• Published 22nd Apr 2013
  • 813 Views, 17 Comments

Chaos Mark Crusaders: RotE Episode 8 - Dream Volt



The CMC and Discord. What could go wrong?

  • ...
1
 17
 813

Sweetie has cake

Rarity didn't believe me. I know a teleport when I see one. I may be just a little foal but I'm still a unicorn and Twilight teleports a lot. Yes it didn't make any sense, but neither did Applebloom flying around. But none of that was important right now. Something far more important was going on. The cauliflower didn't look that bad, especially covered in chocolate, but that wasn't the point.

"But Rarity, I don't want it for desert. Desert is cake, or ice cream, or even those fancy things that you serve sometimes, but it isn't just covering something we had for lunch yesterday in chocolate."

"Now really Sweetie. You like cauliflower, and this complaining is just silly."

"No it isn't. This is a bad desert."

Rarity sighed and turned away from me. I glared at it, and picked up the little glass dish. It almost looked like ice cream. I then shook my head. No, if I let her do this once without complaint then she might do it again. It will be chaos.

"This is the worst. Possible. Thing." I couldn't pull a whole couch anywhere, much less summon one from nowhere, so I just laid down on the chair.

Rarity turned back around. "As cute as that is, the answer is still no."

I sat back up. "Please."

"For the last time Sweetie…" Rarity's voice was going up again. "Excuse me." Then she turned around again. "I'm sorry, but you simply must eat the food in front of you."

"I would if was better."

Then suddenly there was a shimmer around the dessert and I lost my grip on it. It was now a huge white chocolate cake on a fancy silver plate. I smiled brightly, then ran over to hug Rarity. She looked down at me blinking.

"Were you not just…"

"You're the best sister ever. Thank you, thank you, thank you."

I then ran back to my seat, and hopped up. It was so close I was tempted to just start eating it right away, but there is no way Rarity wouldn’t be upset by that. And she was being really nice too, so I'd try to be my best with manners and make as little mess as I could. I quickly grabbed the knife and cut a slice, then levitated it to my plate, and even used a fork to eat it. It was really good. It was actually a dark chocolate cake with white frosting. I was a little worried I might be drooling, and that wasn't my best behavior at all, but it was so hard to care with such good cake in my mouth.

"Where did that come from?"

"Whuff rue mean…" I then covered my mouth with a hoof and finished chewing. "Sorry. I mean what do you mean? You made it. It's amazing. I knew Twilight was helping you but I didn't think you could do anything like that, and it's so tasty too. Don't you have to be really good at cooking too to make really good food with magic?"

"Not entirely. As long as a pony excellent at cooking creates a spell then…" Then she shook her head. "What an I saying, that isn't the point. I did not make this."

"You didn't?"

"No, furthermore I think I should be able to recognize a transfigured object thanks to Twilight's help and that most certainly is not one."

"But I saw it change right in front of me when I was lifting it."

Then I gasped. I spun around trying to catch my flank. I then calmed down and just looked at it, no longer spinning in a circle. There was no mark there.

"Awww. I guess I don't get a cake making cutie mark after all."

"Sweetie, weren't you the one that just asked me about making a tasty…" Rarity paused, staring at the cake. "Before we continue may I have a piece. I'm not convinced it's a good idea but I desperately want to try it."

"It's a really big cake." Then I glared. "Hay, this means you were going to make me eat the cauliflower as a desert, doesn't it."

Rarity wasn't looking at me, just nodded as she took her first bite of cake. She got this far off look in her eyes before they closed. Then I remembered my own cake piece and kept eating. It was so good. Rarity let out this little moan. She was smiling widely. Then she sort of jerked upward, standing up stiff and strait.

"Oh yes, of course. As tempting as it is to eat this entire cake we simply cannot."

"Can I at least finish this piece?"

"Yes, and maybe one more. Though leaving it more intact would be for the best." She cringed. "But it's such a marvelous cake. And yes you shouldn’t be able to make something this delicious without considerable effort and help."

"But I did it?"

"I think so, but I'm not sure. It has a residue of your magic on it for certain, but it doesn't seem like you did anything to it, but the residue suggests you did some real magic not just telekinesis. It's rather perplexing. I'm glad Twilight will be back tomorrow. I'm frankly out of my depth here."

"Oh, and we have to save the cake until then?"

She nodded. "Still, I'm sure one more slice couldn’t hurt, and it really wouldn’t be fair to you. I do think a mare should always try to watch her figure, and you've never complained about the low fat ice cream we often eat, but I ran out."

"So you thought cauliflower covered in chocolate was good enough?"

"Yes, I suppose any proper restaurant would never dare to call such a thing a proper desert, would they. Still, you should have eaten it anyway."

"But you're not mad."

"No dear. It is very hard to be mad at anything after a bite of this cake."

Then we both laughed. It was super good cake. Then I suddenly got a really super great stupendous idea.

"Oooo, we should make sure we don't eat anymore. I bet with enough left Pinkie could figure out how to make it herself."

Rarity blinked. "Yes, she just might. An excellent idea indeed. This seems like simplicity itself but…"

Then for a while neither of is said a word as we finished our current slices, and Rarity cut two more. She gave me the slightly larger piece. Then we started eating again, savoring each bite. I noticed even Rarity drooled just a little bit. I giggled for a second.