• Published 22nd Apr 2013
  • 813 Views, 17 Comments

Chaos Mark Crusaders: RotE Episode 8 - Dream Volt



The CMC and Discord. What could go wrong?

  • ...
1
 17
 813

Bloom misses the floor

Discord was around way more often now, but he still hadn't done anything. I looked at the empty bed across from mine. It had always been empty until Sweetie came to visit. That had been fun. I then remembered what I was up here for and looked under my bed. The little toolkit Big Mac got me was right there, kicked under there again. I still don't get why he got it for me, it didn't seem like a very good present at the time, but I've sure been using it for our crusading a lot lately. I crawled under the bed, just barely fitting, and pulled out the little red box. I then took its handle in my mouth and started to gallop out of the room quick as I could, but then I tripped.

I was really dizzy, but I don't think I had crashed into anything. I then blinked. The room was upside down, and something else was wrong about it too. Also I felt weird. I then waved my hooves around frantically when I realized I couldn’t feel the floor. Not again. Then things began to shift slightly and I was looking at the ground. Wait. There wasn't anything in the room but my toolkit so there was no way I could be stuck again. I then checked myself over, and figured out nothing was holding me up at all, I was just floating in the middle of the room. I took a deep breath.

"Applejack, Ah need help."

I waited a moment, but there was no reply.

"Applejack. Help mah."

I think I heard some hoofsteps, but wasn't sure.

"Applejack something really weird is going on."

"Ah'm coming, ah'm coming. This better be important. Ah was double checking the inventory and yah made me lose mah place."

"It is, really."

I heard a sigh as she came in the room. She looked around, then down at my tool kit. Then she sighed even deeper.

"Please tell me you ain't stuck on the ceiling again."

"I thought so too, but swear I learned my lesson from last time."

"Then why exactly do I hear yer voice from…" Applejack looked up, he eyes widening. "Okay, ah gotta say this is important fer sure."

"What's happening?"

"Well Twi said the magic sealed in the tree might effect Ponyville somehow, possibly randomly, ah guess this is what she meant."

"You mean Discord's magic?"

"Yea. That no good varmint is nothing but trouble. Seems to me woulda been better for everypony if we just sealed him right back up in that statue of his."

"Yeah, he's a big meanie."

"Wait, he been bothering you cause…"

"No, but the last few days he has been following us around and laughing whenever our crusading goes bad enough."

"Oh." Applejack blinked. "Er, well ah don't like that but ah guess he ain't doing nothing."

"Can you git me down?"

"One sec little sis."

Applejack then took off her hat and pulled a fairly short bit of rope from it. It was just enough to make a decent lasso and real quick she lassoed me and pulled down. Then she blinked. I was a little confused and got more confused when she gave the rope slack and I went up. She then puled me down some and let me up again a few more times. Then she walked closer to the wall, and let out a little slack, and I drifted away from the wall.

"Well that's mighty peculiar. Oh well, time to get you looked at."

"What do you mean?"

"Ah mean ah want to make sure this ain't hurting you and if it doesn't go away right quick to get you some help."

Then Applejack just started walking out the room like I was some balloon. I thought I was going to hit the wall above the door, or at least the doorframe, but I moved away from it once I was close enough, like somepony was pushing me away. Huh?