• Published 30th Jan 2012
  • 2,981 Views, 28 Comments

Celestia VS Luna - Pinkamena666



The ultimate battle for Equestria begins!

  • ...
6
 28
 2,981

Derpy's Big Moment

Derpy sat outside of the hotel, watching the storm clouds in the distance. Lyra approached from behind.
"Derpy?" she asked.
"They're getting closer." said Derpy.
"We'll be okay." said Lyra.
"Will we?" asked Derpy.
"Derpy..." said Lyra. "This is a side of you I haven't seen."
"I may be weird but I'm not stupid." said Derpy. "I know what's coming. I just don't know if I'm ready for it."
"Oh, Derpy." said Lyra. "You will."
"Will I?" asked Derpy, a tear falling from her eye. "I'm cross-eyed, Lyra. I've gotten used to it, but it still makes me clumsy. And with my learning disability, everypony thinks I'm an airhead." She hung her head as another tear fell from her eye. "I'm worthless."
Lyra put an "arm" around Derpy and gave her a hug.
"I don't think you're worthless." she said.
"Thanks, Lyra." said Derpy, smiling. "That means a lot."

Later that day, Derpy sat in the lounge of the hotel, staring out the broken window. Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo were playing outside. Twilight was inside. Reading, of course. The others were off on errands. Just then three shadow pegasuses landed with a loud thud. Apple Bloom and the other fillies stopped playing and stared in fear. Derpy jumped up and Twilight set her book down and ran to the window.
"Not more of them." said Twilight.
She leaped out of the window and charged at the group. They took to the sky as Twilight ran passed them. One of them landed behind her and shot her with a dark energy blast.
"Twilight!" yelled Scootaloo.
"Oh, no." whimpered Derpy.
The three pegasuses gathered around Twilight.
"Well, that was easy." said one of them.
"Let's take her back to the Princess." said another.
"Hold it right there!"
The group of shadow pegasuses turned towards the hotel. A gray pegasus stood in front of the hotel.
"And what do you want?" asked one of them.
"You will NOT hurt my friends!" Derpy yelled.
"And what are you gonna do?" one of them asked. "You're cross-eyed. I bet you can't even see properly."
Derpy's eyes narrowed and she let out a massive yell. She then took off at the pegasuses. They again took to the sky. Derpy took off, too. All four were now in the air. One of the shadow pegasuses lunged itself at Derpy. Derpy shot to the side, letting the attacker pass.
"You got me mad." said Derpy. "Not good."
"Ooh, I'm so scared." said one of the enemies. "She's mad."
The others laughed.
"You're laughing at me?" asked Derpy. Her eyes narrowed. "Big mistake."
Storm clouds started to swirl above her head.
"Uh..." said one of the pegasuses. "What's going on?"
"You see..." said Derpy. "Because you're not a real pegasus, you can't control the weather. Like me."
A bolt of lightning struck the three shadow pegasuses. And another. And another. After a few more bolts. The pegasuses let out a yell as they evaporated into little dust particles. The clouds dissipated as Derpy let out a sigh and gently lowered herself back down to the ground. Twilight was watching her.
"Derpy..." she said. "That was amazing."
"Thanks, Twilight." said Derpy, collapsing to the ground, inhaling deeply. "That took a lot out of me."
She tried to keep her eyes open but couldn't. Derpy then proceeded to pass out.