• ...
6
 160
 2,970

Chapter 7

Chapter 7
Building an Army

Kal watched the door for a few seconds before a knock was produced from it. Twilight walked to the door and opened it to reveal a cloaked figure, taller than Twilight and her friends. Kal couldn't see the figure's face, but he guessed it looked similar to the other six. The figure removed the hood, It's color was a dark-blue, and it's hair was long and flowing, covered with silver-white pinpricks that reminded Kal of Stars, and a horn like both Twilight and Rarity.

"Ah, you are the princess I presume." Kal said.

"Yes, but not the one you must have expected." the dark blue figure said.

Kal raised an eyebrow, "There is more than one princess?" he asked.

"Yes, as there has been for over a thousand years." she said, not seeming shocked in the least of his ignorance.

"I see, so which Princess are you?" Kal asked.

She straightened, almost seeming taller, "I am Luna, Princess of the night and guardian of dreams." she said.

"A pleasure to meet you, I am Kal Nevaar, and theses men are my soldiers." he said gesturing toward the clones, who had stood up straight and saluted.

"I know who you are, I have felt your dreams of late, and I am most perturbed, do you think what happened in your dreams shall really come to pass?" Luna said.

"I do not know, but I hope not." Kal said.

Princess Luna nodded, then she stiffened, "My sister approaches." she said.

"You're not leaving are you, Princess?" Twilight asked.

"No, Twilight Sparkle, I'm not leaving. My sister and I will speak on this together." Luna said.

At that moment, another being, slightly taller than Luna, but this one white and wore golden jewelry. Also displaying a pair of wings on the back, just below the shoulders.

"Princess Celestia." Twilight said.

Celestia nodded at Twilight before turning to look at Luna, "Well, sister, you are here now, so that saves me the trouble of informing you." Celestia said calmly.

"I intercepted Twilight's letter, I wanted to be here for the main discussion, not be told how it went." Luna said.

Celestia sighed and hung her head, "I'm sorry Luna, I shouldn't have left you out of this. After all, you were the one who told me about your discovery of them." she said.

Luna nodded and smiled, "We can still resolve things together, sister." she said as she walked over to Celestia, putting her head next to her sisters.

Celestia looked up and smiled as well, "Thank you, Luna." She said.

Luna nodded before turning back to look at Kal and the clones.

"Twilight's message said you needed to speak with me urgently, I'm here now." Celestia said.

"Yes. We fear that your entire planet is in danger, I can't necessarily tell you when the attack will come, but I know it's coming, and soon." Kal said.

"What can we expect to encounter? I would like to know weapons, supplies, soldier numbers, and the strength of the attackers." Celestia said, going from Princess to General, much the same as Kal had gone from peace keeping Jedi to warrior General, but different in the sense that she seemed to have done so before.

"Princess, I will do my best, but please know that I am not an all-powerful, all-knowing being. I won't have all of the answers to your questions." Kal said.

"I trust your knowledge will be most useful, Master Jedi." Celestia said.

Twilight looked surprised, "Princess, how did you know he was a Jedi." Twilight asked.

"I was able to view his dreams, Twilight. Remember?" Luna said.

"Oh, right." Twilight said, putting her hoof to her face.

"Now, Kal Nevaar, tell me what you know." Celestia said.

***

After several long minutes of Kal, Celestia, and Luna talking together about the enemy forces moving towards them, they emerged from the room they had gone into nearly an hour ago.

"Twilight, I need your organizational skills." Celestia said.

"Of course princess, what do you need me to do?" Twilight asked.

"I want you to organize everypony who is willing and able to fight. From what I've heard, this will be less of a battle, and more of a war." Celestia said.

"Right, I'll gather every able pony in Ponyville." Twilight said before turning to leave.

"No, Twilight. I meant everypony." Celestia said.

Twilight's jaw dropped, "You mean..." she said.

"Yes, Twilight. We may even need every species in Equestria." Celestia said.

Twilight's jaw dropped even farther, but she regained her composure, "You can count on me Princess." Twilight said, somewhat shakily, before she left the library.

Maverick stood up, walked over to both Princesses and saluted, "My men and I are willing to help anyway we can. We can train your people to fight the Empire." He said.

Celestia smiled, "Thank you, we would greatly appreciate it. Kal has offered to lend us his knowledge for the time being, and will be with my sister and I. You and your soldiers may begin training at your convenience." Celestia said.

Maverick saluted again, "Yes, ma'am. I would be proud to serve you." he said

Celestia nodded, "I can see why Kal speaks so highly of you, I will grant yo whatever you require." she said.

"Thank you, ma'am." Maverick said.

"I am appointing you and your soldiers as a part of my official army, Commander." Celestia said.

Maverick saluted and replaced his helmet, "Alright lads, lets suit up and get ready to roll, we need to retrieve the rest of our gear." he said to his troops.

All of troops stood up and replaced their helmets as well, "Yes, sir!" the replied in unison.

"Commander Maverick, I have some gear at my camp as well that might come in handy. The house can be moved as well. You should re-position it on the outskirts of the town, please." Kal said.

"Yes, sir." Maverick said before heading into the forest to retrieve their equipment.