• Published 5th Apr 2013
  • 4,442 Views, 633 Comments

Dueling is Magic! Many Futures - Wolfgang



When a man called the Black King threatens the balance across dimensions, Twilight and her friends must travel to Neo Domino City and battle for the fate of all worlds!

  • ...
10
 633
 4,442

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 29: Wrath of the King - “Demon Finisher!”

Dueling is Magic!
Many Futures

Chapter 29
Wrath of the King - “Demon Finisher!”

/*********************\

“Jester Lord, attack Jack directly!” shouted Yeager. Jester Lord laughed and threw six juggling balls at Jack, each one catching fire as it raced toward him.

Jester Lord
ATK/6000
LV 1

“I activate ‘Changing Destiny’!” said Jack. “This negates your attack and switches Jester Lord to Defense Mode, and it cannot change its Battle Mode as long as it’s on the field. In addition, you must choose an effect to apply: Either you gain half of Jester Lord’s Attack Points as Life Points, or I will take half of its Attack Points as damage.”

Two doors appeared before Jester Lord, one blue and one red.

“I have no intention of relenting on you, Jack Atlas,” Yeager said. “I choose to inflict three thousand points of damage to you!”

The red door opened and the Jester laughed as he ran through, throwing juggling balls at Jack and then kneeling.

Life Point Count
Jack: 2000
Yeager: 4000

“If you think it’ll be easy to beat me after this, Jack Atlas, you are sorely mistaken,” Yeager said. “I activate the Continuous Trap, ‘Late Penalty’! If you have no monsters on the field during your Standby Phase, you cannot conduct your Battle Phase that turn. Your turn.”

Jack drew. “I Set two cards and end my turn,” he said.

“Sacrificing another turn, are we?” Yeager said as he drew. “Your funeral then. ‘Shard of Greed’ now has two Greed Counters, so I will send it to the Graveyard to draw two cards from my deck. After that, I’ll Special Summon ‘Jester Confit’ and end my turn.”

Jester Confit
ATK/0
LV 1

“My turn,” said Jack. “During the Draw Phase, I activate ‘Powerful Rebirth’ and Special Summon ‘Power Breaker’ from the Graveyard. Powerful Rebirth increases its Attack and Defense Points by one hundred, and its Level by one.”

Power Breaker
ATK/2000
LV 5

“Did you forget that I also control ‘Tuning Barrier’?” said Yeager.

“I did not, nor does it concern me,” said Jack. “By sending one of your face-up Trap Cards to the Graveyard, I can Special Summon ‘Trap Eater’ from my hand.”

A blue portal appeared below “Imperial Custom”. Jack’s monster emerged from within and swallowed the Trap whole. The creature was a hideous purple blob of skin with large eyes and horns, and a mouth that made up half of its body.

Trap Eater
ATK/1900
LV 4

“I activate the Trap ‘Discord’! While I control this card, neither of us can Synchro Summon,” said Yeager as another of his face-down cards revealed itself. “You may as well end your turn, Jack.”

“Synchro Summoning was never my intention for this turn,” said Jack.

“I get it!” said Twilight. “At the end of the turn, Jester Confit’s effect will return one of Jack’s monsters to his hand. If Yeager returns Power Breaker, Jack can resummon Red Dragon Archfiend if he can get around Discord. But if Yeager returns Trap Eater to hand, he’ll lose another Trap Card.”

“That’s why he was called the King,” said Leo. “Except for Yusei and the King of Games, Jack was the best duelist in the world.”

“The King of Games?” said Twilight. “Wait, Yusei told me about him once! Yugi Muto, right? Yusei said he was the best duelist that ever lived.”

“He was right,” said Leo. “But don’t underestimate Jack.”

“Looks like Yeager already did,” said Applejack.

“I end my turn,” said Jack. “Time to choose, Yeager. Which will it be? Power Breaker, or Trap Eater?”

“I’m not going to let you feed another of my Traps to that monster,” said Yeager. “Jester Confit and Power Breaker return to our hands.”

The two monsters vanished from the field. Jack smirked.

“My turn,” said Yeager. “At the end of this turn, Tuning Barrier will be sent to the Graveyard. Waste not, want not. I activate ‘Magical Planter’. This lets me draw two cards in exchange for sending a Continuous Trap that I control to the Graveyard.” Yeager’s “Tuning Barrier” card vanished from the field, and Yeager himself drew two new cards from his deck.

“I Special Summon ‘Jester Confit’ to the field and Set three cards face-down. That ends my turn.”

“My turn,” said Jack. “Since I have a monster on the field, I can conduct my Battle Phase. And since you no longer have Tuning Barrier, I can attack this turn!”

“Is that right?” said Yeager with a chuckle. “I activate ‘Tuning Barrier’ and ‘Summon Limit’! Now you can’t attack, and neither of us can perform more than two summons each turn!”

Jack smiled. “A clown is always a fool,” he said. “I activate ‘Trap Pause’! The effects of your face-up Continuous Traps are negated during this turn, and I can draw one card for each of them.” Jack drew four cards as Yeager’s “Summon Limit”, “Tuning Barrier”, “Discord” and “Late Penalty” cards turned to stone.

“What the-?!” said Yeager.

“I summon ‘Power Breaker’ to the field!” said Jack. “Level Four Trap Eater, tune with the Level Four Power Breaker!”

The purple mouth with eyes belched forth four stars and its body was destroyed. The stars drew rings that encircled Jack’s “Power Breaker”. Its body was stripped away and the remaining stars moved into a line.

“The pulse of the king now forms a line here!” Jack chanted. “Take witness to its creation-shaking power! I Synchro Summon my very soul, ‘Red Dragon Archfiend’!”

Emerging from the light once again was Jack’s Ace monster. The mighty dragon snarled as jets of flame erupted from the sides of its mouth. It roared and shook the entire room.

Red Dragon Archfiend
ATK/3000
LV 8

“Red Dragon Archfiend is back,” said Twilight.

“Yeah, but Jack won’t stop there,” said Rainbow Dash.

“What makes you say that?” asked Rarity.

“Just before our duel got interrupted, he was about to summon something else,” Dash explained. “I didn’t get a chance to see it then, but I might get to see it now. Besides, Jack’s too angry to let anything Yeager’s done slide. He’s going to end it now.”

“I wish they wouldn’t,” muttered Pinkie.

“Wouldn’t what, Pinkie?” asked Twilight.

“I wish they wouldn’t fight like this,” she said. “Yusei said that dueling someone makes them his friend... dueling is supposed to be fun! It’s not supposed to be for this!”

Pinkie sniffed. Tears streamed down her cheek.

“Pinkie, Yeager is dueling Jack to teach him a lesson,” said Twilight. “He hit you and he had no right to do that.”

“But this isn’t how it should happen! It’s not how any of it should happen! It’s not right, none of it is!”

“Pinkie-”

“Jack! Yeager! Please, stop this! Jack, I forgive you for hitting me, and I’m sorry if I made you angry, just please stop!”

“This doesn’t concern you, pony,” said Jack. “This duel has been a long time coming. I have had the mind to put this scheming, bumbling idiot in his place for a long time. His place is beneath the feet of the King!”

“Yeager, please!”

“I’m sorry, Pinkie Pie, but Jack is right about this,” Yeager said. “This duel was always going to happen. Jack has gone too far this time. He forgets HIS place. He was once the King... once. He hasn’t been for a long time. And he forgets that it was only through me and Director Goodwin that he ever gained the title in the first place.”

“Can’t you two just talk about this?” Pinkie pleaded. “Please, you don’t have to do this! If you two want to duel, then that’s fine, but not like this!”

Yeager closed his eyes for a moment, then looked up at Jack. “It’s still your turn, Jack.”

Jack nodded. “I activate ‘Red Dragon Vase’. If I control ‘Red Dragon Archfiend’, I can draw two cards from my deck. Next, I Special Summon the Tuners ‘Red Nova’ and ‘Creation Resonator’ from my hand. ‘Red Nova’ can be Special Summoned if I control ‘Red Dragon Archfiend’, and ‘Creation Resonator’ can be Special Summoned if I control a Level Eight or higher Synchro Monster.”

The first monster that appeared was a small human-like creature with flowing maroon hair and great red wings. The second resembled many of the other “Resonator” monsters: A short creature wearing blue robes and a winged helmet, and holding a tuning fork and mallet in its hands. On the monster’s back was an enormous fan with blue blades and pale blue wings coming out of the stem.

Red Nova
ATK/0
LV 1

Creation Resonator
ATK/800
LV 3

“You’re wrong, Yeager,” said Jack. “I never forgot. Every day, I knew in the back of my mind that it was you and Goodwin who gave me a way out of the Satellite. With every battle, I knew that I was only there because I took an opportunity that you offered me. The sources of my power have always come from others. But I don’t need others anymore. I no longer need you, Yeager. I don’t need you, or Goodwin, or Yusei, or the Crimson Dragon! The power that I wield is power that I’ve taken for myself!

“Level One ‘Red Nova’ and Level Three ‘Creation Resonator’, Double Tune with the Level Eight ‘Red Dragon Archfiend’!”

Rings of fire burst from Jack’s monsters and encircled his dragon at four angles, then began spinning to form a flaming cocoon as it curled up within the blaze.

“The King and the Devil, here and now shall become as one. A raging soul! Lift up the very cries of creation itself! Synchro Summon! Come forth, ‘Red Nova Dragon’!”

Ivory claws and black skin tore through the fire. Crimson armor rested on the hide of a mighty, four-winged dragon, displaying endurance and unbridled power. Great red horns flowed away from the sides of its head and down beside its jowls. A long red crest stretched up and back from its head. Its long, thick tail waved behind it, a red axe-shaped club gleaming at the end. The dragon roared long, loud and deep as it clenched fire in its claws.

Red Nova Dragon
ATK/3500
LV 12

“Red Nova Dragon’s effect,” Jack continued. “For every Tuner monster in my Graveyard, it gains five hundred Attack Points!”

Red Nova Dragon
ATK/6000
LV 12

“First Yeager summons Jester Lord with six thousand Attack Points, and now Jack is matching him!” said Twilight.

“Whoa... is that what I would’ve faced if we’d kept going?” said Rainbow Dash.

“That is correct, Rainbow Dash,” said Jack.

“If you think that overgrown salamander can defeat me, you’re as short-sighted as ever, Jack Atlas,” said Yeager.

“Wait a minute, something’s not right here,” said Leo.

“You’re right,” said Luna. “Jack didn’t use Burning Soul!”

“What’s Burning Soul?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“Burning Soul is the power Jack used to get Red Nova Dragon in the first place,” said Leo. “He sealed the strongest Earthbound Immortal into a card and gave its power to Red Dragon Archfiend. He uses it every time he Synchro Summons ‘Red Nova Dragon’.”

“What do you think it means?” asked Twilight.

“I don’t know,” said Luna. “But I don’t think it means anything good.”

“I activate ‘Double Summon’, which grants me a second Normal Summon this turn. I will use it to summon the Tuner monster ‘Force Resonator’,” Jack continued. “By sending this card to the Graveyard from the field, you can’t activate cards or effects that target Red Nova Dragon while it’s attacking. And as I said, ‘Force Resonator’ is a Tuner monster, which means Red Nova Dragon gains an additional five hundred Attack Points!”

“A fool rushes into battle, Jack,” said Yeager. “I activate the Trap Card ‘Taunt’. Now if you attack at all, you must attack ‘Jester Lord’.”

Jack grit his teeth. The kneeling Jester waved his hand and pulled it towards him, goading Jack into attacking him. “Red Nova Dragon, attack Jester Lord!” Jack ordered. Fire erupted from the dragon’s maw and consumed the thin court jester.

“I Set two cards face-down and end my turn,” said Jack.

“During your End Phase, Jester Confit’s effect activates,” said Yeager. “Confit returns to my hand, and Red Nova Dragon returns to your Extra Deck!”

“I was prepared for this,” said Jack as his dragon vanished. “I activate ‘Descending Lost Star’. This resurrects a Synchro Monster in my Graveyard by reducing its Defense Points to zero and its Level by one.”

Jack’s “Red Dragon Archfiend” reappeared on the field, its arms and wings crossed in front of its body.

Red Dragon Archfiend
DEF/0
LV 7

“My turn,” said Yeager. His Trap Cards returned to their violet forms. “I activate ‘Magical Planter’ and send ‘Discord’ to the Graveyard to draw two cards. Next, I summon ‘Jester Queen’ to the field!”

A voluptuous woman with gray skin emerged from a portal. She wore green leggings and a maroon leotard. Bright pink ribbons laced their way around her legs, ending in large bows on her hips. Her shoulders were covered in large feathers topped with a ruffled gold collar, and her neck and was wrapped in gold bands. Her green hair was tied back with a red and pink bow.

Jester Queen
ATK/800
LV 2

“Jester Queen’s effect activates,” said Yeager. “When she is Normal or Special Summoned, she destroys all Spells and Traps that I control.” The remaining Trap Cards on Yeager’s field shattered like glass and vanished.

“What’d he go and do that for?” asked Applejack.

“I Set two cards face-down and activate the Continuous Spell ‘Hidden Passage’. If the Attack Points of all monsters I control are less than that of your weakest monster, one monster I control can attack you directly. In addition to that, Jester Queen can attack once for each Spell or Trap Card that I control if she is the only monster on my field.”

“If Yeager’s attacks go through, that will be twenty-four hundred points of damage,” said Rarity. “Jack will lose!”

“Yeager, that’s enough!” cried Pinkie. “Don’t do this!”

Yeager ignored her. “Battle! Jester Queen, direct attack!” The strange woman leapt into the air and conjured a large, bright yellow ball in front of her, then threw it at Jack.

“I activate the Trap Card ‘Red Carpet’!” said Jack. “If I control a Dragon-Type Synchro Monster, I can Special Summon two ‘Resonator’ monsters from my Graveyard. Come, ‘Dark Resonator’! ‘Force Resonator’!”

Dark Resonator
ATK/1300
LV 3

Force Resonator
ATK/500
LV 2

“Now that Jack has a weaker monster than Yeager, he can’t attack directly,” said Twilight. “If he wants to use Hidden Passage’s effect, he’ll have to destroy ‘Force Resonator’, and it still won’t be enough to defeat Jack this turn.

“I activate ‘Urgent Tuning’!” Jack said. “This card allows me to Synchro Summon during the Battle Phase. Level Three ‘Dark Resonator’ and Level Two ‘Force Resonator’, Double Tune with my Level Seven ‘Red Dragon Archfiend’!”

“What’s he doing?!” said Spike. “He could have survived all three of Yeager’s attacks!”

“The Devil is tamed and his power taken, my servant shall roar as the fires of Hell! Synchro Summon! Rise from the inferno, ‘Red Nova Dragon’!”

Fire flooded the room and Jack’s mighty dragon stood up from the flames. They liked at its blackened hide and formed the shape of its crimson armor as the beast roared.

Red Nova Dragon
ATK/6500
LV 12

“Wide open again, Jack!” Yeager jeered. “Jester Queen, continue your attack on Jack’s Life Points!”

The yellow ball crashed down in front of Jack and exploded. Wind pushed against Jack, his white coat flying behind him.

Life Point Count
Jack: 1200

“Jester Queen, attack again!” Yeager shouted. The woman created another ball and threw it at Jack. It crashed into his chest and exploded with a flash. Jack stood firm.

Life Point Count
Jack: 400

“Jester Queen, end this now!” Yeager said.

“Jack!” cried Pinkie.

“Red Nova Dragon’s effect activates!” Jack announced. “During my opponent’s turn, I can remove it from the game. During the turn that I do so, I can negate one attack!” Red Nova Dragon caught the yellow ball in its clawed hand and crushed it. Fire shot up from beneath its feet and it disappeared in the flames. The dragon’s shoulders shook and a series of deep growls rumbled in its throat.

“Is it... laughing?” said Twilight.

“I don’t like this,” said Leo.

“You haven’t escaped yet, Jack,” Yeager said. “I Special Summon ‘Jester Confit’ from my hand, and then equip it with my face-down ‘Spirit Burner’. When the equipped monster returns to my hand and ‘Spirit Burner’ is sent to the Graveyard, you take six hundred points of damage. I end my turn!”

“During the End Phase, ‘Red Nova Dragon’ returns to the field,” said Jack. The red dragon reappeared in a burst of flame. “My turn!”

“Continuous Trap, ‘Spirit Barrier’, activate!” Yeager said. “While I control a monster, I take no Battle Damage!”

“Yeager has Jack pinned now,” said Twilight. “Jack only has ‘Red Nova Dragon’ on the field. If he attacks ‘Jester Confit’, he’ll avoid taking damage from Spirit Burner’s effect, but then Jester Queen can attack him directly next turn with Hidden Passage’s effect.”

“Can’t Jack just negate the attack?” Spike asked.

“He can negate one attack, Spike,” Twilight pointed out. “Since Yeager has ‘Spirit Barrier’ and ‘Hidden Passage’ on the field, ‘Jester Queen’ can attack twice.”

“So he should destroy ‘Jester Queen’?” Rainbow Dash asked. Twilight shook her head.

“If he does that, then ‘Jester Confit’ will return to Yeager’s hand when Jack ends his turn, and ‘Spirit Burner’ will inflict six hundred damage to him. The only way out of this is to destroy both Jesters.”

“You were nothing without another’s power, Jack Atlas,” Yeager said. “It was I who led you out of the Satellite, it was Goodwin who set you up on the throne of Neo Domino City’s Turbo Duel circuit. It was the Crimson Dragon who gave you the strength to fight the Earthbound Immortals, and it was Yusei who gave you a reason to fight even after you were defeated. Now here you are, relying on your own power, and look what it’s gained you: Another defeat!”

“That is where you are wrong, Yeager,” said Jack. “I predicted this outcome the moment you chose the effect of ‘Changing Destiny’. I knew you would try to use ‘Jester Queen’ to defeat me, and I knew you would rely on ‘Imperial Order’ to keep your other cards safe so you could attack four times to compensate for Red Nova Dragon’s effect. Everything I have done has been to this end.”

“You manipulated yourself into your own defeat,” Yeager countered.

“Wrong, Yeager. I took a chance, and it payed off. Let me show you how strong I can be! I summon ‘Dark Bug’ from my hand!” A mess of cubes and spidery legs emerged from a portal. The blue circle remained and a thin line shot out of the back of the strange creature. “When Normal Summoned, ‘Dark Bug’ allows me to Special Summon a Level Three Tuner monster from my Graveyard. Come, ‘Dark Resonator’!”

Dark Resonator
ATK/1300
LV 3

Dark Bug
ATK/100
LV 1

Red Nova Dragon
ATK/6000
LV 12

“What the- impossible!” said Yeager. “Th- that- that’s-!”

“Dark Bug! Dark Resonator! Attack ‘Jester Confit’ and ‘Jester Queen’!” The black insect jumped into the air and pointed all of its legs straight down, skewering ‘Jester Confit’ like a many-pointed dagger. Jack’s Resonator slammed its mallet into the tuning fork in its other hand and waves of sound blasted out toward ‘Jester Queen’ and destroyed her.

“You have no monsters to protect you anymore, Yeager,” Jack said. “Tell me, clown: Do you feel fear?”

“Wh-wha...?” Yeager stammered. He shook his head and glared at Jack. “I don’t fear a spoiled brat like you, Jack Atlas!”

“Let’s fix that, shall we?” Jack said. A crimson glow appeared around Jack and fire rose from beneath the feet of the dragon as it took to the air. Flames spilled out of the sides of its mouth from between its teeth, racing behind it as it flew upward. “Red Nova Dragon, attack Yeager directly! Devil Finisher!”

Red Nova Dragon fell, spinning as it did, a whirlwind of fire wrapped around it. The dragon roared and opened its mouth wide as it descended onto Yeager.

The explosion shook everyone and everything in the room.

Yeager lay on the floor, staring up at the ceiling.

Life Point Count
Jack: 400
Yeager: 0

Jack’s Duel Disk shut off, the whirring of the Momentum inside dying down.

“I have always deserved to be King,” said Jack. “Circumstances did not favor me at first, but you and Goodwin changed that. I grew stronger as the years passed. Now, I no longer need your schemes or Goodwin’s influence. I don’t need support from others or the mystic powers of benevolent gods. I control the most fearsome Earthbound Immortal that ever existed, and I don’t need the Crimson Dragon to do it.”

Jack walked toward the doors.

“And I don’t need any of you,” he said. “I will defeat the Black King myself.”

“Jack...” said Pinkie. He pushed against the doors and walked through them. Pinkie ran after him, but stopped when the doors slammed shut in front of her. She sat down and hung her head.

Her sobs could be heard in the farthest corners of the cafeteria.

/*********************\

Next time on Dueling is Magic! Many Futures

Jack has left the resistance and departed for KaibaCorp. Tower. As he rides toward the looming spire, he encounters Crow. Despite his orders from Yusei, Crow refuses to duel Jack in his current state. Jack, deciding that Crow is no longer worth his time, continues to the tower, and into the darkness...

Chapter 30

The Throne in the Abyss

/*********************\

Featured Card

Red Nova Dragon
DARK
Level 12
Dragon/Synchro/Effect
2 Tuners + "Red Dragon Archfiend"
This card gains 500 ATK for each Tuner monster in your Graveyard. This card cannot be destroyed by the effects of your opponent's Spells, Traps, or monsters. When your opponent's monster declares an attack: You can target the attacking monster; banish this card, and if you do, negate the attack. During the End Phase: Special Summon this card that was banished by this effect.
ATK/3500
DEF/3000

Author's Note:

There's gotta be a way to format these notes the way they used to be, because now it looks weird and bulky and I don't like it.

Anyway, here you go. We all knew Jack was going to win, though. But now we have a whole new storyline to explore. This will lead up to that duel I've been promising you guys. No other duels in between, I promise. But I AM going to stall with the next chapter so I have time to write it.

Besides, I think it would be interesting to see things through Jack's eyes.

I hope you guys enjoyed the duel. Once I got it right, I was right pleased with it.

PreviousChapters Next