Followers of Discord 3,185 members · 2,749 stories
Comments ( 54 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 54

Reason 1 Celestia
Celestia and Discord would make a great ship because Celestia is a great princess and has been living since around Discord's little reign of power. Also Discord apologizes to her and gives her a bouquet of flowers as an apology. They would be great because they have a lot more in common than you would think.
Reason 2 Fluttershy
Fluttershy and Discord would also make a great ship because even though he is immune to the stare he still obeys her. He also needs her in his times of need and is even living with her. Plus he gives his most sincere apologies to her when he betrays them. One more thing, even though they are different in almost every single way they still need each other.

So who won you over?

Fluttercord FTW. Always will always have.

DiscoPie because screw you Newton and other law of reality

I go with the idea that Celestia loved Discord once, but that this ended when he turned evil. A lot of odd things about the Discord story arc make sense if one assumes that Celestia cares for Discord: for instance, that she imprisoned rather than slew him, and that she goes to the trouble (and risk) of trying to reform him. The other character she treats in this fashion is her own beloved sister, Luna.

I don't think that Celestia feels much romantic love for him any more. They were enemies for a long time, and he did a lot of destruction in the past. But Celestia can't simply forget she loved him: she's a skilled chessmaster, but her emotions for those she cares about are quite real. This is why she has gone out of her way to give him a chance, and why she continues to do so even after he betrays her once.

I think that Discord and Fluttershy are falling in love. I don't know how exclusive this love is, though. I peg them both as being polyamorous. However, I do think that their love is real.

Comment posted by fluttercord45 deleted Nov 14th, 2014

Celestia and Discord is not a good idea since judging by how Celestia reacted to Fluttershy saying "He's a real sweetie." it's obvious Celestia and he already had a relationship, and it didn't work out then so won't now.

Celestia x Discord (DisLestia) in the past.
With sexual tension in the present. YAY!

BOO to Fluttershy x Discord (DisShy)

Comment posted by Zimbawe deleted Nov 14th, 2014

Two trolls. One subtle, the other outgoing.
Celestiacord, because that will leave Fluttershy open for me.:yay:

3798731 I love your reasoning. It is perfect!!!

FLUTTERCORD!!! Nuff said.

Fluttercord obviously because they actually interact in tv show and comics. Fanfics alone cant buy me into Dislestia ship. Also Somblestia pretty much ruined it for me. If anything, TwiCord would be more suitable as the alternative.

3798710 I would say Dislestia because both Celestia and Discord are ageless. When Fluttershy dies he would need someone to fall back on and he would need someone he can be with for a very long time. If Discord went with Fluttershy, when she dies he could very easily go back to his more chaotic ways, which would end horribly for almost everyone involved.

Based on the book, Celestia still age but slowly. If she was able to develop from teenager to adult pony it mean that she will also turn into older pony and die. You will just basically buy Discord few thousands years more of relationship. And even then you imply that Discord would just act like a toy with drained battery(Fluttershy) that magically turn evil when she dies. He already learned a lot after few months, Fluttershy could teach him to be more good permanently within her lifetime. Also if they had kids and grandchildren he would have a company and remainder of her for infinite generations. He doesnt need to live with some kind of immortal Morticia Addams for eternity to find happiness. People deal with the loss of loved ones and they keep on living.

Neither. Neither is the right sort of personality for Discord, and in any case, I don't feel that Discord is likely to really be all that interested in such things - he works better as a free agent, I think, something more than a little alien, than being tied together by such things.

3799196 pretty sure he could just un-age her

3798710 Fluttercord. It's obvious that Discord will do anything to stay in Fluttershy's good books. She serves esentially as a "morality chain", keeping Discord in check, while still letting him be himself.

3799196 I think that he's aware of such a thing, because that's likely the biggest reason why he was willing to be reformed. He could live for all eternity, but without Fluttershy, he would never have the one thing his powers couldn't provide, a friend. And more than likely, although he would be saddened to lose Fluttershy, if he lived a long and happy life with her, he would move on. After all, someone has to take care of the children and grandchildren. And as the old saying goes "Tis better to have loved and loss, than to have never loved at all."

3800097 Someone's going to make that a fanfic. I just know it.

I dont like Fluttercord that much
its okay but not my taste ^^
i LOVE Dislestia and also Discolight ^^
Lunacord is cool too but those two i adore the most

3800370 pretty sure not, in most of the Discord fanfic the author nurf im, because if there is no trouble than there is no story

3801328 But why wouldn't someone write that? I mean, age regression is a really big thing.

There are already fanfics of Discord dealing with Fluttershy lifespan
corpse bride and forever young
Suffice to say, writers tend to look down on the idea of Fluttershy wanting to outlive her friends so unless they made all of them into alicorns its usually Discord letting her die.

3802120 I see. I personally wouldn't write a fic where Discord de-ages Fluttershy, but it strikes me as an idea that I'm certain someone will do at some point. Good or bad, I can't say.

3801545 ''and then Discord clack his finger and rejuvenate fluttershy''

Ok i'm toying with you, someone COULD write it but the story would be short, unless writted by a very good writter

You're assuming Fluttershy doesn't also become immortal.

DiscoLight
because they are pretty much opposites and opposites attract
:D

otherwise
I agree that celestia and Discord may have had a relationship in the past
but not anymore

as for fluttercord
I see them as best friends
not more not less

Dislestia is a little easier to ship, because they've both had less screentime than Fluttershy has in the show. And what makes them an interesting ship is the doctrine that opposites attract. From what we've seen of Celestia is that she's very adamant about preserving harmony for her kingdom, as is expected for the princess whose been in power for the longest. But the other interesting thing about her is that she also likes to stray away from normal, routine and what's expected of her and life in general. Things like this could be seen in examples where she decides to throw the Cakes for a loop during the infamous teacup prank, or when she thanks Twilight and her friends for sending the Gala into a riot, saying it made things more fun or however she phrased it. Despite being a leader her wants to keep peace in her kingdom, she does seem to have an interest in chaos, or at least the disruption of order from time to time.
This is why I can see her being attracted to Discord. As Celestia's been given status, an image to uphold and responsibility to attend to, Discord has no role or responsibility. He does what he wants when he wants, and cares little for how other ponies respond. Celestia admires behavior like that, as long as it's not runing anypony's life.
There's an episode of Futurama that has something like this going on, where Fry ends up in an office affair with a bureaucrat woman, who by definition is uptight, orderly and by the book, HOWEVER she finds herself very turned on by Fry's slob ways and his lack of discipline or cleanliness. I see Celestia like this, in that she sees Discord as living in a way she's not allowed to. She sees him as an escape from her routine.

Fluttercord, now that has some connections sure, but I really have to grasp at straws for it. You could argue that Discord engages in all of his antics because he's seeking attention and doesn't have any friends, so he acts out because he's frustrated. Fluttershy tolerates Discord's need to turn life upside down, but she doesn't admire him for that. She admires him for other reasons, reasons that Discord himself wasn't sure was there (and reasons that I can't tell are canon, as far as I know). Fluttershy is giving Discord a new view on a way to live life, in the way that happiness and excitement can happen without causing chaos and disorder. He's been living his life in a way that he's constantly moving and in conflict with others, now he's being given a chance to find the joy living in peace. Discord may be thousands of years old, but for the first time ever, he might be "growing up" and learning to settle down.

Both can work out, but being a Celestia-fag myself, I lean more towards Disclestia. But we all know Twilestia is the OTP for REAL Celestia fans.

>>cloperella (the end) :rainbowlaugh: Also I have nothing else to say but WOW.

Celestiacord for sure cz my profile pic
is awesome and ya its celestia and discords son
:ajbemused:

Unspoken bond to Luna, flirty-mocking relation to Celestia. Fluttershy is his anchor and castle for rehabilitation. Too much uninterrupted input from ordered Canterlot still drives him mad, and he can draw much needed mental energy from the chaos left in the near Everfree. He holds her dear for that, as a supportive friend.

So, yeah, DisLestia.

Or something like that.

I'm confused by what you mean

Comment posted by Zimbawe deleted Nov 22nd, 2014

I meant that the last part you crossed out was pretty funny. and true

Ohhhh, sorry didn't make that connection.

You're fine. :derpytongue2:

I say Celestiacord-Discord in stone-FLuttercord. so i pretend that Celestiacord happened, then both got over it, then FLuttercord happened.

I vote for Discoshy.

Why not both? Celestia can wait, she has all the time in the world. Fluttershy, on the other hand, is still mortal as far as I know. Unless being Flutterbat gave her the kinds of powers that other vampires have.

I think Fluttercord is cute!!! :rainbowkiss: I love the fanart and fanfics!

I would say Fluttercord...but I'mma take a third option and say Applecord instead. :trollestia:

4355454 Someone should totally write a story about that. The return of Flutterbat and Fluttershy being immortal...hm...I might write it. Would anyone read it though? :applejackunsure:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa *turning into a chaos sayin* I PICK DISLEASTIA yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there really a choice? The show make Discord look like he is already married to Fluttershy. It's kind of like asking about FlutterMac and CheerieMac.

Fluttercord forever and life! I read a Dislestia fic, I thought it was hilarious, but I see Fluttershy and Discord as being Canon, nonetheless.
I agree with what some have said. It is obvious that Celestia and Discord had some sort of previous relationship, whether romantic or not, since Discord asked her if she missed him, and because Celestia and Luna had some angry faces when they went to use the Elements against him. I feel that there was some pain behind their faces. Meghan McCarthy had already said that Discord giving Celestia flowers was not a romantic move, but an apology, maybe for the present or the past.
Dislestia was in the past, but Fluttercord is now.
I really like Applecord and Twicord as cute shippings too.
~Melly~

He does what he wants when he wants, and cares little for how other ponies respond.

This statement is going to be the death of my Discord headcanon. :fluttershysad:

4451243 I'm going to provide some explanation as to why I prefer AppleCord over CelestiCord or FlutterCord.

1. This may sound like I'm hating, but I do not like CelestiCord in the slightest. Sure the stories and fanart are cute and sweet, but I just don't get it. In my two headcanons about Celestia and Discord's past relationship, they were either: 1) enemies from the beginning, or 2) friends for a while until Discord was corrupted by his own chaos and they became enemies. I will not take a third option and think that they had a romantic relationship. I just...no. :ajbemused:

2. I'll admit, at first I actually did ship FlutterCord. I stopped shipping it a while ago, but I thought about it every now and then. But after watching Make New Friends But Keep Discord, it finally occurred to me that Discord and Fluttershy have a friendship that doesn't really need to advance to a romantic relationship. One reason is that this show is all about friendship, and friendship is all about platonic affection. Another reason is that, if FlutterCord was canon, Discord could have Aesop Amnesia and forget about not being jealous of other ponies that Fluttershy hangs out with, then he'll do something much worse than trying to banish somepony to another dimension...if you know what I mean. :pinkiecrazy:

3. The main reason I like AppleCord is because it's the 'opposites attract' rule, but kinda taken up to eleven. Applejack's the run-of-the-mill, humble, no-nonsense type of mare. Discord, on the other hand, is unique, enjoys acting out and is as crazy as you can imagine. So they seem like they would be an interesting couple that would get off to a rocky start but still pull through. :ajsmug:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 54