Cutie Mark Crusaders 1,748 members · 4,489 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21

Scootaloo Cant fly Because One Of Their Parents Is A Earth Pony. However, Scootaloo's Mom is A Pegasus, but her Dad Is A Earth Pony, If you Think that isnt the Problem, Tell me what you think the problem is! :scootangel:

My guess is that Scootaloo was born with premature problems... either that or her wings are concerningly underdeveloped:twilightoops:.

possibly.

I have several idea's

If putting lightning in a bottle isn’t magic then I don’t know what I’m talking about

Pegasus magic the same magic that allows them to walk on clouds steward the weather and yes fly without it a pegasus couldn’t even fly some pegasi even earn marks in this endeavor you wouldn’t even be able to cloud sculpt without this form of magic

It's also noted that its unclear ‘whether’ or not these pastel cupcake munching  ponies even use electricity as the super speedy cider squeezy was magically powered and twilights lab seemed to be similar

scootaloo might not have enough of it in her veins or might not know how to channel it in rhythm with her wingbeats to move the air around her to reduce drag and generate lift...it could also have something to do with having two of a kind hence her mother is a pegasus and her father is an earth pony... As far as I’m concerned she’s stunted and in need of a bit of a pegasus magic lesson rather than a flight lesson…

Genetic Mutation.
It happens.

The Cakes' kids can fly and do magic...

--Spade

The pegasus Cake twin flies fine despite two earth pony parents.

If an earth pony-pegasus marriage could produce flightless foals, that would be a well known thing and Scootaloo wouldn't keep expecting to fly.

Chicken’s can’t fly. That’s why.

I still like to think that she’s just a late bloomer and that it will just take some time and a lot of hard work.

“You got this kid.”

I always thought that was the case. But, she could just be a late bloomer Like Rich Gannon.

That could be the Case, But we Dont Really Know.

Yeah, and I kind of like it that way. More room for imagination.

7255131 Scootaloo's parents didn't use http://www.eugenicscrusade.com/.

And that's not even the only case of parents disregarding the wellbeing of their future foal:

7255131 I've always believed its a magical problem, like she doesn't have access to as much magic as she should that's required to fly as her wings are strong enough. I don't think being half earth pony has anything to do with it, may I remind you that one of the Cake twins was born to two Earth ponies and they can fly just fine.

I assumed it is a defect of some sort. I don't think it is even wing size (even though they could be underdeveloped as a secondary issue-- have you seen bulk biceps wings yet he flies).

Looking at her three blood relatives (her parents and Aunt Holiday) she doesn't seem to have inherited much from any of them in terms of body type. Her dad and aunt are pretty solidly built. Her dad stands out as big and strong, but her aunt's body frame suggests that despite being average height she could be packing a lot of muscle. Her mom is long and lanky, like she came from a family of models. Scootaloo inherited none of these traits.

Lauren Faust's original intent was for Scootaloo to be disabled.

Her wings remaining small in Growing Up is Hard to Do was a subtle indication that she is indeed handicapped:

Probably same reason you can't seem to use proper capitalization. Something wrong with her brain.

The reason bad things happen is because you randomly capitalize shit you fucking illiterate.

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

Oh hey I'm an admin here.

While I agree that the OP should learn to use capital letters correctly, there's definitely no need to attack someone like that. Kindly don't do it.

While you at least managed to be slightly classier about it, same goes for you.

Well alright then but only because you insist.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21