• ...
6
 160
 2,978

Chapter 1

Chapter 1
Introductions

Darth Vader walked down the corridors of the Imperial Palace on Coruscant to meet with his master, The Emperor. He had recently been notified of an unexplored planet, to which his master was going to send an invasion fleet. Lord Vader was unsettled and the slightest bit angry at having not been sent to strike fear into any new subjects of the Empire. As he approached his master's throne room, the two Imperial guards on either side of the door stepped aside allowing him passage. As Vader entered he saw the The Emperor, sitting in the only chair in the room, facing the window as he usually did.

"Lord Vader, why do disturb me?" The Emperor asked.

"Master, I have become aware of your plans to send an invasion fleet to an unexplored world." Vader said, careful to conceal his anger, but showing his disapproval.

The Emperor Slowly turned around in his chair, "Yes,you seem displeased why does this concern you?" The Emperor asked.

"I was not officially notified of the discovery of this planet, nor was I informed of your plans to investigate." Vader said.

"I did not feel it was of importance, what would you have me do?" The Emperor asked, he was becoming angry.

"I request that you send me to supervise this expedition, to strike fear into the inhabitants of this world." Vader replied.

"No, I have another assignment for you, Lord Vader, I have been notified of a rebellion on the planet, Bonadan. You are to quell this uprising, use lethal force if you feel it necessary." The Emperor said.

It took a moment for Vader to respond, "As you wish, my master." he said before turning and walking out the door.

Darth Vader was furious now, he would take his anger out on the rebels of Bonadan, personally.

***

Kal Nevaar's eye's shot open, "Something is coming... something sinister." he said whispered aloud.

Kal had been meditating in the forest, near his home, hoping that he might feel the presence of some surviving Jedi, instead he felt only the Dark Side. He stood up, and walked back into his house. He had explored the what he could of the planet, he had noted that there was an intelligent presence inhabiting this world. The inhabitants were advanced for what little resources were available, but still slightly primitive in some standards, but the were organized, and had the ability to speak. Though he did his best to stay hidden, he would sometimes come to the aid of one, or a group, of the planet's inhabitants who strayed too deep into the forest where even he did not go. He moved too quickly for them to see, and when he had saved them they would leave, no doubt stunned and frightened, they though of him as a protector of the innocent in the merciless forest. If he did not wish to remain hidden he would show himself to them and confirm to them that he not a guardian spirit, but a simple Jedi.

It was getting late, so Kal got into his bed and fell asleep, but through the night he had terrible visions of death, suffering, oppression.

***

Maverick and his troops walked through the underbrush of the forest, as they did every night to avoid any encounters with the natives of this world, though it was probably better to encounter a native than one of the multiple predators in the forest.

"How much longer 'til we stop, sir?" one of his troopers ,Vek, asked from behind him.

"Vek, if you keep asking that, I can't be held accountable for what I'm gonna do." another trooper said, it was Berk this time, He always had a bit of a short fuse.

"Stow it you two, the commander will inform us when we'll stop." It was Lockdown this time, said.

At that point Maverick stopped and turned to face the small squad of troops behind him, "Quiet, all of you, you're going to give away our position with all the chatter you're making. Now get a move on, and keep any comments to yourself, from here on we're traveling silent." he said.

The troops all went quiet, and Maverick turned around and continued forward. He wasn't meant to lead soldiers, he was meant to infiltrate, sabotage, assassinate, and leave no trace, he was an ARC Trooper, an elite unit, Trained by the Mandalorian instructor, Wad'e Tay'haai. This role of leader wasn't something unusual to Maverick, but usually he wasn't always leading the group personally by their side. Maverick's experiences with the average clone trooper weren't the best, they tended to keep their distance.

After walking a little longer the small band of clones found an old, rundown castle.

"This place gives me the creeps." said Jax.

"Lots of things give you the creeps." Berk replied.

"Huh, you know, when I think about it, your right." Jax replied, he was a trooper that always tried to keep up the company's morale by making jokes.

The clones camped in the remains of the castle that night. Maverick couldn't explain why, but he had a bad feeling about the castle, he shook it off, it was probably just his imagination.

***

Captain Izan Kerner stood on the bridge of the Marauder awaiting the last of the imperial personnel to board his Victory class, Star Destroyer. He and his men had been given a special assignment by The Emperor himself, and he did not intend on disappointing. Kerner was intent on gaining the Emperor's favor, and becoming an admiral of the Empire's Navy. Admiral Ozzel was an idiot in Kerner's opinion, but he still envied the man for being an admiral. Kerner was a young captain by most standards, but he wasn't going to let that stop him. He was determined to become the Captain that history would remember.

"Sir, we are ready to make the jump to hyperspace." the officer at navigations stated.

"Excellent, make the jump." Kerner commanded, this was his chance.

The deck shook and the stars stretched as the Marauder went to lightspeed.