• Published 5th Mar 2013
  • 4,973 Views, 152 Comments

A Not So Magical Mystery Cure - OfficialPinkaMenaX



Twilight was close, so close to getting the spell right... Why did this have to happen again.... -Celestia

  • ...
30
 152
 4,973

11: I Don't Want To Forget

Author's Note:

So much for updating more frequently. I have had so much homework senior year. An average day consists of 9 hours homework and I rarely get done.

Hope you guys enjoy the new chapter. :)

Edited(7/14/2015) Spelling and grammar corrections

Cadence awoke to the sound of a muffled door slam. She sat up and looked around. Shining was still asleep and light was streaming through the window. As she got out of the bed another door slammed.

She stretched her wings before opening the door. Cadence took a peak outside but nopony was there. She walked down the hallway and into the main room. Night Light was standing in the kitchen.

"Who's slamming doors?" said Cadence walk over to him.

"Velvet came in a minute ago muttering 'she said she loved her' and went straight to her room and locked it," said Night Light.

"Where did she go?" asked Cadence.

"I don't know but if I had to guess I would say that she went to the castle," said Night Light with a small shrug.

"Perhaps... I think I'll go to castle myself," said Cadence," I need a few questions answered."

"I think I'll stay here," said Night Light.

"I'll be back in few hours," said Cadence before walking out the door.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When she landed in front of the castle she was meet by a group of guards at the gate. When she tried to enter the guards blocked her path.

"We are not allowed to let anypony through," said the guard in front.

"Let me through. That's an order," said Cadence stepping forward again.

"Sorry. Luna gave us the authority to not let you through. I will send a runner to tell her of your arrival," said the guard before turning and nodding to a guard in the back. He ran off into the castle.

"Now we wait," said the guard.

"This is ridiculous. Just let me through," said Cadence. The guard said nothing.

It was about a minute before the runner came back.

"Luna says let her enter," said the runner. The guards stepped out of the way.

Cadence walked right past them and into the castle. She walked straight to the throne room. Inside Luna was sitting on her chair.

"Cadence...," said Luna being cut off.

"I demand to speak to Celestia," said Cadence.

Luna sighed," You can't. Special protocols are active."

Cadence stood there a moment. Her expression changed from angry to confused.

"How long?" asked Cadence.

"Since Twilight Velvet left this morning," said Luna," It will be done tomorrow."

Cadence looked away and began pacing around the room. After a few moments she turned back to Luna.

"I wish to administer the potion," said Cadence.

"If you wish," said Luna after a moment," Now we have much work to do until then."

=====================================================================

Cadence waited outside the hall's doors. She had been waiting for several minutes while Luna went to retrieve the potion. She heard the clop of a hoofstep and turned to see Luna coming around the corner with the potion in her magic.

"Are you ready?" said Luna passing the potion to Cadence's magic.

"As ready as I'll ever be," said Cadence.

Luna replied with a nod and pushed open the doors. The hall was dark except for at the far end of the hall where there was a small glow. Quiet tears could be heard reverberating off the walls.

Luna and Cadence quietly walked down the hall towards Celestia stepping over debris as they went. When they were only a few feet away Celestia spoke.

"Cadence, I expected you to...," said Celestia stopping when she saw the potion in Cadence's magic," What do you have that for?"

"It's for you Celestia," said Luna.

Celestia turned away and shook her head.

"No. I don't need it," said Celestia turning back," You can leave now."

"Celestia please don't make this difficult," said Cadence taking a step closer.

"If you don't take it by choice we will have to force you to," said Luna.

Celestia sat quietly staring at the pictures of Twilight. Cadence stepped closer again. Luna opened her mouth to speak but Cadence held up a hoof. Cadence took another step. She was right next to Celestia now.

She reached out to comfort Celestia. The moment her hoof touched her she recoiled. Celestia jumped back, springing to her hooves and flaring her wings.

"I don't want to forget her!" yelled Celestia charging her horn and firing at the ceiling.

Luna immediately teleported behind Celestia. Before she could turn around Luna closed a magic blocker around Celestia's horn. Celestia gave a swift buck to her sister and jumped into the air. She tried to fly towards the hole in the ceiling but was encased in magic before she got far. She struggled trying to break free of the magic but it was no use.

"Luna are you alright?" said Cadence straining to hold Celestia.

Luna stood up and rubbed her head where her sister kicked her.

"I will be fine," said Luna.

"I need you to give her the potion. It's over there," said Cadence lowering the still trashing Celestia.

Luna looked around and spotted the potion. She grabbed it in her magic and walked to Cadence.

Celestia began to cry as she approached the floor. When she saw her sister with the potion she shook even harder to try and escape Cadence's grip. When she felt the floor she let out a scream of defeat and went limp. She was sobbing full force now. She looked up at Cadence and Luna.

"Please don't," pleaded Celestia between labored breaths," I don't want to forget her."

Luna stepped closer and brought the bottle close to Celestia.

"I don't want to forget her," said Celestia pulling away from her sister and hard as she could.

Luna held Celestia's head and brought the bottle to her lips. Celestia gave her sister a pleading look and repeat herself again. Luna shut her eyes and looked away as she poured the contents into her sister’s mouth.

Celestia struggled as she swallowed the liquid. When it was gone Luna released her grip. Celestia coughed and let her head down. Her hair fell over her face. Luna opened her eyes and looked back at the defeated sister.

"You deserved far more than a thousand years on the moon... You monster," said Celestia before slipping into unconsciousness.

Cadence laid Celestia down and released her magic. She looked over at Luna. She was shaking and small tears ran down her face. She flinched a little when Cadence set her hoof on her.

"I can take it from here. Go get some rest," said Cadence stepping in front of Luna.

Luna gave a small nod before teleporting away.

Cadence turned around and looked at the now sleeping Celestia. Her eyes drifted to the items behind her. She walked over the collection of items. She felt a twinge of pain when she looked at the photos of Twilight, her now tear stained letters, and a childhood drawing of Celestia and Twilight side by side. Cadence turned back to Celestia and took a deep breath.

I have work to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luna popped into her room. She paced a bit before falling to the floor. She let out a scream and buried her head in her hooves. Her body shook as she cried.

You knew just how to hurt me dear sister.