• Published 22nd Apr 2013
  • 813 Views, 17 Comments

Chaos Mark Crusaders: RotE Episode 8 - Dream Volt



The CMC and Discord. What could go wrong?

  • ...
1
 17
 813

Oopsaloo

Sweetie looked upset about us touring Cloudsdale without her until we asked her what she did. Her only answer was she had cake. It didn't sound very exciting at all, but she seemed to forget all about being mad at us after that. She also drooled a little. Applebloom figured out that if she just pretended like she was walking on the ground she would walk on the air so she didn't look half as silly anymore. It looked a little weird her running around up there, but it was okay. I mean I got to spend a whole day with Rainbow Dash and sort of fly because of her. I doubt Sweetie could top that anytime soon, even though this new idea of hers sounds neat.

"So we go around asking if anything else weird has happened?" I asked

Sweetie nodded. "Yep. And if we can figure this out…"

"We can git our cutie marks."

"Cutie Mark Crusader Detectives go!"

Then we slammed are hooves together like always. Well, maybe not always, but we did it a lot. There was a flash, and suddenly we were all on top of a pink cotton candy cloud just like the ones Discord made. We were also right over the center of Ponyville. Finally Sweetie Belle had wings like a bat, or I guess a dragon, on her back and Applebloom had antlers. My tail felt weird, and I turned around to see a long scaly green thing instead of my normal one.

"Ahhhhhhhh" we all screamed at once.

"Ah don't want antlers." She then lightly hit one and cringed.

"This tail is freaky." I yelled

"I kinda like these, even if they feel weird."

Applebloom and I both stared at her.

"What, I think Luna's guards look neat. Dark and mysterious."

"I guess having wings is awesome." I then looked at my tail. "But this isn't cool."

"Ah can feel them, but I bet they look even weirder."

I nodded. "They look really strange."

"We need to go tell Twilight."

Then Discord appeared in front of us. He did a hoof pump just like Rainbow Dash, but somehow made it uncool. Also he had all his fingers curled up for some reason. Though I guess with fingers it might not look right if you didn't do that huh? He then did a little dance in the air. It reminded me a lot of how Appplebloom was walking on the air earlier.

"Yes, yes, yes. I was right about you actually causing more chaos without my influence, since you're truly chaotic, and trying to drive you to chaos actually creates order."

"Yah mean that's why you ain't been bothering us?"

"Mostly. But now all bets are off. You three clearly really are the vessels of my power. Now all I have to do is take it back."

The smile he got was really creepy. I noticed Applebloom and Sweetie were cowering together so I hugged them too, to be comforting. I wasn't afraid or shaking like them at all. Then there was a flash on a nearby roof. Discord spun around immediately to face Twilight. She was glaring at him.

"I don't know how you're doing this, but you will stop."

"Oh I assure I've done nothing yet. It's all these adorably chaotic little tykes. Isn't that right girls."

"Ah don't know. Some mighty weird things been happening the last few days."

"Yea, Applebloom was totally flying for a while." I said

"I turned cauliflower into the perfect cake." Added Sweetie. Then she drooled again.

"Perfect cake?" I said, then blinked "Oh, and I think I teleported to Cloudsdale or something. I'm not really sure."

"Girls that doesn't make any…" Twilight then tilted her head to look at us and the cloud, then looked back at Discord. "…sense. But that isn't any fun, is it?"

Discord laughed. "You remembered. It warms the cockles of my hearts. Don't ask me how many I have. I've completely forgotten."

"Yah can forget how many hearts yah have?"

"So girls, has he really done nothing?" Twilight asked

"Yes, but he was about to." Said Sweeite

"Ah think he was gonna eat us so he could get his powers back." Bloom said "Do we really have 'em?"

"In a manner of speaking most likely." Twilight then smiled "Thank you for making that clear by the way"

Then Discord face hoofed. It looked even more pathetic with hands. Neat. "Clearly not my best idea ever, but no matter. You can't stop me from reclaiming what is mine."

Now Twilight laughed. "Don't you get it? I'm not sure how but this strongly suggests they're not just storing your magic, but to some degree absorbing it. It can't be entirely separate from you which worries me, but if they're beginning to use it you'll never be able to get it back because it's part of them." Twilight then blinked. "Somehow."

"You know nothing."

Then he vanished. After they let go of me I realized I'd comforted my friends enough. Twilight then teleported over to our cloud. She fell though it. It was a slow fall, but she still fell. I jumped off the cloud. The cotton candy didn't seem sticky at all. I flapped my wings to slow down, but it wasn't even that far. Twilight was hanging from bits of cloud which looked really sticky to me. She was also being covered in the white rain coming out of the cloud. Then Appblebloom jumped off the cloud and slammed into the ground. I guess the hovering thing wore off completely now. Sweetie was on top of her, and walked away dazed. Applebloom got up soon after. She just shook her head and started walking around. She had a big smile on her face.

"Whoo. I might want to try that flying thing again, once I figured out the sky walking thing is was kinda fun, but it's great to be back to normal."

"Other than the antlers?" I asked

"Oh, yea."

"It's white chocolate." Sweetie then put her head under the cloud with her mouth open.

"That's it." Twilight said. "We're going strait home and you're going to do your best to explain everything odd that's happened recently, no detail too small."

I was going to ask what she meant, but suddenly we were in the library. Twilight was dry, but her mane and tail looked really bad. Both were all weird and puffy. Probably because she somehow left all the water behind, and it did weird things for some dumb science reason. Then with a glow suddenly her mane and coat looked perfect.

"I guess I really do have need to fix my mane a great deal, and it can certainly save time in the morning. To think I almost insisted she didn't have to teach me anything in return."

"So, where do we start?" I asked

"I don't know. Anything strange that's happened, because as far as the girls can tell every other incident we think might have been caused by chaos magic was in the vicinity of you three, which suggests the tree isn't leaking at all, but you three are."

We all began talking at once. Twilight sighed and face hoofed. We all stopped, but I wasn't sure when I should start talking again.