• Published 5th Mar 2013
  • 4,973 Views, 152 Comments

A Not So Magical Mystery Cure - OfficialPinkaMenaX



Twilight was close, so close to getting the spell right... Why did this have to happen again.... -Celestia

  • ...
30
 152
 4,973

6: Family Reunion Part 1

"Time to double check the checklist," said Twilight preparing to look over her preparations.

"Area cleared?" said Spike.

"Check."

"Doors locked?"

"Check."

"Silencing spell?"

"Check."

"Safety Water put in a bucket?"

"Check."

"That's it," said Spike checking the double check checklist box," You know Twilight we probably didn't need to double check the checklist. We can clearly see everything is here."

"Better safe than sorry Spike. Wouldn't want anypony to get hurt," said Twilight closing her eyes and beginning to cast the spell.

Her horn began to glow brightly. Five small multicolored spheres grew around her. Something doesn't feel right, thought Spike as he watched. The balls of light left wispy trails of smoke behind as they flew around her. The room was completely silent.

"How is the spell going Twilight?" said Celestia teleporting into the room.

"Princess Celestia?" said Twilight losing focus. The spell quickly became unsteady before it exploded in a flash of light. Spike covered his eyes from the brightness.

"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!" screamed Twilight. Spike quickly uncovered his eyes to discover Twilight rolling on the floor trying to put out the fire burning all over her body. He quickly ran to the Safety Water and threw it onto Twilight extinguishing the fire.

"Twilight. Twilight say something," said Spike standing over Twilight. Her body covered with burns. Nothing of her mane remained and most of her tail had burned away.

"Spike," whispered Twilight reaching a hoof towards him," You’re the best assistant I could have asked for." With a final cough her hoof fell to the floor.

"Twilight... Twilight? Twilight!?" said Spike crying," Nonononono Twilight!" Spike turned to go get the medical kit and saw Princess Celestia just standing there.

"Help me!" yelled Spike grabbing the medical kit. He ran back to Twilight and began to carefully wrap her in bandages.

"She failed the spell," said Celestia.

"That's why I need help!" said Spike still tending to Twilight.

"Do you know what happens to students who fail Spike? They get sent back to magic kindergarten," said Celestia teleporting out.

Spike stared in disbelief at where Celestia had been. He turned back to Twilight burned and terribly wrapped in bandages. There were no signs of life. She wasn't moving or breathing.

"How can the world change so quickly?" said Spike as tears falling from his eyes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spike bolted up right breathing heavily. He felt his blankets. They were wet with sweat. It was dark but he could tell he back in his room at Rarity's house. He sat in his basket for a few minutes before hopping out and leaving his room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rarity was awoken by something climbing onto her bed.

"Spike?" said Rarity noticing the little dragon laying down next to her.

"I had a bad dream. Twilight used to..." said Spike.

"It's okay Spike. Come here," said Rarity pulling Spike closer.

"Goodnight Rarity."

"Goodnight Spike."

=====================================================================

"Shining!" said Twilight Velvet giving her son a hug before he had even made it through the door.

"Hi mom," he said returning the hug.

"How's my favorite son been?" Velvet asked letting him he the rest of the way through the door.

"I'm your only son and I've been fine. Running an empire isn't as hard as I thought," said Shining Armor.

"That's good and Cadence how have you been?" she asked Cadence as she walked in.

"Running an empire is harder than it looks," Cadence said before crashing on the couch.

"You'll have to tell me about it sometime. Do you want anything to eat?" Twilight Velvet asked walking towards the kitchen.

"No it's a little late to eat," said Shining Armor sitting next to his wife who was yawning.

"Now don't you fall asleep you two. We have to leave in half an hour. You can sleep on the train," said Velvet.

"Yeah I know. I can't wait to see the surprise on Twily's face," said Shinning with grin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanley was a simple brown earth pony stallion. He worked at a small mail carrying company. His normal job was to follow onscreen commands as represented by the computer monitor cutie mark he had.

Mysteriously though no one else had come to work that day. He had checked everywhere. Even the broom closet... Twice. Since no else came he took it upon himself to deliver the mail so it wouldn't be so late.

He was on his way to deliver the last package. As he was approaching the address on the box he saw the occupants leaving. Looking at the package again he noticed it had been delivered from Ponyville and apparently had been accidentally sent just all over Equestria. Why was the package delivered to so many wrong places? Maybe it was a part of some important storyline or maybe it was because the address we terribly written and smudged with tears.

While he had been contemplating the reason the package was so late the cab had pulled away. Knowing he could not catch it he simply placed the package in their mail box.

Now that he was done he could go home to his wife whom he'd been neglecting.

=====================================================================

Dewey Decimal sat up on couch she'd brought in last night. She looked down to see the time on the clock sitting on the floor beside the couch. 6:00 am bright and early.

Time to start sorting, Dewey thought before getting straight to work. She looked around on the shelves as she removed books and placed them in stacks on the floor.

After she finished removing all the books from the shelves she took a quick break to eat some Cinnamon and Sugar flavored Hay'n'Oats.

When she was done she pulled a box out from underneath the couch. Inside were small golden colored metal plaques. They had various sections of the Dewey Decimal system engraved on them. She grabbed the box and flew up to the first shelf to start putting the plaques on the shelf.

Once done with the plaques she checked the time again.

"7:46 am. I'm four minutes ahead of schedule," she said with a smile.

She got to work sorting out the books into piles based on sections in the Dewey Decimal system. Once she had found enough books for section she fly up and place them on the proper shelf.

She was flying with a large stack of books for the 400's section when she was startled by a massive," Surprise!" She lost grip in the books when she jumped and they fell to the floor with a thud. She turned and saw four ponies at the door. A blue unicorn stallion, a light grey unicorn mare, a white unicorn stallion, and a pink alicorn mare.

Her attention was brought back to books when one of the piles fell, destabilized by the books she had dropped, knocking over another in a domino effect until all the books were in a giant mosh pit of knowledge.

Dewey turned back to the group standing the doorway, “Do you need something?" She asked with a little anger in her tone.

"Sorry about startling you. I'm Twilight Sparkle's mother Twilight Velvet and wondering if you know where she is. We had some time off so we wanted to surprise her and come visit," said Twilight Velvet walking inside. Dewey's anger disappeared and was replaced with confusion.

"Do you not know?" said Dewey Decimal landing in front of the group.

"Is she off on one of her adventures again?" said the blue unicorn stallion.

"I haven't heard anything from Celestia about Twilight going anywhere... Now that I think about it I haven't heard from her in the past couple days," said the pink alicorn.

They really don't know do they? They’re her family. How were they not informed? Should I tell them?, thought Dewey before being brought back into the conversation.

"So do you know where Twilight is?" said the white unicorn stallion.

"Uhh...," replied Dewey with the group eying her questioningly, “Umm..."

"I don't think she knows," said Twilight Velvet, “Well it was nice meeting you."

"So where should we try now? We hardly know anypony," said the blue unicorn stallion.

"Shining, do you know where any of her friends live?" said Twilight Velvet.

"I believe Rarity lives not far here," said Shining.

The group of ponies walked out of the library and closed the door leaving Dewey Decimal alone in the library. I hope not telling them doesn't come back to bite me someday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spike awoke alone in Rarity's room. The sun was already up and was streaming through the windows. He hopped out of bed and opened the door. The smell of food wafting up the stairs.

He walked downstairs and into the kitchen. Inside Sweetie Belle was mixing batter while Rarity was cooking eggs.

"Good morning Spike," said Sweetie Belle.

"Ahh Spike your up. We're nearly done with breakfast. Why don't you go ahead and take a seat," said Rarity grabbing the bowl from Sweetie Bell with her magic and pouring the ingredients into like circles on the pan.

Sweetie Belle hopped off the stool she was standing on and made her way to the table.

"How are you doing this morning?" said Sweetie Belle taking a seat next to Spike.

"Fine I guess," said Spike shrugging his shoulders and not making eye contact.

"Anything you wanna do today?" said Sweetie Belle.

"Not really," said Spike still not making eye contact.

"Maybe you could come to school with m tomorrow," suggested Sweetie Belle.

"Okay," said Spike not moving at all just staring at the ground.

"Breakfast is ready," announced Rarity levitating plates over to the table. On each was a single egg and three hay pancakes.

"Let me just get the orange juice and we can start eating," said Rarity turning around and walking back to the counter. Floating out three cups and the orange juice she filled the cups about a quarter from the top. With the three cups in tow she walked back over to the table, set down the cups, and sat down.

"So what were you two talking about?" asked Rarity before taking a small bit of egg.

Sweetie Belle was about to talk when the doorbell rang.

"I wonder who that could be?" said Rarity getting up and walking out of the room.

Sweetie Belle and Spike looked at the door she had gone through curious as to who was at the front door.

"Sorry we're closed," said Rarity slightly muffled by the door to the kitchen. The reply was too muffled to understand. The sound of the door opening was heard.

"Hello Rarity. We were wondering if you know where Twily is?" said a voice that Spike recognized as Shining Armor.

Author's Note:

So I'm dividing this into a two parter because the chapter was getting long. Plus it's been a while since I updated.

Also in case you past the link that was in the story here it is again:
"Goodnight Spike."

Edited(7/14/2015) Spelling and grammar corrections