• Published 22nd Apr 2013
  • 813 Views, 17 Comments

Chaos Mark Crusaders: RotE Episode 8 - Dream Volt



The CMC and Discord. What could go wrong?

  • ...
1
 17
 813

Pinkie Belle

The voice never stops. It's endless in its desires. Candy, sweets, balloons, but most of all parties. It sounds like Pinkie but only I can hear it. It's a voice in my head. I keep changing things but it's never satisfied. The first day wasn't so bad, but each day gets worse and worse. I think I could see the other girls again by now, but I'm not sure how long it's been. I turned a bush into a large chocolate cake. I took a few bites, but knew it wouldn’t be long before I had to make something different.

"Sweetie. More balloons. And cake. Oooo, and streamers, never can have too many streamers. Have a party. Parties make everything better."

"But Pinkie they're all avoiding me. Just because I might have turned one pony into chocolate, they're afraid of me. Or was it the one I turned into icecream."

"What the hay are you talking about?" said Applebloom from somewhere nearby

"Oh silly filly, that doesn't matter. If there is nopony out there who wants to party, then just throw better parties until somepony shows up."

"Oh." I nodded. "I guess that makes sense."

"No it don't. Sweetie Belle are you okay?"

I looked in Applebloom's direction for the first time. She was really big. I guess the hallucinations are getting worse. I sighed.

"Hello giant Applebloom. Let me guess, you're going to tell me I need to throw an even bigger party right?"

"No ah ain't. Okay, something seems mighty wrong with you. Like yer got a screw loose."

"No, I just have Pinkie's voice in my head." I hung my head. "I'm not insane, she is."

"Ooo, I bet she'd make a great party ride. And you could hang streamers on her."

"Well it ain't like it's really Pinkie."

"It could be. She was in my head the same time as Discord, and he did something to her."

"Do ya mean literally?" Applebloom cocked an eyebrow "With them two I can't be too sure."

"I think so. I can look in my own head you know."

"We should serve chimmi cheri chongas. You know, I’m still not sure about that name, maybe just chimmi chongas, or maybe cheri chongas is better. Then again…"

"Then don't that mean that mean you could find that voice and just kick it out?"

"Oh, you're my best friend imaginary giant Applebloom."

"What ya mean by…"

I felt sleepy just like the last time. Then my head cleared for the first time in who knows how long. Oddly I was standing on Pinkie's pink fish blimp this time. Pinkie was on the other side of it a good number of hooves away. She got a great big smile on her face.

"Finally. I tried to make it stop, but I just couldn’t do it. I couldn't give you the idea any other way either. I thought I could manipulate the party center of my brain to send you a message, but that so didn't work."

"Pinkie, I don't think there is such a thing as a party center."

"Are you sure, cause I'm pretty sure about that. I sure don't think I'm wrong."

"Uh, well, I guess maybe at least you could have one, even if nopony else has one. What did Discord do anyway?"

"I dunno." She then giggled. "It's weird and fun being inside your head, but whatever he did made me all stuck. Not that I explain how I got here or how I know I'm traped, but trust me I totally am. Also I know I was hooked up to your thoughts somehow, and that's why you went all crazy pony."

"Maybe not exactly what you said, but somehow."

She nodded. "Yeppers. Now come on, we need to get out of here and your friends are in real trouble and need your help."

"My help?"

"Duh. Nopony else has the power to undo Discord's magic."

"So, how do I get you out of my head."

"You mean you don't know?"

I face hooved. Well at least this is better than Pinkie's voice constantly nagging me to do all sorts of strange things. I briefly wondered how a pony made entirely of streamers could hold together, much less move and such, but then tried to focus on the matter at hoof. I am a smart pony. I can figure this out.

"Well?"

"I'm not sure." I said "I need a way to pull you out but it's not that simple. It's not like you're physically in my head. I can't just reach in a hoof and pull you out."

"Ooo, sneezing. Sneezing might work."

"Pinkie, that doesn't make any sense. Lyra might not know quite as much about magic as Miss Twilight but…"

Then I remembered sense didn't matter. I looked out into the sky. It was that white near void of endless sheet music again. I still don't get that. I then focused and a scene appeared on the balloon of me slumped on the street, a pool of pink drool coming out of my mouth. Why was it pink? I then focused and willed a hoof to lift. It worked. I then had the hoof press against my ear and push. I pushed harder and harder until there was a great rumble and a giant white shape was suddenly touching the blimp. At this scale it barely even looked like a hoof, just a giant structure covered in white trees of some sort.

"Oooo. Neat."

"Uh, get on I guess. I wasn't really expecting that exactly but it looks like it will…"

"Okie dokie. Come on."

"Pinkie, I think leaving my own head might be a bad idea."

"Ohhhhhh." Then she nodded. "Maybe. Yea, I can see that. Okay, then see you soon."

Once she was among the forest of white I willed the hoof to come out. I didn't see Pinkie on it. Then I tried to wake up. I looked down at the very real puddle of pink, still not understanding the color. The voice was gone. I wasn't sure where Pinkie might be, but I she didn't seem to be in my head anymore. I sure hope she isn't, and it's somewhere safe. Now I need to go find out what's wrong with the others. Then I noticed the large number of things that were floating around Ponyville, including many ponies.

"Uh oh."

"So, is you feeling better now?"

I then looked up at the very real giant Applebloom. Yes, that is without a doubt a big problem. Rarity was right. In some cases fainting is the only reasonable action.