• Published 5th Mar 2013
  • 4,973 Views, 152 Comments

A Not So Magical Mystery Cure - OfficialPinkaMenaX



Twilight was close, so close to getting the spell right... Why did this have to happen again.... -Celestia

  • ...
30
 152
 4,973

8: Food for Thought

Twilight awoke to a hoof on her shoulder.

"Morning sleepy head," said Celestia in a soothing voice.

"Morning," said Twilight lifting her head off the book she had been using as a pillow. She rubbed eyes with her forehooves and stood. Stretching her legs one by one and then her wings.

"So how late were you up studying?" said Celestia looking around the room. Books sat in stacks, papers covered in writing, along with tons of crumbled paper around the trash can, and chalk boards were covered in various diagrams.

"I started studying Griffin politics at about 11:30 and fell asleep while making flash cards, so probably 1:00ish," said Twilight with a yawn.

"Well if you’re feeling up for it I was thinking we could go out to breakfast and we can talk about what you've learned so far," said Celestia.

"Absolutely," said Twilight with a smile," just give me a few minutes to get ready."

"I'll be waiting just outside," said Celestia walking out of the room.

Twilight quickly walked over to her bathroom. She brushed her teeth and mane. Once done she levitated her crown onto her head and walked out the door.

"All ready," said Twilight closing the door behind her.

"So what do you think about pancakes?" asked Celestia as they walked down the hallway.

"Sounds good," said Twilight.

"Excellent. I can show you my favorite dinner," said Celestia with a smile as they walked out onto a balcony overlooking the city.

"What are we doing out here?" asked Twilight looking over the edge of the balcony.

"Did you think we were going to walk?" asked Celestia as she opened her wings and taking off.

"Wait!" said Twilight causing Celestia to turn in air to face her," I don't know how to fly."

"Sure you do. You did just a few days ago," said Celestia hovering just a few feet from the balcony.

"That was just a spur of the moment," said Twilight.

"Well then this can be you first lesson. So first open your wings," said Celestia. Twilight opened her wings.

"Okay now flap," said Celestia.

"Well here goes nothing," said Twilight quietly before giving a few strong flaps.

"Congratulations Twilight. Your flying," said Celestia.

Twilight was hovering a few feet off the ground and gave a little cheer.

"Now while flapping move you wing back to gain speed," said Celestia.

"Like this?" said Twilight moving forward off the balcony.

"Perfect," said Celestia flying beside Twilight," Now just follow me."

Celestia sped up and Twilight increased power to keep up. She banked to the left and then to the right. Twilight did her best to match her maneuvers and keep up. She started to descend. Slowing as she approached the street. Twilight followed close. Celestia gave one last hard flap and landed right back hoof first. Twilight tried to do the same but tripped over and uneven stone. Landing with an ungraceful "oof" as she hit the sidewalk.

"Are you okay?" asked Celestia helping Twilight up.

"I'm fine. I need to work on my landing though," said Twilight brushing herself off and straightening her crown.

"You were going a little too fast when you landed but other than that you did great for only your second flight," said Celestia.

"Thanks Princess," said Twilight.

"You’re welcome too Princess," said Celestia with smile. Twilight looked up at her crown and began to laugh. Celestia began to laugh too.

"So are you hungry Twilight?" asked Celestia once the laughter had died down. Twilight nodded her head still giggling a bit.

"This way," said Celestia opening two silver double doors. The sweet aroma of hay bacon and syrup wafted out. Twilight stepped inside and Celestia followed behind.

"Hello princesses. Table for two?" greeted a green mare in an apron.

"Yes please," said Twilight and Celestia in unison. The mare grabbed two menus and walked toward an empty table.

"How is this table?" asked the mare standing in front of the round booth table in the corner.

"This will do fine," said Celestia sliding into the booth. Twilight slid in next to her. The mare placed the menus down.

"Your server will be Golden Griddle," said the mare and walked off.

"So what are you going to get?" asked Twilight looking over the menu.

"I'm going to get a Royal Special," said Celestia without looking at her menu," How about you?"

"I'm going to get the Kid's Chocolate Chip Smiley Face Pancakes," said Twilight with a small blush of embarrassment.

"Excellent choice," said Celestia with a smile.

"Sounds like you two are ready to order," said Golden Griddle levitating his notepad and pen.

"Yes. One Royal Special extra hay bacon and Chocolate Chip Smiley Face Pancakes," said Celestia.

"Ever going to order anything different princess?" said Golden Griddle with a grin.

"Well why do think it's called the Royal Special?" said Celestia hoofing him the menus.

"Good point. Your order will take about twenty minutes," said Golden Griddle and he moved on to help other customers.

"Seems like the staff here knows you well," said Twilight turning back to her mentor.

"Yes. I come here quite often. As mentioned before I have my own special," said Celestia," The staff and regulars here have gotten used to my presence."

"That's nice. So do want to hear about my studies now?" said Twilight.

"Actually I thought that instead of you telling me about your studies we could have a little Princess Q&A," said Celestia smiling," So I can answer some of your burning questions."

"Well that's a relief. I wasn't properly organized for a presentation," said Twilight eliciting a small smile from Celestia," So after I complete my training about how often will I be needed in Canterlot?"

"I can't give you an exact number but I can assure you that you will have plenty of time with your friends," said Celestia.

"Good. So, when do I get a flowing mane?" asked Twilight causing Celestia to laugh a little.

"Well when you’re a few years older your mane will start grow and it will slowly begin flow," said Celestia.

"That makes sense, said Twilight taking a pause," Now that I'm an alicorn will I live forever?"

"Ahh. I was expecting this question," said Celestia pausing," Yes. Twilight you are now immortal."

"So does that mean..." said Twilight looking down at the table.

"Yes Twilight. Everypony you know and love will eventually die. This may sound harsh but it's the truth," said Celestia reaching hoof across table and lifting Twilight's chin so she could see her eyes," And though it will hurt I have great faith that you will not let it stop you. Besides think of all things you will get to see that others won't."

It took a few seconds but Twilight began to smile.

"Your right. It won't be as bad as I thought," said Twilight.

"Wow that's some deep stuff," said Golden Griddle carrying food trays in his magic," Now I can't offer any advice about being immortal but I can offer some food."

Twilight and Celestia both laughed.

"Yes. I think we're ready to eat," said Celestia.

Author's Note:

Yes I know I take way to long to update. Sorry about that. It's nearing end of school so I've been having tests and college tours. That plus the general busyness of life means I end up being really tired in the mornings and don't write as much. I'd like to thank as those people who stick with this story even though doesn't update as fast. /)

Also I named the waiter after my dad's favorite syrup. They don't sell it where we live so he bought an entire box of 8 bottles off the Internet.

Yay! 200+ views of this chapter in less then one day. You guys are awesome. :D

Edited(7/14/2015) Spelling and grammar corrections