• Published 28th Feb 2013
  • 604 Views, 24 Comments

Aslumber (Sanquil Version) - Sanquil



Sleep, my subjects, sleep. You all belong to me now.

  • ...
1
 24
 604

Counteraction

Are you sure leaving the last two Element Bearers alone is such a good idea? His subconscious just couldn't agree with anything he did. Was there no pleasing it?

You know, The king responded, weary of the constant disapproval that his subconscious was giving him, I DON'T need to please you on everything I do. The king then proceeded to ignore his subconscious. He couldn't run a country while he argued with himself all the time.

The day had been long, and the sun started setting on the west horizon. The king decided to sleep worry about the anomaly in the morning. Truth be told, his subconscious was right to be suspicious. At first, it was just a small thing, nothing more than a mouse, figuratively speaking. Now, the importance and power of it has grown to the size of... well, he couldn't decide, but to put it simply, it made his palace look like a filly's dollhouse. For once, he feared that it could cause true harm. Either way, there was no way he was going to confront it in the middle of the night.

Stalking through the shadows, a mysterious pony avoided all life, making sure that he didn't see her. This was a game of wit. One couldn't meet the other, or else it was all over. If she found him, she couldn't stop him without some help, and if he was to see her, everything would be ruined.

Focusing, her horn started to glow dark blue. She searched for them. finding those ponies would be all she needed to stop the Dream King, and tear down the empire he stole. Just her luck lately. All that she were looking for were in a dream state. It would be impossible to bring them out of this while they lingered so deep inside. Wait, she overlooked one pony. Of course she would be awake. This place probably kept her from sleeping. Thank Celestia that she is the way she is.

Traversing the city blocks that intertwined, making a confusing labyrinth of near identical houses, she finally found her. Before she could approach, the mare stumbled farther into the darkness, trying not to be spotted. She smiled, knowing that the mare still wasn't changed by his magic, unlike her sister.

"It's okay." The mare spoke softly, to appease to the liking of the pony she was tracking. She dared not to look at her, for fear she run. "I'm not here to hurt you. In fact, I'm trying to do the opposite." the mare slowly moved into the streetlight, allowing her to see the mare. She was beautiful, with a long flowing pink mane and tail. Her coat was a pastel yellow, making her seem to slightly glow in the light.

"Who... who are you?" The pony spoke softly, almost inaudibly.

"My dear," She looked into the pony's eyes, "everything will be clear here soon enough. Just relax, and all your fear will dissipate." Her horn started to glow, softly at first, then brighter, and soon enough, it out shined the streetlamps. She enveloped the timid, yellow pony in her magic.

"Eep!" The pony yelp, and tried to run, but was caught in the field of magic.

"It's okay." She said, not breaking her concentration. "Just relax, and you'll be fine, Fluttershy."