• ...
6
 160
 2,967

Chapter 14

Chapter 14
Through the Hell of One's Mind

Vek and Lockdown dragged Twilight out of the the trench, dodging blaster fire, while Rainbow Dash laid down covering fire for them. It was the middle of the night, the fighting had been going for several hours now.

"What happened, was she hit?" Lockdown asked.

"I don't think so, she just collapsed." Vek replied.

"Let's get her to the medical tents." Lockdown said.

The two clones reached the first medical tent they saw, and placed Twilight on one of the gurneys.

"Oh my, what happened?" Fluttershy asked as she came into the tent.

"We don't know, she just collapsed." Vek explained.

"Collapsed? Oh dear!" Fluttershy exclaimed softly.

"Do you know what could be wrong with her?" Lockdown asked.

"No, this has never happened to her, unless she completely exhausted herself." Fluttershy replied.

Lockdown turned to Vek, "Get the General." he said.

"Right away." Vek replied, before stepping out of the tent.

***

Twilight activated the lightsaber as her opponent struck, just barely deflecting the blow.

"You were lucky to survive my first attack. Lets see how you do against the rest." The armored pony said, swinging it's lightsaber in a frenzy of slashes and thrusts.

Twilight kept dodging or deflecting the attacks, backing away to trying to increase create distance between herself and the armored pony.

"Why are you doing this?" Twilight asked when the armored pony had relented in it's attacks.

"Why? Because I can, because I find it pleasurable." the pony answered.

"What is the pleasure in the suffering of others?" Twilight asked.

"My power gains strength their fear, their anger, their death." the pony answered.

"You are still a pony, you knew the peace of Equestria, there must be a speck of that part of you that remains."

The pony growled thrusting it's lightsaber at Twilight, they locked lightsaber, both fighting for "I am no longer just a pony, I am much more now. I am Sith."

Twilight broke the lock between their sabers, catching the pony of guard, leaving it unprepared and unguarded. She slashed at the pony, catching it in the head, slicing through it's hood. The pony was wearing a helmet under the hood, with glowing gashes down the face, no doubt from her previous attack.

The pony removed the piece of the face that Twilight had damaged, giving her a glimpse of the pony's face. Twilight gasped, the pony was a mare, with coat of indeterminable color, but her face was scarred, and the one visible eye was glowing, and red.

"You'll pay for that," she said angrily, again lashing out at Twilight with her lightsaber in furious bursts.

"You will die a very excruciatingly painful death, I will make sure you feel every little bit of agony that your body can take, and then some. I will not let you die until I feel satisfied enough to allow you the privilege." The pony said, still swinging her red blade violently at Twilight.

Twilight noticed that the Pony's attacks were becoming clumsy and less focused. Twilight saw an opening and took it, slashing at her opponent making contact with her left shoulder.

The pony let out a sound of pain.

Twilight was on the offensive now, swinging her lightsaber in every direction she could think of, pushing the other pony backwards. Twilight hit her mark again, landing a blow just above the front-left knee of her opponent.

The pony let out another screech of pain, and swayed, trying to keep her balance.

Twilight twirled her saber, this time making a gash on the pony's left flank. Finally she fell, losing her mental grip on the lightsaber.

"You are beaten, It is useless to resist." Twilight said, holding the point of her green blade at the pony.

"Mercy, please. I beg you." the pony pleaded.

"Why should I?" Twilight asked.

"Killing me won't change anything. It won't bring your world back." the pony said.

"If I let you live you'll only continue to do this to others, I can prevent this from happening elsewhere." Twilight said, raising her lightsaber to strike.

"Please no." The pony said, with genuine fear in her eye.

"Give me one good reason." Twilight said.

The pony seemed to be thinking rapidly, her eyes darting in every direction.

"Well, I guess if you won't let me go, I'll just have to take you down with me." the pony said.

Twilight raising an eyebrow, then she heard the sound of a lightsaber being activated. Twilight's reflexes were the only thing that saved her, she spun around slicing the hilt of the lightsaber in half just as it flew past her. Then she turned back, slitting the pony's throat.

The pony let out a choked gasp as the blade went through her neck, then her body went limp.

Twilight sighed. "Well at least that's over with." Twilight said.

She looked at the dead Sith pony before her. She felt compelled to reach down and remove it's helmet.

"I need to know who you were." Twilight said, inspecting the helmet to find a release mechanism.

She found the latch, it made a click as she undid it. She lifted the helmet, and gazed at it's face, or rather, her own face, but it had several scars, and her coat was now a dull shade lavender, instead of the normal bright color. She dropped the helmet in shock. She was speechless and heartbroken.

Twilight fell to her knees, "What have I done?" she said, tears forming in her eyes.

"You are fulfilling your destiny, my young apprentice." A voice said.

Twilight looked up to see a withered, wrinkled human face, shrouded in a black, hooded robe.

Twilight backed away from the human, "No... I'm not... I couldn't..." she stammered.

The human let out a cackling laugh.

Something above caught Twilight's eye. She shifted her gaze further up, past the cloaked figure and saw a horde of triangular shaped masses, hovering in the sky above.

Twilight tried to hide herself. Her hooves moved to cover her eyes, then she felt them hit metal. She uncovered her eyes, and found herself looking in a mirror. She was now wearing the helmet of the dead mare that shared her face. She tried to remove it, but the latch wouldn't come undone. Tears were now rolling down her cheeks.

"Twilight, you need to listen to me. This isn't real." A familiar voice said.

"Kal?" Twilight asked, through choked sobs.

"Yes, now follow my voice with your mind." Kal's voice said.

Twilight closed her eyes, and focused on Kal's voice.

"That's it." Kal said.

***

Twilight's eyes, burst open. She saw Kal, and bolted up, wrapped her forehooves around his neck, and cried into his shoulder.

"It's alright, Twilight, you're safe now." Kal said.

"Don't leave, please don't leave." Twilight said.

"Alright." Kal said.

Author's Note:

Hope to do an audio drama of this story for youtube. Check out all the info here:

[url=Star Wars: Battle for Equestria dramatic reading]Star Wars: Battle for Equestria dramatic reading