• Published 5th Feb 2012
  • 4,255 Views, 335 Comments

Tear of a flower - Zephyr



A human got into Equestria with shatterd memories. He have to make his decision.

  • ...
9
 335
 4,255

Chapter Two: Past

I don't know what a regular man at my age would do. I mean, I was a bit 'special', if I’m even allowed to use that word.
And why? Because I had no life. No, seriously. All of my days were like this: get up, go to work, work, go home, gaming and surfing on the net till bedtime, sleep, then repeat.
And it went on, day after day, week after week, months, years...


I was nearly 29 when I arrived to this world. That means I've been on my own for more than 7 years.
Seven years of this, and I had no friends (not talking about a girlfriend) or anything.
Yes, as every gamer, I had some chat-partners via various programs, a clan for a certain game and so on.
But nothing more than that.
And why have I told you this?

Because I was a hopeless romantic. I’ve always dreamed of being loved by a girl, I’ve had dreams and fantasies... But if I had to act, I would be too timid and afraid of it, nothing could've happened ever.

This drove me to read stories, and comics, and somehow I drifted away into a special portion of the net.
I don't want to say names, but I shortly got into what is known as 'anthro'.

First time I was truely disgusted, but things are changing.



And that's why I was so acceptng of Violet when I met her, right in the first time. After being alone for almost decade, meeting someone who did the greatest thing I can think of, saving my life: it was enough to start the never used hormonic progresses.
And I arrived to the starting statement. I don't know what a regular man at my age would do.
My mind told me to get back where I belong. But my heart wasn’t.
My mind told me that it can't happen, she isn't even my species. My heart told me that love is universal.
My mind told me that I will regret this in so many ways. My heart told me a rhythmical sound. 'Beat! Beat! Beat!'
My mind was silent at that time.



And I was lying on that comfy bed, thinking about this, uncontrollably staring at Violet, feeling slightly weird inside.

-Chapter Two-
.:Past:.

"Sooo, can I get that soup?" I broke the silence that had fell on us after I began to think.

"Oh, sure." She was a bit surprised/perplexed, I thought that she had similar thoughts of her own.

She stepped back and turned to the bed-table, where the soup was waiting, still steaming.
Then she did the thing what made my eyes almost fell out of their place. Her horn had a dark-blue aura around it,
its color matching with her eyes. The same aura appeared on the bowl of soup and it flew off the table, in front of me.
I grabbed it by reflex, and stared at the now auraless bowl in disbelief.
The ache in my arms didn’t compare to the one in ym head, as my mind raced to find the answer to this physics breaking event.

"Uhm.. Martin, is something wrong?" She asked me. But I didn't hear her.

'This is impossible. IMPOSSIBLE! Even if she had a higher brain activity, or her species is special, generating a null-point-gravity field with a magic horn is impossible. Wait. What if this is the answer? Maybe this planet contains a rare chemical matter, like the element zero in Mass Effect?... But still...'

"Hellooo... are you here?" Violet asked, waving her right hoof before my eyes - no answer.

'...So that means that this whole unicorn-pony race is able to do psycho-kinesis or even more... Hmm, I wonder if they have pyro-kinesis too... '

Violet leaned closer to my face. I still stared the bowl of soup which was in my hands. I drifted off so much, my senses shut down and I wasn't able to see her purple maned head getting in my field of view.

'...That means her horn is the transmitter of her psychic powers, maybe an amplifier too... Alright, it IS possible.'

'Wait, something is out of place.' And with that my mind broke the drifting and my senses got online again.
I felt the warm bowl in my palms, smelled the soup, heard the ticking of the clock, and saw Violet's face inches
away from mine.

'What?'

As I focused my eyes on her, I noticed that she wasn’t looking into my eyes, she was looking below, below my nose... she was looking at my lips.

"Violet what are you doing?" I asked her, slightly startled by her 'sudden' appearance in my personal space, and the thought that she almost did something reckless.

"Wha...? Oh, I'm sorry, I just, I thought, you were-" She was blushing with embarrassment and she tried to hide it with her forehooves. I stopped her.

"Violet." She backed away but she remained on the bed and sat down. "I have two things to ask."

"Y-yes?" She still blushed and tried to hide behind her mane, I found it very cute.

"The thing you did with your horn was..." I tried to find a fitting word. "...was that magic?"

"Ye-yes, it was, but why do you ask? Your world doesn’t have magic?"

"Doesn't matter now." I sighed and frowned. The second question was a harder one and I already felt bad because of it. "The important here is that I have to know a certain thing."

She gave a questioning look.

"How long have you lived alone?" Simple question. Complicated consequences.

She blinked at me. Her eyes moved to look at my left then right one then left again. I honestly say that she went a bit more grey. Finally her surprised expression changed into a very sad, depressed one.
She looked down and I saw small droplets of tears forming in her eyes.

"Violet I'm sorry about this, I usually say the things I think, without even considering their meaning to the others, please forgive me, I-I will-" She stopped me with an almost inaudible answer.

"Eleven."

"What? Eleven what? Wait, you mean?..."

She nodded. That even beaten my 'record' and left me staring at her in sad astonishment and respect.

A single tear rolled down on her face, finishing its way on her chin, dropping down, leaving a circular mark on the blanket.

"Ohhh, Violet..." I put the bowl back on the table and leaned forward.
She lifted her head a bit and saw me leaning forward but did nothing against it - I hugged her.

'Wow, she IS soft, and warm, not like a pet dog or a plushie.. I wonder if a human girl feels the same...'

She accepted the hug and embraced me, still tearing. I felt the wet warmth of her tears on my neck as she pushed her face against mine. She held me tight, but not uncomfortable as she began to silently cry.

"It's alright, let it out..." I said and gently patted her back. In response, she tightened her hug.

A few minutes later she calmed down and broke the embrace.

"T-thank you Martin. I needed that..." I smiled at her and was about to answer, when she said something else, but I wasn't able to get it. "...And I need more..."

"Sorry? Can you repeat it?" She looked in my eyes. I saw that she was relieved by the previous cry, but she wasn't fully out of blue.
After a few seconds, she blinked and looked elsewhere, breaking the eye-contact.

"I-I think I will leave you alone now, eat the soup, you need it..."

She jumped off of the bed, making a clopping sound, then she trotted out of the room, closing the door with her
'magic'.

"Well, that was definitely weird. Alright, soup time!" I picked up the bowl again. "Oh, it's barely warm now. Well, whatever!" I said and began to consume it.

While eating the pretty tasty soup, I thought about the situation again.


'I can understand my case: sitting home forever alone...' I tried to mimic the famous meme. '... Hanging on the net and dreaming about... wWeird... stuff...' Mental images. Dirty ones. 'But 11 years of solitude really drives her to feel... this way to a completly unknown person, an alien in her view? Wow, she is REALLY lonely then...'

I began to hum the song 'Lonely' from Akon and slowly finished my meal.
As I ate, I looked at the door. And in that very moment, I realized that something was really out of place.

"WHERE ARE MY GLASSES???"


Before going more into the story, I feel I have to give you my description. I'm 6.07 feet tall, my weight is 71 kgs.

I'm a bit skinny, but nothing serious; I have light-brown hair, green eyes and a bit pale skin. Plus, I'm short-sighted, I can't see the things clearly if they are more away from me than the length of my arm.

As I mentioned before, I wore a black sweater with matching pants and with sport-shoes. My last memories from Earth was still shattered, or morely blurry, but I remembered that I used to jog - and that was my jogging equipment.
Answer for my not season fitting clothing.


My mind raced again - I had to find my glasses. Thinking about the last place where I was able to lose them led me to think about the missing memories of my last time back on Earth.
That ranked behind the problem of missing glasses.

'Why can’t I recall the things before waking up in the snow? What happened to me?'

My thinking was cancelled when Violet sprinted into the room, a frightened expression on her face.

"What happened? Martin? Are you alright?" She scanned my face, searching for a clue.

"I'm fine, but I lost my glasses... and partially my memories too."

"Oh, thanks to Celestia, I thought something awful happened... "

"Celestia? What?" She frowned and made a questioning expression. "Who-hoo, I'm from a different world..."

"Oh, right. Well, I can't help you with amnesia, but I found this in one of your pockets..."

She walked in front of the bed table, then 'magically' levitated my glasses out of the case of it.

"Ohhh, thank you!" She levitated the glasses in front of her, then she gently bit on them, holding them with her mouth.

"Uhm, what are you doing?"

She climbed up on the bed lying next to me a second later.

I gave her a suspicious and questioning look. She put my glasses on my chest and smiled at me.

"Aaaaal-riiight. Weird behavior rules..." I said and picked the glasses up. "Phew, still scratchless."

I would've examined my glasses for a bit more, but I saw something in the corner of my eyes.

"Violet stop staring me."