• Published 28th Feb 2013
  • 604 Views, 24 Comments

Aslumber (Sanquil Version) - Sanquil



Sleep, my subjects, sleep. You all belong to me now.

  • ...
1
 24
 604

Acres Upon Acres

It would be more convenient for you to visit the pony by the name of Rarity seeing a she is located not too far from here. Why are you traveling several streets in the opposite direction? The king's subconscious questioned his motives.

You know, The kings replied, even though you are me, and I'm probably crazy for carrying on a conversation with you, you don't seem to know much. I would guess that you would be able to know why, but apparently not.

You didn't answer my question.

The king sighed, looking out of the window of his chariot. His subconscious acted as if it wasn't even him. It was strange.

"Sir." The puller spoke up. "We have arrived at your destination. I must ask though, why are you having us stop in the residential district?"

"That," The king spoke, looking the mare in the eyes, "is none of your business." He strapped his satchel to his back, and stood up. Using his magic, he opened the door to the chariot and stepped out. As he stepped out, the sky clouded. No doubt it was part of the Pegasi's weather forecast. It started out as a light drizzle. By the time the king got to the Cake's house, the drizzle turned into a full blown storm, with the wind whipping his long, dark blue mane in his face.

The king reached his hoof up to knock on the door, but suddenly, it opened. Standing in front of him was an orange mare with blonde mane and tail. In the background, he could hear the sound of foals crying.

"Please excuse my intrusion. Is this a bad time?" The king poked his head into the house, but couldn't see where the two foals, Pumpkin and Pound Cake, were.

"Mah lord," The mare spoke, bowing down, "please do come in." She ushered the king into the house. "What brings you to the Cake's household? If you wanted to speak with them, they've left for a night out. Honestly, Ah can see why. Ah love these foals, but they can be a pain. Mah king, can Ah please..."

"Please stop." The king interrupted. "You are worst than Pinkie Pi.. oops! Forget I said that, Applejack."

"Pinkie... Pie?" Applejack said. Her mind went reeling. The name was extremely familiar to her, but she didn't know why. "What is it you want, mah king?"

"I need to ask you a question, if that's quite fine." He sat down, relaxing on the pillow chair on the floor.

"It's quite fine but," Applejack followed suit. "May Ah ask a favor of you?" She bit her lower lip, her mane disheveled by trying at the foals.

"It's done." The king bent down, his horn glowing silver. A loose wave of sliver magic left his horn, and sought out the source of the noise, replacing it with the sound of sleep. "Now, I will ask you my question." Following his routine that her worked himself into, he pulled out the six pictures, and removed Applejack's photo from the group.

"Please," He floated the pictures towards Applejack. "Do any of these ponies seem familiar to you? I'm counting on your honesty here."

Applejack studied the five ponies for some time, taking note of each one. Truthfully, they were all very familiar, especially the pink one, which she knew was Pinkie Pie. Being the honest pony she was, Applejack couldn't lie to her king, but couldn't tell him the full truth. Something strange, and suspiciously dark was at work.

"Well," Applejack spoke at last, looking the King of Dreams in his silver eyes. "to be honest, they are all familiar, but Ah've never seen them before." She could tell that the king both liked and disliked her answer.

"Okay." The king put the pictures back in his satchel and stood up."Thank you for your time, Applejack." He turned and left. There was still much to do, and so little time left in the day.

The rain had worn itself down, bringing it to a pleasing, light rain. Before stepping into the chariot, the king stood outside for a few seconds, letting the raindrops pat his head.

You do know it isn't REAL rain, right? His subconscious again. It loved ruining his moments. The king climbed back into the chariot.

Define your definition of "real". He retorted. To me it is real. This rain I've lived with for five HUNDRED years. It's the only feeling I remember of rain.

We're straying off topic. His subconscious said, trying to hide the fact it lost. Applejack remembers, and that is a crucial thing that needs fixing.

I know. I suspect the all of them have remembrance of each other. It can't be helped. We just don't want them being friends. THAT would be catastrophic.

Which one are you visiting next?

I'm going to see if Rainbow Dash knows anything.

You know you're overlooking a very important piece in play, If a subconscious could smirk, his was right now, and if you continue to ignore it, it will bring about your downfall. You have been warned.