• Published 13th Mar 2013
  • 3,548 Views, 62 Comments

Harmony of the moon - Alchemystudent



Usagi Tsukino, wakes up to find herself a pony and in Equestria with her friends by her side. A new adventure for our bunny begins here

  • ...
6
 62
 3,548

Study Hall! A discussion of myths in the twilight

Study Hall!? Talks of Myths Under the Setting Sun.

A relatively sombre silence settled within the old library, save for the flipping of pages of books that would periodically spring up from two very studious ponies. As Twilight began to read further in her, “Multidimensional Theorem and Other Anomalies by Passing-Through Rider” book, she would look up at times at the blue earth pony in front of her. She had to admit, there was something to admire about her, the way that she could go for just as long as she could in studying multiple books at a time. Smiling, she turned her head back to the book and began to read more.

Across from her, the blue earth pony would continue to read her book, “Myths of Equestria”, having already read up on the culture, races, lifestyle, the magic, the music, and at least three other subjects about Equestria. From time to time she would also look up from her book to look at the statuesque Twilight. She had to chuckle softly to herself at their similarities, noting that it seemed like neither one of them had left the library since her and her friends arrival in this world. She admired the unicorn’s ability to lose herself within a book at any given moment, almost as bad as she could. Turning back to her book, she almost turned the page with her hoof instead of her snoot. Realizing her mistake, she put down her hoof and instead flipped the page with her snoot. As she read the next entry in the book, the title caught her eye, “The Tale of Nightmare Moon.” Her eyebrow arched in intrigue about such myths and began to read intently.

A little phoenix chick fluttered and landed next to a purple dragon as he began to chew on a quartz crystal. The little hatchling looked up to the dragon and chirped a few times as he hopped. The dragon looked down at the little bird and leaned down to whisper, “Don’t worry, Peewee, they haven’t been struck by a cockatrice. They are just very, very, motionless... although, I am having a problem remembering if they are statues or not,” Spike said as he continued to munch.

The little bird then let out a few more chirps, as if he was asking a question.

“Oh no, there is no way to break them out of this. Watch,” Spike stood up and slowly pushed a book off a shelf. Almost instantly, Twilight grabbed the book with her magic and put it back in its spot without looking, “See, nothing I can do will break them out of this. They are doomed to become ‘Book Statues’, to be used by future pony generations as museum exhibits.”

“Funny, Spike,” Twilight said as she continued to read.

“But,” Spike leaned in to whisper in the ear of the little bird, “I know how they are going to be saved from such a bad thing. Watch.”

Just above the heads of the two readers, were two ponies. One, a pink earth pony with a poofy mane, and the other a white unicorn with a most unusual hairstyle. From above on their little perches they viewed their targets with sinister grins. Pulling out a couple of slips of paper, they subtly dropped the paper onto the open books. Twilight looked at the dropped paper and began to read, “‘The outside misses you, Twily. As revenge for making the outside sad, you will be visited by the pillow beasts,’” Twilight arched an eyebrow as she looked over to Ami, who read a similar note.

“Pillow beasts? I don’t remember reading that in a bestiary,” Ami said as she put the letter down.

Twilight’s eyes opened in utter horror,” MOVE!” but it was too late for them as they were bombarded by a horde of pillows.

“There will be more incoming until you two get out,” Usagi said, pillow trapped by her magic.

“I’ll have a cupcake waiting for you, if you do,” Pinkie said with a smile while the grandmother of all pillows was above her head for another strike.

“Ok, ok I get the message!” Twilight said as she moved the pillows away with her magic.

Ami got up from her position, chuckling softly as she walked with Twilight to the door, “Is your friend always this... impulsive?”

“Only when she and the others think I have been stuck here too long and get worried about me,” Twilight said, walking out the door.

Ami nodded, knowing all too well the feeling of her friends reminding her that she needs to go out and live a life once in awhile. She sighed and smiled at those memories, they always did seem to bring out the best in her. Walking out of the library the two began to head towards a small hill with a tree at the center that laid just ahead of Twilight’s home. As they walked, Ami began to take in the sights and sounds of the bustling small town, each pony doing their day to day tasks or beginning to close up with the leaving of Celestia’s sun and the coming of Luna’s moon. The blue maned pony took a deep breath of the town air and allowed it to fill her body, the peacefulness of the town seemed to calm not only her, but her friends as well. This made their appearance in this town all the weirder as it didn’t seem to have any real need of them, or a need to be protected beyond a small disturbance once in awhile. The earth pony took a look towards a small river under a bridge that she and Twilight crossed and noted that even that seemed to be calm and serene. Overall, it just felt unusual to her to be there.

Within a few minutes the two ponies reached the hill with a tree and sat under the shade as the sun began to set. Watching the sun set, Twilight looked over to her new friend. It hadn’t been that long since the blue mare had begun to live with her, but she had already began to note some interesting similarities between them beyond just books, “You know Ami,” Twilight said, “ you seem the most out of place in your little group of friends.”

Ami looked at Twilight, lower her head a little in shyness, “I... do?”

“Well, just a little. I mean, Minako is brash and athletic, Usagi is like a blonde Pinkie, Rei is calm and relaxed, and Makoto is a brawler. You don’t seem like you fit in with mares like that,” Twilight said.

Ami began to think about her small circle of friends and how unique they were and then gave out a little sigh, “I guess you’re right, I am a little from all nine of them.”

“Nine? You mean there’s four more out there?” Twilight asked.

“Well, I can’t be entirely sure if they followed us here, but yes there are four more of us. Haruka Tenoh, Michiru Kaioh, Setsuna Meioh, and Hotaru Tomoe. They are all senshi like me and the others,” Ami said, thinking fondly of the other 4 members of her team, wishing that they would be here as well.

“I suppose it would make sense, 9 planet named girls for 9 planets,” Twilight thought to herself as she looked at Ami, “Interesting, you just don't seem to be the kind of mare to be involved in a group of fighters like that. You look more like you would be better as a doctor or a nurse than a fighter.”

“Well, you are correct. I always wanted to become a doctor and I still do. It’s just that,” Ami began to think about the first time that she met the bun haired senshi, how they spent so many hours together just walking around the town and being friends, “After I had met Usagi and became her friend, she and the others... ” a soft smile came to her lips, “helped me come out of my shell, so to speak. They helped me to see and do things that I would never have done if I didn’t have them. They were my first true friends and I will never be able to thank them enough for that. You probably feel the same with your friends, even if they so different from you.”

Twilight looked to the horizon as the sun began to drift away, letting the blank moon arise. A sigh escaped from her lips as she began to think back to that day so long ago when she first came to the small town, “You’re right, I do. Ever since I met those girls, it’s been one fun day after the other and I love them for giving me so much to explore. I think back to when I was such a recluse back before I came here and what I would have missed if it wasn’t for them, don't get me wrong Ami. I still love to study magic in all of it’s forms, see the mysteries of the world, and everything in between, but I also realize that if I had never came here and met them, I would have missed out on being alive. For that, I will always be grateful.”

Ami smiled at Twilight, enjoying the fact that they could get along so well together. Her mind then began to think about the book that she was reading before, “Twilight, you told me that you met your friends when you came to Ponyville to stop something called, ‘Nightmare Moon.’ What can you tell me about her.”

“She was the monstrous evil version of Princess Luna. All of her rage, jealousy, hatred, and want turned into one dark persona,” the purple unicorn let out a small shudder as she could remember looking into the leering dragon-like eyes of the corrupted moon princess, “Why do you ask?”

“Because before the girls told us to leave, I was reading up on the myths and legends of the world and I found that to be the most interesting.”

“Why?” Twilight asked.

“Because it reminds me of something that happened to me and my friends a few weeks ago,” Ami said, remembering the circus, “There was this dark queen called Nehelenia that hailed from a dark moon and wanted to destroy the planet. She was going to do this, much like your Nightmare Moon, by subjugating the entire planet into eternal darkness and make us suffer through horrible nightmares. It was only by working together that we actually could win and destroy her.”

“Destroy?” Twilight said, thinking to back when Usagi took out the drake. She was never one to take a life, even a monster, But I can’t really accuse her and her friends of anything until I know everything that happened to them. “You couldn’t have found another way?”

Ami shook her head, “It usually isn’t that simple, especially when it comes to creatures like her. I wish it was different though.”

Twilight looked at how Ami lowered her head in shame, and reached over a comforting hoof, “Hey, it’s ok. Sometimes we have to be pushed to those extremes... even if we have no choice,” the purple unicorn smiled as she rubbed Ami’s back. In a way, she had begun to understand her and her friends more.

The blue earth slowly nodded and looked back at Twilight, “You know, I am still glad we are here. It does seem like a nice place to get away from all of the tough battles we fought in the past.” Ami then sighed and looked out at the horizon as the moon began to rise, “Though this place’s calmness does make me wonder why we were sent here in the first place. There doesn’t seem to be any real threat to this world that would need us. Why are we here.”

“Yeah, this world is sort of peaceful and I hope that you enjoy being here for however long you have,” Twilight said, watching the world go by with her friend.

So it was, that Ami Mizuno found a companion to study the world’s greater mysteries with.

Author's Note:

Thanks to Zoltan the magificent for being the proofreader that I know he is.


Bad Sailor moon fanfic rules 2 d: Sailor Mercury: As the 'weakest' of the senshi, this will be her only defining trait in any bad fanfic. Any chance that can explore her desire to be a doctor will not be done in any manner possible. Also, she will be shunned by a least one of the senshi for being weak and will usually end up being the first to either die, raped, retire,Badly hurt, or all of the above.

Addendum- some gary stues will use her a the one that they will fall in love with