• Published 28th Feb 2013
  • 604 Views, 24 Comments

Aslumber (Sanquil Version) - Sanquil



Sleep, my subjects, sleep. You all belong to me now.

  • ...
1
 24
 604

Plan B

If the Mare in the Moon is true, The king continued to speak to himself, then this "L" is the one pony who stands in between me and my goal. I MUST stop her at all costs.

Luna and Fluttershy took flight, soaring over the rest of the city full of the bewitched ponies trapped in a false reality. By flying, they reduced their time by two fold, even if Fluttershy wasn't a good flier. Both ponies were anxious, ready to end the silence, and bring life back to their home. The only way was to go back into the his realm.

As the city started to fade into the distance, the forests and smaller settlements scattered across Equestria started popping up, here and there. All were just like Canterlot; silent, and void of conscious ponies. The fact that the king's magic could reach all across of the country surprised both the Night Princess and the timid, pale yellow Kind.

Finishing off his coffee, the king tossed the cup to the side, it's side rolling dangerously close to the edge of the balcony. At this point, he didn't care. If L awoke all the Bearers, his plan would be ruined. It was time to try Plan B.

The king sun around, his silver cape flowing outward around him. Striding forward, he reached his dresser, and opened it. Inside, a set of polished, silvery armor lay on a ponnequin. Levitating it, he donned the elegant battle armor, and, extending his wings, set off out the balcony.

He flew over the city that, if not prevented, would soon be taken from him. His horn glowing, he focused. Straining, a light film of silvery magic started to encase the expansive city, shrouding it. Beads of sweat started to pop up on the king's forehead from the strain. The barrier started to enclose the city, shrinking. Ponies, terrified, ran from the field of magic fast approaching them. They all ran to one center point, the castle. Escaping the barrier was impossible for everypony on the inside. Soon, as the passed over them painlessly, they dropped, asleep.

"I did it." He said, landing. He was panting, out of all energy from sending all of his subjects deeper into the dream realm. "Now I just need to follow suit." He focused, a faint glow surrounding him.

He started to fade, being that he no longer owned a physical form in reality. Suddenly, the magic burst, bringing him back. He collapsed, unable to stand. He had exerted too much energy to attempt to go deeper in his realm without fading completely out of existence. Since this mental form was the only one that he had, having it leave this realm without a tether would ultimately destroy him. If L and her companion, Fluttershy came to stop him now, there was nothing he could do to stop them.

Within minutes, Ponyville came into focus. Right in time, as well. Fluttershy could fly for too much longer, or she'd drop out of the sky, making her more of a rock than a pegasus. To assist her, Luna enveloped Fluttershy in a field of levitation, just in case fatigue took over her body, making her drop.

They landed in the outskirts of the small town. Fluttershy, aweary from the flight, collapsed on the grass, falling asleep immediately. Smiling, Luna plucked her from the ground like she were nothing more than a saddlebag of parchment. Ahead of them, the town center lay, the streets littered with ponies' sleeping bodies, all their mental states inside the Dream King's domain.

Somehow, in all that had transpired in the last few hours, the king found it possible to relax and sleep. His sleep was restless and fitful. He did not retreat deeper by natural rest, that only happened if he sent somepony deeper. No, he had dreams inside his dream realm.

He trotted down a path. The land was barren, all except for a few trees here and there, all of which were dead. It was a full moon, and the stones cracked between his hooves and the hard dirt beneath them. Abruptly, the ground opened up into an enormous crevasse, swallowing him whole. All light blocked out, he lit his horn, using it as a makeshift flashlight. What he saw froze him in his tracks. In front of him, lay a skeleton in a room too familiar. What he saw was the skeleton of somepony he knew too well, himself. He only knew it was him, because his right hoof was cracked, making it uneven with the left, as it was to him in life.

"This," A voice spoke, a sense of disapproval in it's voice that sounded as familiar as the room looked, "is what became of you, Dream Weaver." He already knew this, but the voice spoke it in such a way, that he could help but fear. "This is because you defied what was sacred, and took sacred life for the sake of taking it. Why you did it, I'll never know, but I do know that if you had come to us, this could have been prevented."

The king struggled to move, to run, to do something besides stand there horrified. Despite all his mental protests, his body refused to oblige him.

"I wish this had never happened." The voice spoke. "I may not have been around to see it, but the books tell all I need to know. I know of you past, Dream Weaver, and I can guess at what potential you could of had, but you threw it away because you saw no other way out."

"STOP!" He sprang from his spot on the street, breathing hard. The dream had been so real, it seemed as if it were true.

No, He thought, calming down, there is no way it was true. My mind is just toying with me. I should start head...

Something interrupted his thoughts. A strange entity, no two, entered his realm, unannounced. It was them. It had to be. No pony besides his nemesis, L, and her companion, Fluttershy, could come here without him bringing them. It was time to meet his guests.