• Published 25th Jan 2012
  • 1,065 Views, 13 Comments

Looking for Equestria - the darkside phoenix



A accidental trip to Equestria changed my life in a way I will never forget.

  • ...
9
 13
 1,065

A frightening legend

The tale Luna told me was amazing, it started as many others: with the phrase:
``many moons ago, this very land was facing a time of darkness earth ponies, pegasi and unicorns were just starting to get along but they could not seem to live with each other for which even after the three kinds decided to live together they all tried to go in the search of their own land, one of this searches reached the Everfree forest and the ponies who arrived there decided to go deep in the unexplored land, never a pony from any of the three kinds had ever entered the forest so the ponies got to an agreement where two ponies of each kind would travel in group to be fully prepared to anything the forest could give them for their surprise their findings where greater than they had expected.
they had founded a new world, a world of unseen beauty and unknown lands, but this world was inhabited by tall creatures capable of walking only in two feet and building gigantic structures: the humans.
At first the ponies were surprised by the physical differences but the ethical similarities, they tried to approach the humans but they were scared of the mythical creatures and ran away, the ponies tried to calm the humans but it didn’t seem to work except for one human who, in his fright, noticed the ponies shared their language, he then tried to talk to the ponies what calmed everybody else and let the ponies explain themselves.

The ponies told the humans they had found their land by accident and that they were equally surprised of the human appearance as the humans were of the ponies´, after the humans weren’t scared anymore they begun to share stories of their respective worlds they both noticed lots of similarities between their worlds except for one, a big difference that since the beginning had cursed the humans, it was their way of solving problems what made the difference, whenever ponies found difficulties they would try to solve them with the help of friendship or in an extreme case they would run away. The humans on the other hand had a different way to ``solve ´´ their problems, the method is old as time itself but we aren’t able to get over it yet,
every time we face a problem we try to fight it or kill it, this has been that way since man walks and that was the way humans solved their when ponies were around.

This fact scared the ponies but they thought they could teach their way to humans for which they decided to stay in their world, where they had been received with open arms, some ponies decided to go back to Equestria and told the story of this newfound world, some were interested by the tale and decided to go and see by themselves.

Humans and ponies had become friends and the ponies helped humans expand their kingdoms trough alliances instead of war after a while humans were concerned, ponies already knew their world but they where ignorant of ponies´ for which they confronted the ponies, they were happy to hear that the humans were interested in their world and agreed kindly to let them wonder in Equestria.

The ponies guided the humans trough the forest and they all arrived to the pony land, the humans were mute at the wonder they were seeing and the ponies enjoyed their surprise face, the ponies kindly showed the land to the humans who were amazed by the show, all but one, one human who felt envy at the ponies and wanted to rule their land.

After the humans returned to their home world the envious human shared his feelings with the others who begun to feel the same he convinced them that they had control over the ponies and that they feared the humans, they planed a invasion to the ponies´ world and attacked at night leaded by the envious human, they wanted to expand their kingdom over the ponies land and weren’t willing to find other way.

Once the attack started the ponies where surprised their friends were attacking them directly, all they had thought to them, all they had lived together was now in the past, they tried to talk to the humans but weren’t willing to hear anything the ponies would say, the humans felt overpowered but they were blind before the facts even if they were more the ponies had pegasi and unicorns, against flight and magic they didn’t stood a chance but they tried anyways.

The battle was horrible as expected the ponies wined but they had to take many human lives, the ones who survived ran back to their world to tell tales about a dark land across the forest inhabited by heartless monsters who would kill any human who dared to enter their land.

All the humans were gone, all but one, the leader, the envious human who poisoned the minds of all the others, he was captured and kept alive by the pony army, Queen Harmony, mother of Luna and Celestia and creator of the elements of harmony, demanded an audience with the human leader.

The man was brought to the throne room where the queen expected to find an answer to the humans attack, something she did not found, the human was mad he wanted to rule this land and did not understood that he was already defeated, the queen tried to ask him questions but the only answer she found were wailings and grunts, the human was struggling trying to get free from his bindings. He suddenly became stronger as if he had got an adrenaline shot and got rid of the guards who were holding him, screaming and growling he tried to attack the queen thinking that by killing her he would win the respect of the ponies, the queen didn’t flinch to the attack and she just saw as two guards stabbed the humans chests while he was sprinting towards the herself.

Queen Harmony was disgusted by the acting of this human and decreed that no human would never be able to enter her land again and that no pony was allowed to cross the forest in search of the human land, to make sure her subjects will obey she put a magic barrier en the forest that would bring the worst nightmares to anypony or human who tried to cross it´´

The legend chilled me to the bones, my kind had betrayed their friends and tried to take over their land, most important I wasn’t supposed to be there and I was terrified of what could happen if I was discovered, I felt shame and terror at the same time.