I joke not. You have a lovely singing voice, you wrote TSD (which I'm finally starting to read now, yayz), plus you're a missionary now. I'm half expecting you to sprout wings and start singing about your destiny.

Alicorn punz aside, it's great to read that you're putting your talents and passions to such constructive use. It's a bit lonely on here without you ponky-ing up the place, but know that I'm happy that we're happy that you're happy.

"Space is a Waste" has 63 plays in my iTunes Library.

Hey there, Ponky. I continue to be terrible with expressing my feelings into words, but meh, you know. You got sick, huh, figures (what with the new environment, varieties of germs you've never been exposed to and whatnot). Anyways, I hear you're doing some good stuff over there, but you also feel like a cog in a machine (What? I read your blog.). I'm not religious myself, so I'm not really sure about faith and stuff, but I understand loneliness enough to feel for you. Remember, Ponky, you've got a huge group of friends back here, and the way things are going you'll have a lot of Skirts stories to catch up on. That's always good.

Can't wait for you to accomplish your goals and return to us, changed forever, like Frodo or something. I need some more of your music, I can only listen to Bright Eyes for so long on repeat before... nah, actually I can listen to it all day. More of your work could never be bad though. Anyways, I don't want to monopolize, so I'll just say good luck and enjoy yourself, later, Ponky.

911125 Yeah, sounds about right on this front.

We miss your literary presence! I hope you're doing well, and continuing to spread positivity throughout Italy! See ya, Ponky! :rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss:

I'm no good with stuff like this, but I hope Italy is everything you hoped it to be and more. We miss you and are counting down the days until your return. Have fun, and enjoy your time there Anziano Burton.

P.S. By the time you read this, you'll have been registered on Fimfiction for one year.

How's Italy going? I've really wanted to see it myself, lucky bastard (I kid). I'm pretty sure I'll be here two years from now to greet you, whether as an avid pony fan or just for old times sake. This is quite the community we've got after all, and here's one dedicated to you! You've got a fan-base made of one of the best I've ever been a part of, so yeah. Get that Gary Stu Syndrome checked out, like BandBrony said, and if pizza is a real big thing in Italy like it is in America, send us some leftover crusts so we can pretend we're eating together, and arguing about first comment or something!

Glad to hear you're doing well! Sorry I haven't written a response yet, I'm terrible at these things. I'd write one now, but I don't know your current address. Anyway, how's your Italian doing? Stumble over any words? Have any awkward missionary moments yet? We like to hear about these kind of things.
-Quylaa

If anyone has his current address, please post it somewhere. Thanks!

Hope everything's going well in Italy. Always wanted to go there but might not ever get the chance. Whether or not ponies are still big in two years I'll still be here to wish to greetings. Have fun in Italy mate.

Dear Ponky,
Hello! I'm The philosopher... I, well, didn't really discover the awesomeness of your stories and talent in music until after you left. I wish I had, I loved The Sisters Doo. I didn't like Daring's depiction in it, and I think that's what made it so great; you dared to break the action-hero depiction of her, and it kinda made me feel like Dash did in the story. Then the struggle to do what is right and what is for personal gain, in both Derpy and Daring, made the story so interesting and deep. Truly great writing!

And your music is amazing! You are an extremely talented pianist and fantastic singer. You're like a brony Renaissance man: musician, writer, and cartoonist.

I think you are following a very noble cause in your mission. I hope you enjoy your time in Italy; best of luck!

oberon
Group Admin

Heya Ponky.
Glad to know you passed in Venice. Ach, if I knew I would've stalked you.
'vryone is waiting for you here, so don't get killed by random buses.
Also, remember:
E del resto sarà capitato anche a voi
di trovarvi in una cameretta in un terrapieno
a 60 metri di profondità
e di sentirvi demotivati e depressi.
(EelST, La saga di Addolorato)
Don't stare at me like that! Just ask someone near Milan! They'll know who they are!
- oberon

Yo, Ponky, it's yo boi. Foshizzle dawg, 'ope you come back soon m8.

Hiya Ponky!
I hope everything is going well for you in Italy by the time you receive this, since I hear you were sick for the past week. How's your missionary work going (got any cool stories about it)? At any rate, I hope it's all uphill from here. We're all with you Ponky, you're doing something wonderful.
Bah, I'm no good with words,
Sypher

P.S. got any more crazy driver stories for us? Oh, and send us a picture of one of those geckos!
-----
Edit: Thanks for doing this Props!

I've been keeping up with the blog of yours, and glad to hear you're feeling better as well as back to doing what you went there to do. We route for you and support you, mon ami.:pinkiehappy:

Hope things continue to go well and that you can have fun over there too. I enjoy those post a bunch, glad to see you writing eloquence translates into nonfiction too. ;P

I've been trying to think of something to say all day... unfortunately I got Monty Python's "The Bright Side of Life" stuck in my head... so yeah...

Hey Aikentron.

Is it true that you have a huge mole on your chest? To be honest, I squinted during that 100th blog thing, and I'm too afraid to go back and check. F'naaaa.

Anyways, try not to let the meatballs get to you. Remember that someday you'll fly away, leave all this to yesterday. What more could life's stress do for you? When will stress be through with you? Well, just ask yourself, why live life from stress to stress and dread the day when stressing ends?

Cuz you've made me feel, yes you've made me feel so shiny and new, like a heathen, witnessed to for the very first time.

Think about it.
-SS&E

Dear Ky (Ponky) Burton,
I'm really sorry I never sent you a letter myself, Ponky! I was too afraid and sad, deciding to hide rather than wave goodbye! I really, really miss your songs, your writings, and most of all, you! Ever since you said "I can't stand overly-happy people," "I don't understand how you can be happy all the time--in fact, it's pretty creepy. And not the type of creepy I like," and "I can't stand constantly-happy people," I decided to change! I've been doing meditation stuff, philosophical life realization stuff, and stuffy stuffing! Now, I go to psychotherapy 'cause it turns out I can't get mad! Ever! But I can be happy and sad now! Oh, and remember cancer? Guess what?! It turns out it was just a defect in my blood stuff thingy that made my inner-nostrils grow freakish, making it appear as though I had a cancerous deformity! Hurray! All I need is a tiny bit of surgery and I'll be as normal as the next brony! Well, as normal as you can be when it turns out your brain won't allow you to ever be angry! Anyway, arrivederci, as you once said!
Sincerely,
Charles (Brony Pony) Martos

P.S. Do you like my real name? Charles Martos! Fancy, eh? Well, it's not my real-real name, 'cause my birth name is Carlos Martos, but it's too rhymy with my last name and doesn't sound like my personality! Though truthfully, I'd much rather you and everypony else just call me Brony Pony, or even better, BP! :BPWink: Miss you, Ponky! I should write you a song! I've been getting into the music industry, and by that I mean I've been taking lessons! Aw mare, I put too many words in this... hopefully PropMaster doesn't mind! *Looks up at the sky in wonder* ... Do you mind, Props?

Thank you so much for doing this, you are such an angel! I'm really sorry if all the words I created in my first comment of this thread make you pay more, and if you'd like, I could maybe cut it down to less! Seriously though, thank you, you are a saint!

Hey there Ponky! I just thought I'd let you know the seat is in fact still warm.

Oh, and I am totally not up to anything mischievous. Nope, not at all.

Yo Ponky,

I feel like I have a lot to say, however I'm also writing this at 4:30 in the morning and I'm having trouble even putting a coherent sentence together, let alone trying to say something meaningful. So I'll leave you with this: Fimfiction ain't the same without you and 2015 can't arrive quickly enough. Italy is very lucky to have you, and keep being insanely awesome!

Yours, Lucky Dreams

P.S It's Not A Cold Dark Place is finally updating again! In honestly, this story probably would have died if it wasn't for your encouragement, so thank you very much. Truly.

------------------------------------------------

910921 Thanks for doing this, man :pinkiesmile:

Ponky's got a very limited amount of time for reading, that's litterally all it is, but he'll read every word of what you said. Don't change a thing.

Thank you! By Celestia, you are incredibly kind and encouraging! Thank you, again!

Hey Ponky,

It's been rather quiet around here ever since you left. I'm glad that you're feeling better, and I wish you the best of luck on your mission. Just remember, stay out of random gondolas.

All jokes aside, I finally read TSD and I was very impressed with your writing. Definitely one of my favorite stories to date. As with Regi, Space is a Waste has a decent number of plays on it now, and I listen to "Parade of the Pretty Sprites" every night to help me fall asleep. No joke.

Don't worry, you haven't missed any EoP updates yet. Skirts has his hands full with the next arc, I'm sure.

See you in 2015!

- Floydien

Hey Ponky
I'm not really good at things like this.
So let's just say that you're awesome. Your writing is amazing. Your piano skills combined with your fantastic voice sends chills down my spine. The good kind of chills, that leaves you question if you are even worthy of listening to such genius.
I wasn't around to say goodbye to you when you left, because I had yet to discover your talent by then.
But you can be damn sure I'll be there to greet you when you return.

Stay strong, Ponky. You the man.
- Spectral

Hey Ponks, It's Warden.
I hope you got the letter I sent through the MTC, even though I'm pretty sure they had to forward it on to Italy. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. The toughest trials come only to those who can do the most good. You've had some rough spots, so now you have to prove me right and do what you've been called to do. I hope to hear back from you sometime, assuming you're not drowning in letters.

P. S. Props, if you haven't already planned to tell Ponky about our next collab, you should do that. :scootangel:

Ponky!

We all miss you, but more importantly we all know that what you're doing over there is amazing. Beyond all the jokes and pleasant chats, I really respect what you're doing, especially because I know how much it means to you.

I'll make sure your seat in the SATGF stays wide open for your return! We miss you!

-Brian J

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 29