• Published 22nd Apr 2013
  • 813 Views, 17 Comments

Chaos Mark Crusaders: RotE Episode 8 - Dream Volt



The CMC and Discord. What could go wrong?

  • ...
1
 17
 813

Scootalight

Applejack, Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and some dark green unicorn stallion I didn't know the name of were sitting in the middle of the mess. The monster was now nothing but a pile of pulped apple all around and on them. Twilight collapsed to the ground, but unlike most times I saw her do big magic she didn't look that tired. She was probably just relived it worked.

"Well Twi, gotta say I'm really glad ta see ya." Said Applejack. "Almost as glad as when we figured out that weird critter didn't have no guts to digest nothing."

Twilight laughed. "Yes. Clearly it wasn't quite as dangerous as it appeared. But what I don't understand is where it came from."

Applebloom immediately said "Sorry." And looked down

"Now it's alright. Ain't your fault this whole mess got started, it's mine. Shoulda ground up them apples to begin with rather than just leaving em be like that. You made a mistake, but I made a bad situation worse."

"Sweetie Belle, come with me, you can get cleaned up at the library. And Scootaloo I see you there. You still need to stay apart, remember."

"Awww." I said

"Just go." Said Rarity "I assume you'll be going back to the farm you two?"

"What about me?" said the green stallion

"Oh, sorry sir." Twilight turned to the stallion. "Do you need any help?"

"Uh, I guess not."

"And we sure as the sun's gonna rise tommara have to get back home. Seems such a waste of apples though."

"I suppose." Added Rarity "Come on Sweetie Belle."

Everypony then went there separate ways. I was hiding behind some boxes hoping the monster wouldn’t see me, and it had worked. Though not with Twilight. I pulled out my scooter and continued what I was doing before I saw the thing. Namely riding around town at random in random directions. I had pulled of a few sweet tricks but I just wasn't quite into in today for some reason.

"Oh now wasn't that just wonderful? I mean a great deal of chaos and no one even really got hurt. Not my preference, but I know it's yours."

"Go away, I don't need you."

"No, but I could make things so much easier."

"It's just dumb advice like before, isn't it you…"

I turned around to see Discord as an even younger colt lazily flying through the air. I glared at him. He had to be doing it on purpose.

"Yes, quite the number she did on me yes. By the way, do you know why you're having so much trouble?"

"Oh like you know."

"Ah, but I do. Applebloom has the power to manipulate gravity and a few similar abilities, not you. You're just borrowing it so it's much harder to use."

"So we really got different bits of your powers?"

He nodded. "Yes. In fact some bits are utterly useless without others. That's the real reason they want you separated, because it limits you. It makes sure you can't be a threat to the usurpers that call themselves princesses. They're lying about that too ya know."

"I know about that." I blinked. "I mean the separating thing, not the other thing you said. That's the whole point. I don't want to be a threat to anypony."

Discord groaned. "Oh whatever. The point is I can help you. You can use each other's abilities to some extent, but that varies between you. I can help you guide it to do something a bit more permanent."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean with my help you can weight almost nothing. Being truly weightless is a bit much for you. Just enough that you can lift your own weight easily."

"Alright that sounds awesome I bet…" Then I frowned. "Wait, this is some sort of trick, isn't it?"

He shook his head. "Not at all. I have no doubt you'll soon find yourself a terrible flyer, constantly bumping into things and in all ways being a menace. I'm sure it will be terribly entertaining. So, what do you say?"

"Well you don't know anything. I'll be great. How do I know this isn't a trick?"

"Because dear girl you are ultimately going to do it yourself. I just act as a guide and focus since all three of you are linked to me."

"So, what do I do?"

"Just a single touch, then focus on what you want. As long as we're touching I can help you. Simple as that."

"Fine."

I finally stopped my scooter. Then I bit down on his tail, hard. The only reason I regretted it was because he tasted horrible. I then focused on what I wanted. To be lighter. To easily soar through the air. Nothing seemed to happen. I spit out his tail.

"Really, nothing?"

"It worked. You didn't even notice you were flapping those little wings, but it worked."

I gave it a try. I did feel lighter, and got of the ground, but it didn't seem like that big of difference. I sure wasn't as light as on the moon. I had to take a rest almost immediately and didn't even get that high.

"Hay, you said it worked."

"Well you clearly wanted it permanent. That can take time. It doesn't always, but it can. Trust me, you'll have no problem in a few days. Maybe even later today."

"Oh, well, uh…"

"Anyway, I must be off. Toodles."

Then he was gone, and I was left standing there with the strong feeling that was really, really, dumb. It was just so tempting. I don't think he can make stuff work I don't want to, but he just seemed a little too happy. I bet Sweetie Belle would have stopped me, or maybe Applebloom.