• Published 5th Feb 2012
  • 4,257 Views, 335 Comments

Tear of a flower - Zephyr



A human got into Equestria with shatterd memories. He have to make his decision.

  • ...
9
 335
 4,257

Chapter Ten: Home

What is the first thing you think when you hear 'home'? Most people would think about the house where they grew up, some think where they live at the moment.
But if you get to a new place and you have the home-feeling, and you call that place a home, then there has to be something, something that made you go there. Destiny? Faith? A transcendent being? None or both? Who knows...

-Chapter Ten-
.:Home:.

I was just a few steps away from the front door when it opened, revealing an anxious Dawnie.
When she saw me, her face lit up, then she jumped on me, almost tackling me. Thanks to my fast reflexes I was able to catch her, so I hold her in my arms as she hugged me.

"I thought you would never come back!" She said, burying her cute face in my chest.

"What kind of man would I be if I left you alone, huh?" I joked and let out a small chuckle.

She loosened her embrace and looked up at my face. Her expression was mixed.

"You aren't hurt, are you?" She asked and let me go fully. After her last question she backed away a few steps, inspecting me and noticing the dirty hoofprints on my sweater.

"No, nothing serious, don't be afraid." Spotting her yet again anxious expression wasn't too hard. True, my side, where those bastards hit me, was in pain, but I was able to impersonate the Scout, and I also got a baseball bat.

'Totally worth it!'


I crouched down and looked in Dawnie's eyes.

"Hey, check this.." I showed her the bat. "They can't hurt me, they are the ones who's been hurt." The smile I gave to her reassured her a bit.

"Alright... Did you really hit them with it?" She raised an eyebrow and smirked.

"Uhm... Yeah?" Now I was the surprised.

"Do you want a better bat than this one?" She tilted her head and smiled .

"Well.. Yeah, this is a very crude one, and it's not even for my hand. You can make a new or what?"

While I answered her, Dawnie turned around and walked back into her house. When I finished my question, she was inside, and waited for me to follow which I did, in slowly paced steps.

"I'm an unicorn, I have magic." She pointed to her horn with her right foreleg's hoof. "I can refurbish your bat in seconds."

"Wow. What's next, teleport?"

As answer she disappeared in a flash of light and appeared behind me.

"Yeah, I can do that too."

"Whataff-" This teleporting thing surprised me enough to trip in my own leg, so I fall to the floor. After a second of close examination of the hardwood floor, I sighed and spoke up. "Thanks Dawnie.."

"Oh Celestia I didn't wanted to scare you! I'm sorry!" She rushed to me and turned me to my back.

As she looked down on me, her dark-purple mane fell on my face, gently tickling me. Her beautiful eyes were so close I was able to see my own face in them, but in the second, something else was in my head instead of looking at myself.

"Dawnie..." I took a big breath. "You don't have to apologize."

I put my hands on the sides of her head and drew her closer, then kissed her.


We were in the kitchen, I sat on a chair, while Dawnie was making tea. Being outside, in the cold with no proper clothing made me cold so when she offered to make me some tea I accepted it gladly.

"Marty, you should put off those clothes, they look wet." She said as she turned to me and levitated the steaming pot of tea with two mugs to the table.

"It's not that wet, I'm sure they will be dry within an hour." I took my mug and Dawnie poured some tea in it. "Wait..."

I realized that there could be two meaning behind Dawnie's words.
I looked at her with a suspicious expression and a raised eyebrow.

"What?" She asked grinning then she sipped from her mug of tea.

"You want something, rrrriiight?" And I already know what it is.

"Maybe. Maybe not. You'll see in time." She giggled then looked away.

'Omg, what to do, what to doooo?'

"Oooo-kaay, I-I will just go in my room, taking these clothes off.. Uhm.." I stood up and blinked by the awkwardness of the situation. Before turning to the door what led to the small corridor, I took a last look on Dawnie.
And she was different. She was.. Lighter.. Her coat was alabaster instead of grey, and her mane was almost pink. Also, her eyes were sky-blue.

'What the.. Heck happened to her?' I thought and went through the door, closing it behind me.


After walking in my room and sitting on the bed, I thought about all things about her. Then I realized that I should really take off the clothes, as the unpleasant wetness started to annoy me. Yeah, rolling in the snow is not the best idea. But for my life...

Taking off the sweater and the pants wasn't too hard, it only took half a minute. Then I lied on my bed, thinking and staring at the ceiling.

'What if.. What if her change in color have connection with her mood or something? Hmmm...'

I closed my eyes and thought about the mood-rings back on Earth but got nothing useful.

'Uhh, let's just put it under the big folder of magic.' Easiest way.

"Yeah, whatever." I said finally.

"What is whatever?"

Dawnie's voice come from mere inches. This surprised me so much, I practically jumped out of the bed, landing on the floor between the bed and the door. But my landing was as unfortunate as myself in the most times - I had a chance to see the floor getting close in slow-mo before fainting. Yes, I hit my head, pathetic, I know.


I awoke. First I didn't know where I was, but opening my eyes ended this. The room's ceiling stared back at me, so I was in my bed. Or on the floor. Looking down cleared this too, I really was in my bed.
Looking down also revealed a peacefully sleeping Dawnie next to me. My first reaction was a D'awwww themed smile. Then I saw her face (she faced me, hugging my left arm). She smiled, cutely. This made me D'awwww aloud, what woke her up immediately.

"M-Marty? Are you alright?" She asked as she focused her eyes on my face.

"Yes, I'm fine. Just.. Don't surprise me again, okay?" I smirked after finishing the sentence.

"Y-yeah, and sorry about that.." She blushed (probably in shame) and looked away.

"Dawnie it's okay. Nothing serious happened."

'Well, I have a headache, but it's not that bad.'

"Alright.. Hey, Marty.." She looked in my eyes again.

"Hmm?"

"When you were unconscious, I thought about this thing between... Us.." She blushed yet again.

"Aaaand?" I smiled at her warmly, I knew that she wanted to say something big.

"Uhm... Do you think if we can?.. You know?.." She gave me an innocent expression.

"What? You mean?.." She nodded. "Oh Dawnie.."


'Now this is new. And I don't know if I want to handle the consequences.'