• Published 28th Feb 2013
  • 604 Views, 24 Comments

Aslumber (Sanquil Version) - Sanquil



Sleep, my subjects, sleep. You all belong to me now.

  • ...
1
 24
 604

Returning to the Plan

In the confusion, the King stopped, raising his head. The constant use of his power made him weak, and he stumbled. Everypony in the vicinity stopped to watch. The King was causing a scene, getting unwanted attention from the citizens.

"This isn't over." He spoke, looking into Luna's eyes. "I will stop you, L." With that, he spread his wings, and flew off, dipping slightly from fatigue.

Fluttershy reached up to catch him, but Luna stopped her. Looking up confused, Fluttershy was about to question the Princess of the Night. Luna answered before she was able to ask.

"What he said was the truth." Luna looked down, smiling at Fluttershy. "We will confront him soon enough and besides, without the Elements, beating him won't help."

"But..." Fluttershy tried to argue, but was cut off once again.

Luna looked back up to the King's castle, her smile dissolving. "His magic, like Discord's, can only be reversed with harmony. Incapacitating him now would accomplish nothing but proving we are no better than he."

Luna and Fluttershy trot down the roads, turning every now and then. Even with Luna's magic, locating all of Fluttershy's friends would prove difficult. Unlike the King's location spell, it just gives the general area of the pony she seeks. They turned down Forsworn Drive, and ran right into Twilight Sparkle on her way home.

"Twilight!" Fluttershy nearly knocked over Twilight hugging her. "I'm so glad we found you!"

"Uh," Twilight looked at Fluttershy questioningly, "I don't mean to be rude, but I don't know you."

"Fluttershy," Luna trotted over to Fluttershy, "She's still under the King's spell. Her memories haven't returned yet." Turning to Twilight, Luna smiled. "Twilight Sparkle, we need your help."

Twilight openly showed her distrust towards to Princess of the Night. "With what, may I ask?"

"The King has been tricking all of Equestia, and we need your help to free all of ponykind from him." Luna explained, approaching Twilight, extending her hoof. "Let me cast my spell, and you will see."

Twilight contemplated this for some time. Her distrust towards Luna was equivalent to her suspicion to her king. "Fine, show me the truth."

Luna smiled, and then turned to Fluttershy. "Fluttershy, would you please go and find Twilight's sleeping body? It should still be in the Canterlot Garden." A dark blue magic enveloped Luna's horn, and Fluttershy disappeared in a flash of light. "Now let's wait for her to find your body."

They waited for a couple of minutes to give Fluttershy plenty of time to reach the castle from Ponyville. In that time, Luna admired what the Dream King was able to create with him magic. It level of complexity that he showed in the buildings rivaled her own power, but then on the other hoof, he's had hundreds of years to build all this. Finally, Luna spoke.

"Okay," She said, returning her attention to Twilight, "I think it's time." She trot forward, and placed her horn on Twilight forehead. "This will only take a second." Her horn was then enveloped by a field of dark blue magic which soon spread, encasing Twilight in the same magical field. Concentrating hard, Luna poured much of her power into Twilight, trying to release her from the Dream King's spell. finally, after some time, it worked, and Twilight disappeared in a flash of light similar to Fluttershy. Luna then followed suit.

Twilight opened her eyes, blinking from the sudden light that assaulted her eyes when she woke up. Fluttershy giggled, knowing exactly what that was like first hand. After her eyes adjusted, she saw Fluttershy and jumped to hug her.

"Oh Fluttershy," Twilight said, "It's so good you're okay. I'm sorry for bringing you and everypony else into this!"

She let Fluttershy go, and smiled. Then realizing that Luna wasn't with them, she became worried. Looking to her friend, she opened her mouth to question about the disappearance of their lunar princess, but was cut off.

"Twilight Sparkle," Luna's voice rang out, loud and clear. Twilight gazed up at the sky, awaiting her princess's form to appear in the distance. "it seems you made it out."

"Yes, my princess." Twilight responded, still trying to find the location of Princess Luna. "What are to do now?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Luna spoke, her location being revealed, flying down to greet the two. "We must locate the other four of your friends and then confront the King of Dreams himself."

The three traversed the sleeping city, avoiding the sleeping forms of ponies still trapped inside the king's realm. Considering that Twilight couldn't fly, the trek would take significantly longer than if it was just Luna and Fluttershy, but leaving Twilight wasn't an option. As they reached the outskirts of Canterlot, Twilight proposed an idea.

"How about this:" She started up, breaking the ever present silence found in the sleeping Equestria. "how about I teleport all of us back to the Ponyville Library?"

"But Twilight, wouldn't that tire you out?" Fluttershy responded, worried.

"Maybe," Twilight admitted, "but it sure beats trotting to Ponyville on hoof for a couple days."

Luna stopped, and turned to face the duo of friends, "She has a point. It would take a considerable amount of time to travel to Ponyville on hoof. Okay Twilight Sparkle, preform your teleportation spell."

The three of them braced themselves as Twilight's horn started glowing. It started dim, but quickly grew quite bright, illuminating the darkness enveloping the kingdom, inching it's way across the landscape. The glow eventually flashed brightly, and was gone, taking the three ponies with them.

The three of them appeared in the main room of the library, scaring one young dragon, on his way to bed. On his way up, the trio flashed in, and he fell down the stairs he was currently trying to climb.

"Whoa!" Spike yelped as he fell. Once he reached the bottom, he picked himself up, and looked at the sudden arrival of the three ponies. "Twilight? Where have you been?"

"I'll explain later." She said, nearly falling over from exhaustion.