• Published 5th Feb 2012
  • 4,254 Views, 335 Comments

Tear of a flower - Zephyr



A human got into Equestria with shatterd memories. He have to make his decision.

  • ...
9
 335
 4,254

Chapter Eight: Knowledge

As you already know, love is blind.
But what is love? (Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more!)

The answer to this question was partially answered later on that day, and I also got an answer to my other question.
That question was the usual: why me? I'm an alien!...

-Chapter Eight-
.:Knowledge:.

"They are watching us and smiling, Dawnie." I whispered in her ear, and looked at the indeed smiling ponies.

"That's good, isn't it?" She broke the hug and looked in my eyes, tilting her head - and making me chuckle. She was so cute.

"If you say so!" I stood up, towering above everypony. I felt a kind of proudness being this tall. "So Dawnie, what happens now? Any exact ideas about what to do?"

"Well, yes, I wanted to show you the library now that we are here, I can do the other things that I planned later." She smiled at me and signed to follow her.


As we walked through the town, we were met with both smiling and whispering ponies, but I couldn’t be bothered to catch their quiet conversations. The important thing was to prevent myself from looking at Dawnie's flank.

'I wish I had sunglasses now!' I thought and imagined myself in them, biting on my lower lips.

Shortly after, we arrived to a large wooden building. It had a stylized book on its front, telling that this IS a library.

"Here! The Windystone city Library!" Dawnie announced cheerfully.

"I've seen bigger ones..." I looked up, to the top of the building and remembered the gigantic library back at my home city. Then I remembered other memories, but none from the last two weeks.

"Hm, I think there is a bigger one in Manehattan, but in this part of Equestria, this is the biggest." She said and walked inside the building.

"Uh-hum.." I was still in my thoughts.



In the library...



The interior of the library was organized and well kept, also it had the familiar smell of a library - tons of books, you know.
As we got inside, Dawnie's mood rose, and she almost immediately trotted to the librarian, who was an elderly unicorn stallion with silvery mane and pallid yellow coat (like the color of a very old newspaper). His cutie-mark (it's called this, right?) was a stack of books. Amazing.

"Good day Mr.Pages!" Greeted Dawnie with an ear to ear smile. Looks like he was the only other person in this town who accepted Dawnie as she was.

"Well hello, young one!" His voice was a bit hoarse.

"I want to introduce a new... Friend of mine, Mr. Pages!" She signed to me with her right forehoof so I walked to them.
When I stopped in front of him, the old stallion looked at me, carefully watching every little detail of me. Then he darted his faint-blue eyes to mine, looking in my soul.
Not knowing what to do, I lifted my right hand, offering a hand/hoof shake.

"Uhm, hello, my name is Martin O'Donell... Nice to meet you..."

After a few seconds, he responded finally, shaking my hand.

"Pages. My name is Yellow Pages. Pleasure to meet you, O'Donell.

'Is this guy serious? YELLOW PAGES? Dafuq??? What will I find next time, a pony with two hearts, and a clock or something cutie-mark, called The Doctor? Or maybe Doctor... Whooves?'

"Just call me Martin." Fortunately, my expression didn't change.

"Alright, Martin. I have a few questions for you." He wrinkled his eyebrows, making a serious expression.

"Uhm.. Okay?"

"For first, what are your species? Second, how did you get here? Third, what did you do to Violet?" His voice was calm but a bit threatening.

"One, I'm a human. From planet Earth. Two, I have no idea, I partially lost my memories. Three, I think I gave her something she missed for a long-long time."

He slowly raised his left eyebrow, questioningly.

"And that is?..." He asked.

"Love."

His expression changed from suspicious to happy. Looks like he cared about Dawnie, like a father. Or sort of.
When Dawnie heard my answer, she looked up at me. I noticed this and when I checked that what is she doing, I found her crying again. I crouched down and opened my arms, invitingly.
She jumped at me, by the word, almost tackling me to the floor.


In the next few hours the trio of us had spent the time discussing about the happenings in the city, then Mr. Pages gave me the short version of Equestrian history. When I asked about the very beginnings, he told me that he didn’t know, the oldest artifacts were weird unnatural contraptions, made out of various materials - all of them located in a valley a few hundred miles away from Windystone.

Noting this up in my memory, we continued the conversations, until nightfall.

"Looks like we’ll have to go home in the dark." I said as I looked through a window. Mr. Pages has lit the candles all around the library, giving it an intimate look.

"Yeah... We should go before it gets even darker." Dawnie stared through another window, then she blinked and looked at Mr. Pages. "I really enjoyed talking with you again, Mr. Pages." She smiled at him.

"I'm looking forward to see you again, young one." He turned to me. "And I could show you some other things if you are still interested, Martin."

"Yeah, yeah, I would love to hear more info if I'm gonna be stranded here!" I smiled at him, then extended my right arm again. "Until next time, Pages!"

He snorted, then responded to my hoof-shaking offer. Smiling my courage to call him just Pages.

"Have a safe trip back home!" He said, then waved a goodbye.


Dawnie and I left the library, finding practically no one in the streets.
As we walked on the snowy road back to Dawnie's place, I noticed the sound of multiple foot-(or in this case hoof) steps.
Turning around my suspicion became true: a small gang of punk-like ponies were behind us, 20-30 meters away, giving us angry looks.

"I have a very bad feeling about this." I said and prepared myself.