• Published 13th Mar 2013
  • 3,548 Views, 62 Comments

Harmony of the moon - Alchemystudent



Usagi Tsukino, wakes up to find herself a pony and in Equestria with her friends by her side. A new adventure for our bunny begins here

  • ...
6
 62
 3,548

Acrobatics! The dreams of future idols

Acrobatics! The Dreams of Future Idols.

It was at about 10:00 when the young rainbow maned pegasus began to stir, trying her best to avoid looking at the intruding sunlight. Laying next to her, in a futon, was a blonde pegasus with a red bow and she was equally trying to avoid the intruding sun and get back to her blissful sleep, “Shouldn’t you be getting up and heading to work, Rainbow?” The blonde pegasus asked as she squirmed in her bed.

“Naw,” Dash said, sleepily, “ It’s supposed to be just a cloudy day today, which means I don’t have to do anything at all for the rest of the day.” She then gave out a big yawn and turned her head away from the sunlight, “Besides, the sun is still shining right?”

“Yep,” Said Minako.

“Flying is still awesome?”

“Yep!”

“We have the best friends on the planet?”

“Most definitely.”

“Then I think the safety and peace of Equestria can do without us, until...noon.” And with that, the two pegasi went back to sleep.

At around noon, the two pegasi finally woke up and went down the stairs of the cloud home for some breakfast. Minako had to admit, she was impressed by all of the things that the pegasi could do with the clouds and what type of shapes they could make. Leaning over to one side, she touched the white wall of the house and chuckled as she felt the cold wetness of the cloud. It had been about a week since she started to live in this pegasus’ home and she could still find something cool about the experience. Adjusting her red bow on top of her mane, she quickly joined Rainbow Dash in eating breakfast before they both went out the door. As they stood in front of the doorway, they looked as all of Equestria was laid out before them. Turning her head to look at Rainbow Dash, she watched as the cyan mare took a deep breath and then exhaled before taking a stretch, “So,” Minako said, smirking, “Race ya?”

“You’re on!” Dash said, getting into a ready pose. Minako followed soon after, looking at her friend with a look that said she was planning on winning. Dash smirking in response as she said, “Ready? GO!!” and like two bullets being fired from a gun, the two were off.

As Rainbow flew at a good pace, she could feel the wind moving through her hair and ruffling it up into a streamline motion. Angling her wings to allow for a faster airflow and to enhance her speed, she took the time to turn her head back to look at her opponent. She opened her eyes in shock as she watched the yellow pegasus leap from cloud to cloud, using each one to help her catch up to the rainbow. Moving acrobatically and swiftly, the other pegasus began to dance and move through the air as if she had been doing this for all of her life instead of a week. Turning her head to focus on the race and moving through each cloud, she felt something latch onto her multi-colored tail. Grunting, she turned around to see Minako holding onto her tail with both hooves, a grin on her yellow face.

Still smirking with confidence, the young blonde pulled onto the tail to push herself up and over the cyan pegasus and put her ahead of her opponent. Turning her head over her shoulder, she gave a little wink of victory before taking off ahead Rainbow Dash. Shaking her head to ward off the shock, the cyan pegasus looked down at the forest below and smiled as she went down below the treeline, zipping past each tree as she left behind a rainbow contrail behind her to show which showed which path she took. Above the trees, Minako stopped to look behind her as she noted that her foe had left the airways. Looking back and left and right, she put an yellow hoof behind her head, trying to figure out where she had gone. She got her answer in the form of a blown rasberry as Rainbow Dash broke through the treeline and took off into the lead once again.

Cheeky little mare. But I can be cheekier,” Minako said as she took off towards Rainbow’s slowly fading contrail. Flapping her wings in order to push herself to get more speed and to catch up with her quarry. In a few moments of pushing her body, she managed to get within sight of the rainbow maned pegasus. As she soon caught up to be neck and neck with her friend, she gave Dash a light tap on the shoulder and smirked at her. Dash let out a grin in response as they neared the end of their race. The obstacle course within view, the two pegasi gave it their all as they flew faster and faster before hitting the soft cloud before them. Down below, a soft and quiet, “Yay,” could be heard from a buttery yellow pegasus.

Panting, Dash wiped some sweat from her brow, “ Ok, Flutters. You saw the end,” Dash then looked over to her friend as she was catching her breath, “ Which one of us won?”

“Well, I think actually,” the pink maned pegasus hid behind her mane as she said, “that it was a tie.”

“A TIE? Are you sure,” Minako asked as she looked over the cloud and down at the pegasus.

As Fluttershy nodded in response, Dash turned and fell flat onto her back, “Awwww, I can’t believe it. I knew I shouldn’t have taken that little shortcut. Slowed me down.”

“Well it’s ok, we all knew I was winning in the end,” Minako said with a smirk as she sat on her haunches.

Dash could only roll her eyes as she cracked her neck side to side before looking up at her personal obstacle course and taking off into the air. Minako sat and watched from her position on the cloud, admiring the loops and spins that Dash put in her movements through the clouds and the rings that had been made. She couldn’t help but cheer along with Fluttershy when Dash pulled off a hard whirlwind spin through a few leftover rings. Turning back to the start, Rainbow slowly flew back down and landed next to her friend, “Wow,” Minako said as she looked back at the cyan pegasus, “Those were amazing! Can I try?”

“Sure,” Dash said, giving herself time to cool down and for her body to relax. As she watched the pegasus get ready for a run, she felt a hoof on her shoulder. Turning, she saw Fluttershy handing her a water bottle and a towel before flying back down onto the ground. Dash leaned back onto her fore hooves and watched in amazement at the skills of the blonde pegasus. Granted, she was not as good as her and her skills could use a little touch up, but she was doing good for a pony who had never hit the track before. Watching her land before her, Dash handed Minako the bottle, “Wow, that was pretty good up there. Did you train for that type of stuff back home?”

“Well, no actually,” Minako said as she took a drink from her bottle, “It’s just that ever since I was a kid I had a love for gymnastics, being athletic, and of course volleyball. But what I really want to be is a idol,” to emphasise her point, she got up and began to dance a bit, “the idea of being up there on a stage in front of everyone and singing for them while their eyes are all on me, is just exciting for me. Some can probably call it selfish or egotistical, but its more than that for me. I just love getting everybody excited, making them happy to be alive and help to forget their troubles for just a few moments.” She said as she flew up into the air for a few moments and then landing back down with Dash.

“Totally understand,” Dash said as she turned to look down at the ground to see Fluttershy joined by an orange little pegasus with a purple mane, “It’s why I want to become a Wonderbolt. Well, that and something else.”

“What,” Minako asked, looking at her cyan friend.

“Its because of something special somepony did for me, a long time ago. You might not know it, but I used to be a small and scrawny little filly,” Dash said with a chuckle, “I couldn’t fly right and I was always picked on. Then, my dad introduced me to his best flier, Firefly. She taught me everything I know about flying, how to be awesome, fast, and skilled. She was the most awesome... big sister ever.”

“Was?”

“She died, a few years ago,” She looked down at the white cloud and sighed, “ There was a big lightning storm and she helped to stop it, but she died in the process. I figured that the best way to honor her memory was to be the best flyer ever, to make it so the lights that showed my name would be so bright that heaven itself can see it. Then she could look at how far I gotten and say, ‘you did good kid.’ And if I can inspire others to be awesome like she did to me, then that’s just icing on the cake.”

“Looks like you already did,” Minako said, looking at the orange pegasus as she was talking excitedly to Fluttershy, “Your little sister?”

Rainbow Dash sighed a little, saddened at the thought that she wasn’t, “ No, she isn’t my little sister. Just a little fan, but we have been acting like sisters for a few months now. Even longer for me. She’s a great little filly and the best sister a girl could ask for,” Dash smiled softly as she looked down at the little filly who looked back up happily. “Ahhh, enough of this mushy stuff. Did you say you enjoyed volleyball? Hey, Scoots, Flutters, up for a game?” To this, the two ponies down below nodded happily.

And so it was, in the bright summer sun, did Minako Aino find a fellow friend who shared the dream of reaching the stars and becoming an idol.


In a small coffee shop on the streets of Canterlot, a dark green unicorn sat at a small table listening to a light grey earth pony with a black mane, “I swear, sometimes its hard to live with her. Like last night, I was trying to read a novel, ‘The Immortal Game’, to myself when suddenly Vinyl starts blasting that infernal techno music at high volume right next to my bedroom. I, of course, tried to get her to cut the music down but she didn’t listen,” the Earth pony said as she drank her coffee gingerly while some music began to play on the radio, “But I am sorry talking to you about my problems, ms... what was your name again?”

“Setsuna Meioh,” said the unicorn as she drank slowly, her cutie mark looking like a stylized P, “ And I don't mind listening to someone else talk about their problems. It helps take my mind off mine for a bit.”

“Your, problems?” Octavia asked, looking at her.

“MY family’s missing, I know that they are in this city because I can feel them,” the green mare looked down in her coffee, a sad lonely look in her red eyes, “I just don’t know where.”

Octavia reached over with a reassuring hoof and patted her friend’s leg, “You’ll find them soon. Hey, do you know this music, I have never heard this composition before.”

Setsuna smiled a little as the music played, “Yes, I have... its called, ‘searching for friends’.” A smile came to her as she remembered the tune, one that was composed by a Michiru Kaioh, a dear friend.


Author's Note:

The opening is a bit taken from Bloom County.

Thanks to the always awesome Zoltan the Magnificent for editing this

Rules of bad Sailor Moon crossovers 2c- Minako: Her skills will never be mentioned, for even though she is the Royal guard captain and one of the stronger senshi in the magna, she must always be protrayed as a useless ditz. She must have no character beyond wanting to be a ditz, suduce the first boy she meets, and she must not be seen as anything less than that.

Oh and I had a lot of fun writing Dash's race. oh and there is a deleted scene where I had soem foreshadowing but my prereader said it was more random.