• Published 24th Mar 2013
  • 1,380 Views, 12 Comments

Celestia's Daughter - Splodge Inks



I made an OC and I wish to put use to her. This is a story Celestia's daughter, on a mission to find her father.

  • ...
9
 12
 1,380

Princess Stardust

My name is Princess Stardust. I wasn't actually meant to be here as Celestia, my mother, doesn't really have time for children. I am an Alicorn. I was born with a wavy mane which is really weird, because you are meant to have it when you are fully grown up, but my mother had the same, born with a flowing mane. It's the same thing with my mane colours. It's a dark blue with white stars that stream to the bottom, instead of colours. I'm also another Element of Harmony. It's a strange one, to me. The Element of Wisdom. I didn't think I'd be very wisdom-y, because I think I'm not as smart as Twilight Sparkle. But I came top of class too.

I don't know who my father is. I always worry about it. I sometimes panic, thinking it is a bad guy. My coat is jet black, so when I saw King Sombra I had a heart attack. 'No, Stardust,' Mum would say. 'King Sombra isn't your father. I'm not like that.'

I often resorted to asking Auntie Luna. I thought because she really loved me, she would give in and tell me. But of course, she said the same thing. 'What? Where did you get THAT idea from?'
'Well, I thought I looked like him, so here I am.'
'It isn't true. I'm not meant to tell you, you know that.'

So then I would try Candace. Only to find out she had no idea who my father was anyway, so it was no use asking her. I went to the library. I searched through the thousand books. Myth books, History books, Royal Family books. And I found nothing. Or "The father is unknown" blah blah blah. When I am at Ponyville, I get Twilight to stare through her books, but then she'd say, 'Look, Stardust, see? I've flicked through all my books for the 10,000th time, and no word saying who your father is have magically appeared!'

I then almost died when I remembered Discord. Imagine, Discord, a father. MY father. Ew. It's a thought never to be thought of, to be honest. Mum used to tell me the story of how she defeated Discord with her sister when I was young. I loved the story so much and I always got her to tell me it as a bedtime story. But I don't think Mum would have anything to do with Discord. Auntie Luna was Nightmare Moon back then. When Mum told me about her I asked "Where is she now? I want to see her!" But Mum said it would be best not to see her. The first time I actually saw auntie Luna was at the Sun Raising festival. I told Twilight she was crazy, thinking a mare would come down from the moon. But there auntie Luna was. Auntie Luna just laughed when I told her my theory of Discord being my father.

I then thought it must just be a simple pony. Unicorn, Pegasus, or Earth. But Mum said she couldn't tell me. I said,
'Oh, well... THEN IT MUST BE DISCORD!'
'What? No, you silly filly, Discord, you're father! Ha!' She said mockingly. I thought she said it strangely though. So it's always a possibility. I flew around the whole of Equestia thinking if I ask as many people, one might say "Oh yes, Princess Stardust! Your father is..." But of course, it never happened. My friends said I should just give up. Well, all apart from one. Another secret Element of Harmony. The Element of Inspiration. Splodge Inks. The book author. She was BORN an Alicorn. Which is impossible. The media, the world and my mother came to see this strange foal. She told me it's because her mum is a Unicorn and her dad is a Pegasus and she kinda just got the two things mushed together to create her.

I haven't given up... yet. My friends see that, and help me anyway they can. But we have never came to a conclusion. There is a giant possibility of ponies. It's just an unknown fact. But my father will be awesome! Well, if he isn't Discord. Or King Sombra. Or any bad guys.

I don't see why Mum wants to keep this a secret. Do I not get to know who my own Father is?! I even snooped around Mum's room and found my Birth Certificate. "Father: Unknown". Well, that was unexpected. I thought she would tell the Hospital who my own Father is, but NO! I just don't get it. Is she ashamed? It must be a bad guy. It MUST be! This is the reason!

Discord wouldn't make a good dad. Being Chaotic nightmare all the time. I have freckles on my nose and Discord said he had "Always admired my freckles." and I said "Well, that's because you are a weirdo!". Liking someone for their freckles, that's random. They are MEANT to be a sign of beauty. So Discord thinks I shouldn't have them, I should think. I now officially don't like him.

I can't find any books at book stores about anything that I think I should be able to find my Father is in. I can't find anypony I can squeeze any information out of, because I am a Princess. Auntie Luna gave me the power of raising the stars for her. So I am Princess of the Stars and Wisdom (or Thought). Maybe my Dad had something to do with the Stars... Starswirl the Bearded? No. He is an old man. I pretty sure he's dead, or something. I don't know. Why can't Mum or Auntie Luna just TELL ME?! I always thought my Father is out there. And I'm sure he is. It's just, WHERE is he?

Author's Note:

OK, this is my first story. I'm not promising anything, but if you do so enjoy and think I should carry on, please tell me in the comments! I also accept if you dislike it or something. But please, don't just insult me. Bye!
P.S
My user name is Splodge Inks, yes. She is my Ponified me and I just thought "Well, I could add her too..." into my story, so that's why she is there.